Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:18 pm

So after re-watching bits of the movie through...means, I made the discovery that different screenings of the movie had different title cards. The ones at my theatre maintained the original title card, so I was initially under the impression that they had chosen not to bother changing it. They didn't make any alterations to the BOG one, after all (although, granted, the BOG one was in English anyway). However, I have since seen an English one, which kinda caught me off guard. Do you guys remember which title card was used at your screening? Anyone know why this might be the case? Had they simply not made one until quite late on?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

They used the English title card at my screening. I don't know why they would mix up the title card for some theaters though. It's possible that some theaters got an unfinished copy of the movie but I don't know why that would happen

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:25 am

I saw the Japanese title card and end credits at a 3D screening of the dub, but the 2D subtitled screening I attended had the English title card and credits. I imagine that Madman simply didn't have a 3D master with the edits to the title and credits. I don't think Funi had any 3D screenings in the US, right...?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:01 am

So, I went to see this movie in France yesterday. It was great. Despite NO commercials whatsoever anywhere, the cinéma filled up. And I've been reading that the same thing happened in France many other places. So anyway, I got there quite early with a friend and then we met another guy from a french forum together with his younger sister. When we got in, there weren't too many people: I think they were thinking the same thing as us: since DBZ hasn't been on cable in forever (middle 90's) there wouldn't be too many people. But we couldn't have been more wrong, because it really filled up. Thankfully my friend got us good spots in the middle...

The crowd consisted mainly of 20-35 year old guys, i'd say about 80%, and the rest devided on women, plus a very few kids.

Before the movie started, they had contests to win Dragon Ball stuff where questions were asked, and there was a lottery. The first question was "What are Goku's sons named?", the second was "What is Vegeta's home planet called?" (in other words, stupidly easy questions and you should be ashamed if you can't answer those as a Dragon Ball fan).

After the goods were dealt, we were so lucky to get commercials (yay, or should I write nay?). And from start to end, the crowd were silent, except in hilarous moments.

All in all it was a great experience that I wouldn't have been without, and I don't see why people hate on this movie so much.Comments on the content in spoilers:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Is there any reason why the recent DBZ movies were shown in France only with subs? I am sure that many people would like to watch them in their own language and not in Japanese. Why do they dub the movies only for the DVD releases?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:45 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Is there any reason why the recent DBZ movies were shown in France only with subs? I am sure that many people would like to watch them in their own language and not in Japanese. Why do they dub the movies only for the DVD releases?
Since movie 12 and 13 were released in the movies in the 90's, dubbed in french, No dbz movie has had showings in cinema

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Only just found out that RoF is now being shown in some Vue cinemas in the UK. Combining Vue and Showcase brings it up to 44 cinemas in the UK or somewhere around that... I think :P

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:24 am

https://twitter.com/yukimitsu/status/640003577465823232
Yeah, I kinda wish I was getting this now. Check out that storyboard book! Maybe I'll grab one next year when I have the funds. The BOG one is still readily available, so I expect this one to be around for a while.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:09 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Image
https://twitter.com/yukimitsu/status/640003577465823232
Yeah, I kinda wish I was getting this now. Check out that storyboard book! Maybe I'll grab one next year when I have the funds. The BOG one is still readily available, so I expect this one to be around for a while.
That looks so awesome. I don't have the money right now either, but I hope, like the bog limited edition, that it will drop in price sometime next year

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 am

Just in case there's anybody posting from the North East of England, EMPIRE Newcastle have added extra showings throughout the day which brings the total number of screenings to 8 on the 30th.

I'm going at 5:45 and 8pm!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:41 am

BlackCatScott wrote:Just in case there's anybody posting from the North East of England, EMPIRE Newcastle have added extra showings throughout the day which brings the total number of screenings to 8 on the 30th.

I considered going up to Newcastle if folk from the forum were, but in the end, I've managed to nag a friend to come with me to the Teesside Showcase viewing.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:48 am

Manga Entertainment has announced an early screening of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' on Wednesday September 23 at 6.30 p.m.; the venue is the Picturehouse Central cinema on Shaftesbury Avenue, near Leicester Square. Cosplay is encouraged at the cinema, and tickets can be booked here.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:32 am

Official unboxing video of the limited edition home release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ChNPkWRxO8

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:06 am

Nice, nice. The only other thing I kind of wish the Limited Edition came with is a Resurrection "F" postcard thing like the Battle of Gods Limited Edition had for all the other films.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:39 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Official unboxing video of the limited edition home release:

Is the guy unboxing supposed to look cool 0.o?

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:02 am

Blade wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:Just in case there's anybody posting from the North East of England, EMPIRE Newcastle have added extra showings throughout the day which brings the total number of screenings to 8 on the 30th.

I considered going up to Newcastle if folk from the forum were, but in the end, I've managed to nag a friend to come with me to the Teesside Showcase viewing.
That's cool. It's a shame that you have to nag a friend to join you though! Thankfully I was able to find a couple of friends who were more than willing to go. I don't know if there's many users on here from the NE, but the 5:45 and 8pm showings are both pretty much sold out (with one seat remaining in both), so that's amazing. I'm excited beyond belief to not only watch the film but also just for the experience, and being in a room full of DBZ fans. It's going to be great.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:59 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Official unboxing video of the limited edition home release:
I am dying to get that storyboard book~!! Almost five hundred pages is insane, but oh-so something I look forward to having.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 pm

FUNi's CE for "F" has gone down to $35 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Resur ... on+%27F%27 $10 more then the regular, seems like a good deal to me.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:38 pm

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dragon-b ... n-f-film-0
Not surprisingly, the film's got a 12A rating in the UK.
The BBFC lists the run time as 94 minutes too, so I'm guessing that means we won't be getting the pre-show that the US got. Interestingly, they've rated the subtitled version for a theatrical release too. Has Manga announced any subtitled screenings?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:13 pm

So the Freeza clock doesnt play F? Missed opportunity.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]