Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:57 am

I don't mind that it got delayed in UK. In fact it coming out so close to the theatrical fate was making me second guess if it was worth going to see when it'd be out in a few weeks to buy on Blu Ray.

As long as it comes out before Xmas I'm fine.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Bad news UK folks, Resurrection "F" delayed on BD/DVD in the UK. Base.com have said February but Manga have responded to a tweet saying it's TBC, but it does look like it is definitely delayed. So many delays in the anime industry lately, no wonder folks resort to piracy or import anime elsewhere. Anyway FUNi have had a lot of things delayed recently too so it wouldn't surprise me if their release of "F" gets delayed too.

Edit-

Official announcement: http://www.mangauk.com/post.php?p=drago ... ate-change
Seems it is due to extended theatre run time.
Man, that sucks. :thumbdown:

But if the delay is to ensure that the quality of the BD/DVD is high, then more power to them. I'd rather them not release an incomplete or half-arsed product.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Hey guys! Just read the news about the UK theatrical release of Fukkatsu no F! As a Dragon Ball fanatic, living in Bulgaria, I've got to know - will there be screenings after 30th September? If so, where can I see dates and locations across the UK playing it? I'd really like to make plans and make my way over to witness it - it would be a dream come true!

I've checked the main website here: http://tickets.dragonballzuk.com/ but apparently my location is "invalid". :problem: Which is understandable though, because I'm not in the UK.

I kinda don't wanna mess with VPNs right now, so would appreciate it if a fellow UK DB fan can shed some more light on this. Ultimately, I think it would be best for me to see it in London, as I can book a flight directly to there. I just need to know places playing it and dates for the screenings!

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies! ^^

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

It's screening on October 2nd and 3rd as well in some locations.

Try going on here http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk. There's a Showcase in Newham which is in London that's playing the movie at 7:30pm on Sep 30 and Oct 2 and at 2pm on Oct 3.

trunkschan90
Beyond Newbie

Post by trunkschan90 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 pm

October release for DVD of Dragon Ball Z - La Resurrección de Freezer in Mexico.
It will have Spanish, English, Japanese, and Portuguese audio.
http://www.anmtvla.com/2015/09/mexico-d ... on-de.html

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:50 am

trunkschan90 wrote:October release for DVD of Dragon Ball Z - La Resurrección de Freezer in Mexico.
What? English audio? What about subs?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 am

trunkschan90 wrote:October release for DVD of Dragon Ball Z - La Resurrección de Freezer in Mexico.
Wow. That sounds like a pretty snazzy release with all those audio options. I kinda want it now, but I'm already getting Funi's Collector's Edition and I don't need to buy too many copies of the same movie.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 am

The week is upon us UK fans! On Wednesday we finally get to see Resurrection F. It has been a long, painful wait and it feels like just about everybody else in the world has seen it and moved on, but I couldn't be more excited about it. :)

Roll on Wednesday.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:11 pm

I saw it twice in theatres when I was in Japan but didn't understand it so it'll be good to finally understand what's being said. It'll also be the first time I've seen a movie in theatres 3 times.

I do have free tickets so I don't have to pay to see it again. I'll be going on the Saturday for the 2pm showing.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

Bullza wrote:It's screening on October 2nd and 3rd as well in some locations.

Try going on here http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk. There's a Showcase in Newham which is in London that's playing the movie at 7:30pm on Sep 30 and Oct 2 and at 2pm on Oct 3.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it! :thumbup:

Might not be able to make it for October 3rd, but I found out that the movie's being played at the Glasgow Film Theater on October 10th as well, which would give me enough time to buy tickets and get ready. Exciting to finally be able to see a Dragon Ball movie on the big screen!

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 pm

The Brazilian DVD will have the same audio options but will be released a bit earlier (October 7th).

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Just got back from the showing tonight. For a showing in Teesside, I was very happy to see how full the screening was - I'd say it was probably around 75% full. Overall, the gags went down very well throughout - even the Jaco stuff, which I found refreshing. I'm willing to wager that most people there hadn't read Jaco, and his appearance could have very easily been taken as a non-sequitur shoehorning.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

So I just got back from the Cinema and I'd like to share my experience (I'm pretty terrible at writing up my thoughts on stuff so please bare with me :lol:). Firstly I nearly avoided a disaster today, my friend told me in the morning that he bought tickets to see the film at the wrong cinema so I had to quickly buy a ticket for myself at the same cinema. I was shocked at how packed the screening was! It was full to the brim with people of all ages! That brought a smile to my face as I had low hopes of anyone turning up to be honest. They were quite a great crowd to be honest, they laughed at the right parts and weren't distracting whatsoever (They booed when an advert for the Naruto fim cropped up, which I found to be quite funny).

Personally I thought the film was fantastic, some really nice choreography in the fights (Some of the close up scenes of Tenshinhan taking down Freeza's soldiers looked really great in motion); the animation was fantastic as well. Also the film was absolutely hilarious at points! Overall I thought Battle of Gods was a better film but ROF was great in its own right.

I was quite interested to see the reactions and thoughts from my friend and his girlfriend. They're not fans of the series whatsoever but shockingly they had a blast as well and really enjoyed the film. They were laughing their heads off at the comedy scenes in the film. My friend's girlfriend mentioned she really enjoyed Freeza as a character whilst my friend was blown away by the action scenes (He said it was the 3rd best film he'd seen in the cinema that year, behind Jurassic World and Terminator Genisys).

Overall I'm ecstatic I got to see DragonBall on the silver screen. It was fantastic experience and one that I will remember for a long time. I also want to say thank you to MangaUK for bringing it to UK cinemas, Also they gave me some merchandise as well! :lol:.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:44 pm

I had a great time! The film was amazing and everything I'd hoped and expected it to be. I'm on such a high right now and for someone that goes to the cinema fairly often, this is the first time I've ever witnessed a round of applause at the end of a film. Toei did an outstanding job with this one, and everybody seemed to love it. My screenings were packed out - sell out crowds. I heard nothing but positive comments on the way out about how good it was, and there was laughter throughout. Also one last thank you to Manga UK for making this happen. I know they've tried really hard to get it for us - and it is greatly appreciated. I'm giddy at the moment - like a kid at Christmas, so that's all for now - but I'll be posting more thoughts on the film later.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I just got back from Machesters Showcase screening. (luckily I made the last train with a minute to spare to get back home.) Gotta say I absolutely loved the movie, it was hilarious at times. It got a standing ovation at the very end from a packed out screen. Great night, and great movie. Me and my girlfriend also got a free Goku headphone jack. :P

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Anyone going to see it on Saturday at 2pm at Dudley?
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Okay so thoughts on the movie now! By far and way the best thing was the comedy and how it was restricted to mostly dialogue or people's actions and not gaggy, apart from Whis and poop scene. The film felt very short for it's run time, which I guess is a good thing? Goku and Vegeta banter throughout is great infact just the character interactions alone make the movie worthwhile, Goku and Vegeta as mentioned before, Freeza and Bulma, Jaco and Bulma, Beers and Whis etc etc everything felt very natural. Freeza was great in this movie, he was very funny especially with taking everything seriously whilst no one else did. The animation was top notch and the fight scene was amazing, Toei did a top job :thumbup: to them! Music was great too! And I enjoyed both "F" placements. Oh and SSGSS just looks too sick!

On the the "controversial" parts of the movie. I felt they were wayyyyy overblown. Gohan had some very nice moments, the scene were he helps Krillin in the woods and then him one shoting Shishami certainly didn't get "Toei hate Gohan" vibes from that. Piccolo and Shishami thing too, that was not as bad an people made it Piccolo wasn't even struggling Gohan just jumped in and intervened, Pics himself said he had it. Now the the infamous laser scene, honestly seeing it in context of the movie again not that bad as made out, it was fine, it was over before it began and gave excuse for Vegeta to join in. (Hearing Goku's screams was torture, you could really feel it, top job Schemmel!). And finally the time reverse and again not that bad within the context of the film, it was done because it showed Goku what giving people second chances and being "lenient" can do, and so actaully seeing Earth blow up wakes Goku up now if Vegeta did kill Freeza and the movie ended there, then Goku would have been like "I messed up sure, but Vegeta dealt with it" he'd continue on thinking someone will be there to pick the pieces up but seeing Earth actually blow up Goku is hit with reality and next time something like this or much worse might happen.

So all in all, amazing movie triple thumbs up for Toei, Toriyama and the dub cast! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:47 pm

If there's one thing that irked me about the screening I went to, it's that they dumped us in a screen with an awful, unsharp projector. Before heading to the cinema, I versed my buddy in Battle of Gods via the Blu-ray on a pretty standard full HD TV, and the picture quality was immensely superior to that which we got in the cinema for RoF.

Also, I think I ought to comment on the number of groans I heard from people about the 'new voice of Freeza sucking'. Be it the crux of change or the lull of nostalgia or whatever, people who have only heard Young's Freeza really don't seem to dig Ayres on first impression.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Blade wrote:If there's one thing that irked me about the screening I went to, it's that they dumped us in a screen with an awful, unsharp projector. Before heading to the cinema, I versed my buddy in Battle of Gods via the Blu-ray on a pretty standard full HD TV, and the picture quality was immensely superior to that which we got in the cinema for RoF.

Also, I think I ought to comment on the number of groans I heard from people about the 'new voice of Freeza sucking'. Be it the crux of change or the lull of nostalgia or whatever, people who have only heard Young's Freeza really don't seem to dig Ayres on first impression.
Where did you go to see it? Wanna make sure I avoid it.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Blade wrote:If there's one thing that irked me about the screening I went to, it's that they dumped us in a screen with an awful, unsharp projector. Before heading to the cinema, I versed my buddy in Battle of Gods via the Blu-ray on a pretty standard full HD TV, and the picture quality was immensely superior to that which we got in the cinema for RoF.

Not a single person in my screen groaned when Freeza first spoke it was like everyone was in awe! I was preparing for the worse but pleasantly surprised. My screening was cropped a bit from the top and bottom though, nothing too serious luckily, they did last minute move the screen to a bigger one so they probably had it adjusted for the other screen, going again on Friday hopefully it is not like that again.