"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 am

The weird feel I get from those designs, is that they are grown up from their basic forms but with childlike faces...
Sure, Beat would otherwise look a lot like SSJ4 Goku, but it is kind of uncanny.

I get the idea taken from GT, that Goku grew up when transforming, but why not leave them being SSJ4 as kids?
They already have other forms in childlike appearances, so I don't see any issue why.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:39 am

A bunch of scans from the guide book:
https://twitter.com/fugari426/status/15 ... 2S3l1jRNwg

Some of the unused designs are pretty cool, but then we have this:

I REALLY hope they bring back those in some form. One of my biggest issues with SS4 has always been the random colours, so a golden one would be great. I also absolutely love the more beast-like designs as they genuinely look, well, more bestial -trough I understand why they didn't use those as they may be too extreme for most fans, it would be probably better to settle on a middle ground- The naked feet are kind of funny, never really thought about how they would look.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:42 am

If you are interested in the 12th anniversary guide book, please consider actually purchasing it for yourself. These are usually available for a while, but do ultimately go out of print. It's up for purchase on Amazon Japan.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:58 pm

At first I thought these are unused designs for SS4, but seems like I was wrong, these are unused designs for SS4 Limit Breaker. That's really cool, it would be really nice to see a more radical change in the transformation instead of just make it brighter or something.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm

Gold and Monkey could easily be used for Elite and Berserker avatars

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 pm

Do they explain why they went with the design we have? The Golden SS4 is a winner for sure! Though my guess would be that they tried to go for a hypothetical SS4/God Ki mix without actually mixing them together (just yet, I'm sure its coming at some point). So with that we have current LB4 which is just shiny red fur and hair and now shoulder spikes for the avatars.

The more monstrous looking form is interesting as well but with that design they run the risk of having the heroes look "Too evil", which makes sense, I mean imagine SS4 Gogeta with all red eyes, pointy ears, sharp teeth and monkey feet.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:18 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:09 am SSJ4 confirmed for Saiyan avatars
Didn't like much these designs, but at least their Limit Breaker ones are good.
SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:58 pm
At first I thought these are unused designs for SS4, but seems like I was wrong, these are unused designs for SS4 Limit Breaker. That's really cool, it would be really nice to see a more radical change in the transformation instead of just make it brighter or something.
Like the mate said above I don't get why they didn't use the Golden one, probably because is too much of a change for a not core series? Because it's like the fan leaked SSJ God in BoG (movie)? I don't know, but I would prefer this one better.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:06 pm

Apparently Omega Shenron Xeno is coming back for UGM6. Unless they change his Makyouka form's design somehow, it's honestly not that exciting. Like, the first thing Dark King Demigra does is...bring back an ally he already had access to before?

I'm not saying he should start giving Demon God powers to anyone on sight but I do think the Dark King power could be used in a more interesting way or with characters that can give more play.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:19 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:06 pmLike, the first thing Dark King Demigra does is...bring back an ally he already had access to before?
Well, that Omega wasn't defeated in the first place. That scene always felt amibgious, as if he was summoned elsewhere (in the anime version, not sure how it was in the game or manga)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:34 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:19 am
MisteryOne wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:06 pmLike, the first thing Dark King Demigra does is...bring back an ally he already had access to before?
Well, that Omega wasn't defeated in the first place. That scene always felt amibgious, as if he was summoned elsewhere (in the anime version, not sure how it was in the game or manga)
You are mixing up the Majin Omega Shenron that Goku Black summoned with the Xeno version, which is the one is returning -the black colored one that aided Demigra back in UM alongside the other Shadow Dragons- and that was defeated by SS3 Gohanks Xeno.

For the record, the Majin one was indeed defeated in the manga by Cumber, can't remember if that was the case in the arcade however.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:27 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:34 am
You are mixing up the Majin Omega Shenron that Goku Black summoned with the Xeno version, which is the one is returning -the black colored one that aided Demigra back in UM alongside the other Shadow Dragons- and that was defeated by SS3 Gohanks Xeno.

For the record, the Majin one was indeed defeated in the manga by Cumber, can't remember if that was the case in the arcade however.
Ohhh! Thanks for explaining it. Now I remember there was a different Omega, with red hair and all. Heroes sure has a lot of versions for a singular character :lol:

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:25 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:27 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:34 am

Ohhh! Thanks for explaining it. Now I remember there was a different Omega, with red hair and all. Heroes sure has a lot of versions for a singular character :lol:
No need to, it's indeed hard to keep track of so many versions of everyone lol It's one of the reasons I'm glad the Evil Saiyan Turles is -so far- still around, most of the time the non-original villains just show up in different variations as one-offs

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:17 am

UGM6 preview, while it focuses more on the Dokkan campaign we got our first look at DK Demigra and Robelu in Yamamuro's style.

Demigra does look like a massive downgrade from the concept art but it's probably just the weird angle, and Robelu looks great. Kind of amusing how with each transformation she has gotte more "demon-like" stuff, first a tail and now horns. I do have to wonder if them showing up here means Demigra won't be one of the SECs tho

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:22 am

I feel like Demigra will still get one or two more forms. It's Heroes after all. Though I like his current one anyway.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:11 pm

yeah I liked Demigra's previous design more

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 pm

The Heroes manga revealed all the teams in Aeos Tournament.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:46 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 pm The Heroes manga revealed all the teams in Aeos Tournament.
I love how they just put silhouettes for the teams where it's hard to come up for additional members :lol:
Like who else would Ginyu Force have, random Appules? Same with Bojack's or Lord Slug's gang.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 pm The Heroes manga revealed all the teams in Aeos Tournament.

Goddammit why now I spent ages making a tracking thing haha
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

Good to know I got everything right and that buu was an invader not on babidis team. Would it have killed them to make more konatians and 2 herans and put freeza goons or babidi goons on the other slots.

It doesn't matter Hearts team murdered everyone except Sorbet who surrendered.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:48 pm

I like the artwork there it feels different from the stuff we usually get.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:11 am

Hello everyone, Important request here. Recently, there has been this scan going around
https://imgur.com/a/ZRlyLcv
I am very certain this is fake, and would just like confirmation that it is. When I or others ask for proof, they claim it's from a guide and website called "Dragon Ball legendary encylopedia" or "ドラゴンボール超伝説大百科". And that this supposed website/guide is only accessible if you are in Japan as it is region locked. I would just like to confrim here (if anyone is in Japan right now) or someone knowledgeable that this scan is fake (or in what I would think is least likely, that this is real.)

Thanks for the help in advance.