"Characters Guide" -- Let's Get Kickin'

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Characters Guide" -- Let's Get Kickin'

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:56 pm

http://www.daizex.com/guides/characters/

It's been a while since I did any work on it, and I'm sure it's been a while since anyone took a look at it. With that said, let's take a fresh look and get back to work!

There's been a nice influx of new people, so I could use some fresh read-throughs and such. I'd like folks to give all of the listings, thus far, a new read-through for inaccurasies and typos. I know Appule needs work; we all discovered a few inconsistencies over in this thread...

But I keep confusing myself reading through it. So if anyone can make sense of what we all said and what needs to be done with regards to his bio, post it over in this thread (don't necropost over in there).

Raditz, Nappa, Kuriza, and Kewi should all be fine (unless you find any typos). It's mostly Appule that I need huge help in figuring out, and Trunks needing a general re-reading.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help!
Last edited by VegettoEX on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:16 am

All I can say is...

FINALLY!

BTW. I already pointed it out somewhere - Daizenshuu DID list one special attack for Raditz, a "Double Kikoha", and Nappa had some "Ultimate Attack" or whatever. And you could list the attacks from games, just for the heck of it.

Also, a neat thing would be a list of appearances of the character when he was absent from the main story. They could be filler (Ginyu Force on Namek, flashbacks with Raditz) or not (the final Genki Dama sequence).
It's party time, Ginyu style!

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:45 am

Nappa's Ocean Group voice is Micheal Dobson, not Scott McNeill
Where's the beef?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:08 pm

How could Trunks be 17 when he arrived to give Goku the cure to the heart virus? In "Trunks the Story: The Lone Warrior," Bulma says Trunks will be going back 17 years into the past on the second-to-last page.
When he talks to Goku, he says he will be born in two and a half years (if I remember correctly)
So wouldn't he be about 14 and a half?

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:20 pm

El_Diablo wrote:Nappa's Ocean Group voice is Micheal Dobson, not Scott McNeill
Don't think so, it was practically the same voice Scott used for General Septum in the dub of Gundam Wing.

-Corey

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:32 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:How could Trunks be 17 when he arrived to give Goku the cure to the heart virus? In "Trunks the Story: The Lone Warrior," Bulma says Trunks will be going back 17 years into the past on the second-to-last page.
When he talks to Goku, he says he will be born in two and a half years (if I remember correctly)

He also tells the Z Senshi that he's 17. Maybe you're remembering wrong?

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 pm

Nice and informational guides, me likes. =D But there is one thing though.
Nappa rushes in to attack the remaining fighters, but Vegeta yell for Nappa to cease his attack.
Is my non-native-english-ness getting to me, or should that be that Vegeta yells for Nappa? Do excuse me if I'm wrong. >.>;;

Not that I'm holding it against you either if I'm right. XD Mistake is only human.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:54 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Nice and informational guides, me likes. =D But there is one thing though.
Nappa rushes in to attack the remaining fighters, but Vegeta yell for Nappa to cease his attack.
Is my non-native-english-ness getting to me, or should that be that Vegeta yells for Nappa? Do excuse me if I'm wrong. >.>;;

Not that I'm holding it against you either if I'm right. XD Mistake is only human.
No, that'd be the infamous 'Vejita-yell' attack that he uses. It's also known as the 'psycho-scream' from the Drummond-era dub, and 'the sound of something dying' from the Sabat-era dub ;p

-Corey

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:19 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
El_Diablo wrote:Nappa's Ocean Group voice is Micheal Dobson, not Scott McNeill
Don't think so, it was practically the same voice Scott used for General Septum in the dub of Gundam Wing.

-Corey
The (dead) website ukdb.net had a few interviews with Ocean voice actors. Here's Micheal Dobson's one:

http://web.archive.org/web/200304170226 ... view.shtml
Where's the beef?

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:48 pm

El_Diablo wrote: The (dead) website ukdb.net had a few interviews with Ocean voice actors. Here's Micheal Dobson's one:

http://web.archive.org/web/200304170226 ... view.shtml
Ah, my bad. I had always thought Scott did those two roles, but apparently he didn't do Nappa or General Septum *shrug*

-Corey

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:42 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:How could Trunks be 17 when he arrived to give Goku the cure to the heart virus? In "Trunks the Story: The Lone Warrior," Bulma says Trunks will be going back 17 years into the past on the second-to-last page.
In the special Trunks is 14 when we first see him, 17 when he goes back the first time to warn Goku about the Androids, and 20 when he goes back again to help them out in the series.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:41 pm

B-kun wrote:

He also tells the Z Senshi that he's 17. Maybe you're remembering wrong?
Oh, right, I forgot that.
Then, would that be a plothole?
If he went back 17 years, and where he went back (17 years in the past,) he says he'll be born in two and a half years, that would make him 14 and a half. That's either Toriyama messing up on his math, or me messing up on my math...

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:19 pm

Xyex wrote:
In the special Trunks is 14 when we first see him, 17 when he goes back the first time to warn Goku about the Androids, and 20 when he goes back again to help them out in the series.
No, he was still 17 when he comes back again in the androids saga. He chose to come back 3 years after when he arrived originally to give Goku the heart medicine, but it was never stated how long he stayed in his own time before going back again. Since he looks the same though, it probably wasn't for very long.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:01 pm

I suggest, perhaps in the future, not only having mini-screencaps of each attack listed, but also literally translating foreign language attack names, and noting if they have a dub name.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:34 am

Duncan: Dragonball Z is a child's cartoon with a fairly rough exterior, how difficult is it trying to give a performance that doesn't sound ridiculously cartoony for an otherwise ridiculously cartoony show?
Why does everyone see DBZ as a kids cartoon? I stopped reading right after this (although it was also because I noticed that my attention span wouldn't hold out with that much text :P )
Who said life isn't a game?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:47 am

Because it is.

IN JAPAN. With U.S. standards, uncut DBZ is seen as at least a teen show.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:57 am

Indeed. The show was aimed for the same age range in Japan as it was here in the states. The difference being, the states have soccer moms with pitch forks and Japan has intelligence. :?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Thu May 26, 2005 8:21 pm

A quick piece of trivia: Radditz DOES return in GT. Look in the upper-left corner.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Thu May 26, 2005 8:25 pm

That's too small to be able to tell what it is. What episode is that scene in?

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Thu May 26, 2005 8:51 pm

But, you can tell by the long hair