V. Symbiote's Dub/LOG Music Comparison Project!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

V. Symbiote's Dub/LOG Music Comparison Project!

Post by VenomSymbiote » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 pm

What's up, guys?

As I posted in this thread, I am making simple videos that showcase the many instances in which the Legacy Of Goku games take Bruce Faulconer's music and use them. I'm not going in any particular order, but I will be organizing the videos here, so you guys will find them easily. They will be grouped by which game the tracks appeared in first. More will come as I have time to make them, so be patient. (Oh, and forgive the simplicity of the videos. It's a little difficult to make a lot of effects, and plus, the audio is what's important) If any requests for MP3's are made, I will gladly upload them. Any videos that have an MP3 availible will have a tag that says so. To download them, click the youtube link, and then read the info box for that video. The link will be present there.

The tracks will be listed in the format "Bruce Faulconer's Track Name/Legacy Of Goku Track Name." In some cases, the tracks may have the same name, so you'll just see that. The videos will have one track of Bruce's score, with no repeats, and then a track from the respective game, which loops once. I'll also mark the games that have no more tracks.

Dragonball Z The Legacy Of Goku I Done!

1). "Vegeta Powers Up"
MP3s available: GBA Version

Dragonball Z The Legacy Of Goku II

1)."Dragonball Z" and "The Legacy Of Goku II"

2). "Androids 17 & 18"

3). "Gohan Is Dead"

4). "Gohan & Icarus" & "East District 439"
MP3's available: Bruce's Version, GBA Version

5)."Vegeta - Super Saiyan"

6). "Cell and Piccolo Face Off"

7). "Trunks' Theme"

8). "A Little Help from a Friend" & "Piccolo's Theme"

9). "Frieza Powers Up" & "Trained Saiyans"

10). "#17 Drives" & "Master Roshi's Island"

11). "King Cold's Theme" & "Androids"

12)."Vegeta's Theme"

13). "Peaceful Day (Android 16's Theme)"

14). "Imperfect Cell's Theme"

15). "Super Namek" & "Super Saiyan Rage"

16). "Perfect Cell 's Theme"
MP3's available: Bruce's Version, GBA Version

17). "Hyperbolic Time Chamber" & "Ninja In The District"

18)."The Cell Games"

19)."Shenron's Theme"

Dragonball Z The Legacy Of Goku III - Buu's Fury

1)."Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3 Powerup)" & "The Legacy Of Goku III, Buu's Fury"

2)."King Kai, Snake Way" & "King Kai"

3)."The Howling" & "Battlefield Royale"

4). "Grand Kai Blues"

5). "Grand Kai Rocks!

6)."Pikkon's Theme" (Oddly enough, the theme Bruce composed for Pikkon was sampled in a song called "U Know What It Is" , by an artist named Young Jeezey. You can hear the song here. The song itself is eh, but it's nice to hear a song that happens to use dub music in some capacity)

7). "You're Fighting The Wrong Androids" & "Goku Wins!"

8). "Flight Training" & "Z-Market"

9)."Gohan vs. Frieza"

10)."Gohan Gets Angry (Gohan Angers)"

11). "Planet Namek's Destruction" & "Pilaf's Castle"

12)."Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3 Powerup) & Super Saiyan 3"

13)."Groovy Discotech" & "Hell"

14)."Evil Buu's Theme"

15)."Super Buu's Theme"

16)."Vegeta vs. Goku (Vegito's Theme)"

17)."Kid Buu's Theme"

Dragonball Z - Taiketsu

Yes, Taiketsu used some dub music as well.

1). "Super Namek" & "Namek"

2). "Gohan vs. Frieza" & "Kami's Lookout"

Feel free to comment here or on YouTube. If you want to get updates when this project is updated, here you go. That way, you can see my videos as soon as they go up. If you want to friend me personally, here's my main YouTube channel.

Now, I've decided to transform the post right below this one into a post that details what updates are made, in order to avoid double posting. Please see there to see the latest update! The latest project will be in blue colored font!
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 am, edited 44 times in total.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7qseOYD18 "#17 Drives" & "Master Roshi's Island"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Pn5JclkRQ "Flight Training" & "Z-Market"

Can you believe that on the 15th, I'll have been doing this project for a year? Because I can't XD

Anyway, here's this month's update. Time to play SoulSilver! ~Yay~
- March 13, 2009
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Man, Android 16's theme is nice. I hadn't realized that the Legacy of Goku's music was so close to Faulconer's tracks. I really do love some of their music. Even the original score doesn't feel right in the later episodes to me. Just because of how much the Funimation tracks have defined later Z to me.

It's weird too because I can't stand listening to Faulconer's BGM in the first three seasons of DBZ. But everything after that, I would pick nothing else. Except when I watch it in Japanese, I don't have a choice then, but I still think I would pick the original score for that anyway. It would be interesting to watch it in Japanese with the Faulconer BGM.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Man, Android 16's theme is nice. I hadn't realized that the Legacy of Goku's music was so close to Faulconer's tracks. I really do love some of their music. Even the original score doesn't feel right in the later episodes to me. Just because of how much the Funimation tracks have defined later Z to me.

It's weird too because I can't stand listening to Faulconer's BGM in the first three seasons of DBZ. But everything after that, I would pick nothing else. Except when I watch it in Japanese, I don't have a choice then, but I still think I would pick the original score for that anyway. It would be interesting to watch it in Japanese with the Faulconer BGM.
I'm not sure about how his music sounds in the first 3 seasons, but I agree with you too, that the rest of DBZ, especially Cell, I can't really watch it with the Japanese music. His score defines that part of the series for me. I've also wondered what it would be like to watch the Japanese dub with Bruce's score. I think it might be fun for me at least.

Chrome
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Chrome » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Regardless of what I think of the Japanese music and the rest of the American music, taking that as a stand-alone piece, it's a lovely composition.

Prefer the original version simply because the instruments are more authentic-sounding. It's a little unfair on the GBA version, but that's pretty mcuh it.
In a nutshell: Likes the sub and the dub and barely ever posts.
You'll probably find me [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/chromegloss55]here[/url] more often...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

VenomSymbiote wrote: I've also wondered what it would be like to watch the Japanese dub with Bruce's score. I think it might be fun for me at least.
Leave that to Kei17!. Quick video, but neat nonetheless.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 pm

bkev wrote:
VenomSymbiote wrote: I've also wondered what it would be like to watch the Japanese dub with Bruce's score. I think it might be fun for me at least.
That was arranged expertly. So many different peices were fit in. It sounds really authentic. What a cool video. 5/5'd and Fav'd.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:04 pm

bkev wrote:
Wow! That was such a cool video. I think it would be great if I could watch it like that.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Alright. Due to issues with double posting, I've decided that in order to give the illusion that this thread has posts, I will delete the last post I made, and make a new post that details the update I made. I've also made some changes to the layout of the thread, so please read the 1st and 2nd posts. And now...

Video #007 is up. Trunks' Theme is awesome. (I do find it hard to believe it's been a whole week without updates. Hopefully, more time will free up soon)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 am

Vegetto's theme is the best theme, but Trunks' is neat too.

I noticed the Legacy games were using versions of the dub's tracks when I recognized Vegeta's Theme, but I usually played with the sound off, so I haven't heard much of these.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 am

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto's theme is the best theme, but Trunks' is neat too.

I noticed the Legacy games were using versions of the dub's tracks when I recognized Vegeta's Theme, but I usually played with the sound off, so I haven't heard much of these.
Now, why would you play with the sound off? (Probably because the whole "Move Dinosaur eggs" thing took too long)

Vegeta's Theme is on my list of songs to get to. However, oddly enough, that was also the song that tipped me off.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 am

I love the themes from Legacy Of Goku 2 & 3))))
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 am

Is there any possibility to get Buu's Fury ripped up soundtrack? Something like Dragon Ball Z - GB Games Collection Volume 2 Music
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 am

Interesting comparisons. I don't love this music but it's cool to see the original dub score compared to its videogame counterpart.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Hooray! Comments in the thread!

That also means I won't have to go through all the the complicated things I was going to do to avoid double posting! So, please, post at least once between updates. That way, I'm happy, and when I'm happy, I make more videos, and when I make more videos, I make you guys happy. :D So....

Aww, that's right! Surprise! Video #008 is up. VEGETA POWERS UP! And with that, the LOG I Comparison section is done.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:27 pm

VenomSymbiote wrote:Aww, that's right! Surprise! Video #008 is up. VEGETA POWERS UP! And with that, the LOG I Comparison section is done.
Actually you missed one. Though it's not exact, the very first track in the game has parts in it based off Faulconer's intro. The most obvious part is at 0:42, which plays right after the opening animation is done playing. Also, the reason so little of Faulconer's music is used is because the game was made in 2002, years before FUNimation went back and made the Ultimate Uncut dub of the first two seasons. FUNi didn't use Faulconer for the Ultimate Uncut dub either though. The game was based for the most part on the old edited Ocean dub.
­

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:55 pm

I did notice that, but there wasn't enough to do a comparison video. Granted, I am doing a video to compare the opening of LOG II and the DBZ theme, but then, the resemblence is much more noticable, and longer too.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Ah! Finally, the next video is up, folks! Paikuhan's Theme is this update's song. Not only that, but I can't believe I've made 10 videos now. Let's track onwards to 20!

Also, somewhat along the lines of those songs that are rip-offs of some DBZ songs, Pikkon's Theme is a participant in this. Check out the my description of the Pikkon vid at the top for more info.

Enjoy!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Didn't you say Super Buu? When are you doing Super Buu?

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Didn't you say Super Buu? When are you doing Super Buu?
Yeah, I kinda sorta of forgot to do his. Hehe. Don't worry though. His will defintely be the next video.