Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blackstripe
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:50 am

I'm actually excited for this. RoF is an arc that actually needs expanding on.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:40 am

Cetra wrote:Which changes do you want to be made?
Vegeta reaches Ssjg on screen.
We get more of Vegeta&Goku's training.
We see Freeza train or being trained by Champa.
The Z fighters get to fight a main solder each alongside Freeza's 1000 men.
The fight between Goku in base and 4th form Freeza is either short or removed.
Freeza's fight with Vegeta should be 2-3 episodes long with them being evenly matched in the first 2 then Vegeta gaining the upper hand in the 3rd one.
If Freeza is to die then either have Vegeta kill him or have him die from the planet's explosion.
Whis' time rewind needs to go or he can use it once which kills him afterwords.
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 am

I would rather they quickly go through this awful arc so we can get some actual new content.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:32 am

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:I would rather they quickly go through this awful arc so we can get some actual new content.
It'll more then likely be longer then the current arc.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 am

I want more Whis wisdom. It was perfect in ROF. I like him making their minds stronger, not just their bodies.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:I would rather they quickly go through this awful arc so we can get some actual new content.
Yeah, BoG didn't need that much set up but a good chunk has gone on between "F" and BoG. So we are probably looking at 5 or so episodes of set up, then there will be probably at most 4 episodes to set up "F" inc the possibility of Freeza training, then we are probably looking at 3-5 episodes of Z fighters vs Freeza men, then 3-5 episodes of Goku vs Freeza and then finally 2-3 episodes to round off the arc. This arc could easily be 24 episodes long, which means it could be a while until see Universe 6 arc.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:23 am

sintzu wrote:
I think the RoF arc should be known as Frieza Saga II. The next arc could surpass Z 75-107 and Kai 39-54. but it'll last around 40-50 episodes.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:27 am

That would be downright terrible. It would mean basically a full year of waiting before we got into Champa and Universe 6.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 am

Well for personal wishlist:

See Freeza training.
Have Goten and Trunks show up. With Freeza showing great anger towards Trunks.
Majin Buu meeting Freeza, and Freeza's reaction.
Gohan, Goten and Trunks become Super Saiyans, and give Freeza PTSD flashbacks.
Gotenks fights Freeza at Super Saiyan 3.
Majin Buu fighting Freeza afterwards.
Have Gohan actually fight Freeza in his Ultimate/Mystic form after and actually last a while until Goku/Vegeta arrive. Maybe have him realize he has to train in order to protect his family.
Goku biting Freeza's tail again. Please.

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:00 am

Yamcha fighting.
Chaozu spamming telekenesis techniques and dodonpas against frieza soldiers.
Piccolo kicking some ass.
Turtle's school super kamehameha ( Roshi, Kuririn and Yamcha shooting a huge kamehameha together )

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:54 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I think the RoF arc should be known as Frieza Saga II. The next arc could surpass Z 75-107 and Kai 39-54. but it'll last around 40-50 episodes.
No way in hell the ROF should last that long. I'd quit watching if that were the case. Honestly, the ROF arc should be shorter than the BOG arc, consider that ROF is 80% fighting. 10 episodes should be perfect for it. With at least episode of those ten solely dedicated to Freeza training. I swear, if the leaked short summaries of future ROF episodes don't imply that we will see Freeza train, I will seriously consider not watching the rest of the arc.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm

There isn't enough material for RoF-Super to last as long as Freeza saga. :D There's no race for the dragon balls, Freeza only has one extra form, and his opponent is almost exclusively Goku.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Piccolo's rivalry with Shisami needs to be expanded on -- no, scratch that, first it needs to exist. From the trailers, I was getting the sense that Piccolo was going to have his own personal badass moment and not have it shared with or involve anybody else. Perhaps it was purposeful misdirection on Toei's part in order to enhance Gohan's badass moment, which is fine intent I suppose, except it fails because it comes as no surprise at all that Gohan can oneshot someone who rivals Piccolo. So you might as well just let Piccolo have Shisami himself, so that way at least one of them looks cool.

I enjoy neither Shisami's role as a generic Freeza army lieutenant, nor his original conception as some random alien mercenary they hired. It would have been more thematically appropriate if he came from the demon realm, perhaps he's been ruling since Dabura was killed, and eventually surpassed Dabura. This would both enhanced Freeza's character and the threat of his army (Freeza, a mere alien mortal, is so feared and powerful that he can rule over even the mythological demons) as well as Piccolo's character (the former "Demon King" reclaiming his title in battle against an actual devil)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Now That BOG arc ended and we will slowing moving into ROF, I think its the time to say my wishes.

My wishes:

- Let Yamcha shine and kick some Freeza Soldiers too. Bring Roshi to the frontlines, a guy that can't even fly, and leave Yamcha behind?! What a dick move.
- Explanation for Freeza power up. Besides he being a OP Mutant, how he did it?! I would like to see a little of his training. But if not, gives us a reason for his power up: Gravity tranining?! Time Camber?! Champa helped him?! Anything.
- Goten and trunks could appear just for comedy purporses. I would love to see Freeza reaction to these two. I would like them to be a little older too (yeah right, that will never happen in the new stuff - Toei/Toriyama).
-Vegeta vs Freeza fight should be longer. Yup, that's right. For the time, I'm asking Toei to drag something. Isn't that amazing, how ironic is that?! Honestly, The movie version couldn't be any shorter. I'm not a vegeta fanboy but I think the prince deserves more. One entire episode would be great.
- The ending. Let Vegeta get the kill, the guy deserves it. Everyone wins and the plot doesn't change, because Freeza still dies in the end. Goku killed Freeza in ROF Movie, Vegeta kills Freeza in ROF arc. Its fair for everyone.

Orrrr

- Instead of Pilaf Gang ruining the second wish, Sorbet could use it and ask for King Cold revival. And then. the final battle would be a real tag team. between the last remaining pure saiyans, Goku/Vegeta vs the last remaining of Cold race, Freeza/King Cold.

Now, that's how you greatly improve an arc. I feel like I'm writing a letter to Santa Claus.

I'm curious about some parts:

- How they will handle the part where Sorbet one shots Goku?! In Super, Goku just healed from what it seemed to be a fatal blow from Beerus, which is a God...
- How they will handle the Hell scene?! Even in Kai we had the filler Hell...Stupid Toei. Which Hell version will they choose?! And Which Freeza Form?! For anime consistency with DBZ, they should adapt that scene.
- Mystic Gohan or Super Saiyan Gohan?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: -Vegeta vs Freeza fight should be longer,One entire episode would be great.

- The ending. Let Vegeta get the kill, the guy deserves it.
Goku's fight with Beerus was 5 episodes so chances are this'll be the same so he should get 2 while Goku gets 3,1 against Freeza's 4th form and 2 against his Golden form.

That would be the best way to end it but I don't think the arc will end happily like it did in the movie,I think he'll blow up the earth but this time Whis won't have his rewind power so they'll have to go to u6 to wish earth back.

In terms of Freeza they could either have Vegeta kill him before the planet blows up or have the explosion send him flying somewhere to use him later down the road.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:21 am

This is what I would like, divided by episodes.

- Catch up episode with Kuririn and the side cast, to set up their battle with the soldiers. (1 episode)
- Training episode with Whis with some shenanigans. (1,5 episode)
- Jaco intro and backstory. (1 episode)
- Freeza's army episode, introducing the characters and struggles. (1,5 episode)
- Vegeta's path to godhood. (0,5 episode)
- Freeza's revival plus training or explanation. (2 episodes)
- Freeza arrives and initial battle waiting for Goku and Vegeta (2 episodes)
- Main fight (3 episodes for Goku, 2 for Vegeta)

So this brings it to a total of 14,5 episodes.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:16 am

I'm sure it will be 14 episodes like Battle of gods.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:07 am

I liked the movie just the way it was. So if I were to ask for anything to be added it would simply be more footage of the characters that had to be cut. Though if they really wanted to toss me a fanservice bone they could show us what Yajirobe's been up to.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:25 am

New things i want to see:

- Goku and Vegeta going to train under Whis, and more exposition (is getting covered).
- how Goku and especially Vegeta reach SSGSS.
- how and why Kuririn went to become a cop (possibly getting covered).
- at least a hint of Freeza's doings over the four months.
- more about Jaco, including Tights. even a short version of his manga would be nice.
- what Goten and Trunks were up to, and why they didn't feel Freeza's and other presences - i'm hoping they will, this time. maybe Yamcha, too. there's no reason to cut short the cast this time.
- Champa - i mean, in the manga he was after the Super Dragon Balls while Beerus was distracted on Earth. so i reckon they can't wait until RoF is over for him to show up in the anime, he needs to take his chance now, when Beerus and Whis go back to watch the fight. that would also be a smart and interesting way to fill time during the action.

i also hope Vegeta vs Freeza takes longer, like most people..but i'd rather see the same ending. Changing it would change the entire point of the fight, and potential character development for Goku and Vegeta that could come down the line.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:49 am

The upcoming episode titles give us our first change,Vegeta is the one who goes to train with Whis while Goku follows him unlike the movie which was the other way around.