Will a character stronger than Whis ever show up?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Will a character stronger than Whis ever show up?

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 pm

I personally think yes because there are 12 Universes in dbz.Those universes had to come from somewhere.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will a character stronger than Whis ever show up?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Most probably.

The real question is do we want a character that strong? For all the complaints DBZ and GT got for not having Goku exhibit any real "feats," Super has kind of over done it from the start, with Beerus and Goku literally being capable of "crumbling" the universe by just bro-fisting each other.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Hell, yeah.

It'll definitely happen once the Universe 6 arc goes into full swing. Then they'll dial back everything come EOZ.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:22 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Most probably.

The real question is do we want a character that strong? For all the complaints DBZ and GT got for not having Goku exhibit any real "feats," Super has kind of over done it from the start, with Beerus and Goku literally being capable of "crumbling" the universe by just bro-fisting each other.

I actually like Goku getting some good feats.In DBZ he didn't really get anything good.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Hell, yeah.

It'll definitely happen once the Universe 6 arc goes into full swing. Then they'll dial back everything come EOZ.

Lord Beerus I hope you get some more awesome feats your one of my favorite characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Hell, yeah.

Lord Beerus I hope you get some more awesome feats your one of my favorite characters.
Judging from Episode 12 of Super, Toei seem keen on making me even more powerful than I already was. Not that I'm against that at all. :P

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:40 pm

I actually like Goku getting some good feats.In DBZ he didn't really get anything good.
I like him getting good feats too. But I think they exaggerated with Super. The series just started and Goku is already strong enough to destroy the universe by clashing with someone of equal strength? How do you surpass this?!

It would have been better if Beerus and Goku's clash endangered the planet they were on, not the entire universe. This only ever happened before because of beam struggles. Here, their physical attacks could create hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis across the planet. Still over-the-top, but not by THAT much. Universal busting should have been preserved for a serious final battle.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

I like him getting good feats too. But I think they exaggerated with Super. The series just started and Goku is already strong enough to destroy the universe by clashing with someone of equal strength? How do you surpass this?!

It would have been better if Beerus and Goku's clash endangered the planet they were on, not the entire universe. This only ever happened before because of beam struggles. Here, their physical attacks could create hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis across the planet. Still over-the-top, but not by THAT much. Universal busting should have been preserved for a serious final battle.
You surpass it by endangering multiple universes.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm hoping for Champa to be stronger than Whis.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:I'm hoping for Champa to be stronger than Whis.
Considering he's tippy toei-ing around Beerus I say he's around the power of ssjgod goku.

Chapa's assistant might be stronger then Whis...let's call her margarita XD I think each universe has a Whis. One for each god of destruction.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:47 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

Well, if you look at the original DBZ (at least the manga), initially there was the threat of the planet being destroyed during the Saiyan arc, but we actually saw it happening with Freeza. So, the next step would be likely be Champa destroying one of the universes. Then by the end they could make multiple universes at once threatened by their battles.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

Yea I understand that. We don't want Goku being omnipotent off the back I like to see Goku but I also want some feats as well I don't want him saying stuff he can do and never shows it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Most likely, yes. There will have to be a final villain who's stronger than Whis at least.

I've said this before, but I'd really like it if Dragon Ball pulled a HxH or Toriko and one of the universes contained beings so strong that makes the top 4 of universe 7 look like Raditz.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:56 am

Probably yes,a 80% chance of happening i think,but one of my worries,you know there's a high possibility that its gonna happen but i really dont like it if Goku or Vegeta will surpass Beerus/Whis,i really getting tired of seeing them surpassing everyone with ease and i really like there cool duo name ''God of Destruction and his Master'' and if it will not matter anymore if Goku/Vegeta will surpass them both.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 am

For all we know, Super has already retconned Whis into being weaker than Beerus, as Beerus did say he was the strongest in the universe.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:13 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:For all we know, Super has already retconned Whis into being weaker than Beerus, as Beerus did say he was the strongest in the universe.
i doubt that,someone in dragon ball saying ''I'm the strongest in the universe'' is pretty common,we see Vegeta saying in saiyan saga that he's the strongest being in the universe despite Freeza being far stronger than him,Freeza also said numerous times that hes the strongest being in the universe despite knowing Beerus.

Raizel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Raizel » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 am

In DBS manga Beerus said Whis is stronger than him.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:15 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:For all we know, Super has already retconned Whis into being weaker than Beerus, as Beerus did say he was the strongest in the universe.
i doubt that,someone in dragon ball saying ''I'm the strongest in the universe'' is pretty common,we see Vegeta saying in saiyan saga that he's the strongest being in the universe despite Freeza being far stronger than him,Freeza also said numerous times that hes the strongest being in the universe despite knowing Beerus.
I know, I'm just saying that with Super changing so many things from BoG, they might have changed this too for all we know.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

I don't see Champa being stronger than Whis. He's likely between Golden Frieza and Beerus.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Beerus also was described as the strongest in the universe before the Whis reveal, and he was referenced like that in official material even afterwards. It's basically his "title" even after Whis' power was known. I don't think him using that title here is a sign that things are changing, especially when it was already established that Whis flies faster than him.