"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:13 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:44 pm Vegito and Gogeta are so overused.
Meanwhile their Z versions only appeared once to this day...
I miss Super Vegetto and Movie 12 Gogeta.

It's SDBH, I don't know why they can't fuse into orange-vest Gogeta anymore, besides marketability.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:13 pm
Kazuya Mishima wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:44 pm Vegito and Gogeta are so overused.
Meanwhile their Z versions only appeared once to this day...
I miss Super Vegetto and Movie 12 Gogeta.

It's SDBH, I don't know why they can't fuse into orange-vest Gogeta anymore, besides marketability.
Even for SDBH standards, the Janemba movie and DBS Broly/RoF contradict each other *way* too much, they can't exist in the same continuity. And since they keep pretending that the "CC" versions of Goku and Vegeta are the main ones from Super (despite it not being possible for years by now, since the Moro arc started), their Gogeta has to be the yellow vest one. That's why they keep giving him letters like UM or BM to differenciate him from Z Gogeta.

That being said, I don't see what you can even miss from Super Vegetto in all honestly. The character acts the same and has even been given his Z outfit even when it didn't make sense at all (not the first time the franchise has done it, but still...) Like I can understand Gogeta to a degree, but current Vegetto is literally Super Vegetto, just with another hair colour.
TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:26 am
I get the feeling but in universe there is no reason they wouldn't use them agains't such overwhelming foes.
If they were strong enough without it they'd be no threat/tension.

The fusion cat is out the fusion bag.
This. In-universe the Potara are specially easy to abuse, since you can't mess up the fusion like with the dance. Last mission we even saw the Xenos fusing into Xeno Gogeta right after their previous fusion finished, and vanilla Gogeta fusing twice in a row like, as soon as they could (against Crimson and then Fuu)

Sure, it isn't exciting anymore specially when Heroes insists on using them on a yearly basis, but honestly I find their use of Ultra Instinct even more boring by now. They really *need* to spice things up imho, either with new fusions or forms. Vegeta's evil form was a step in the right direction that they almost seem to regret, seeing how it's ignored for no reason.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:26 pm

Since XV2 gave CACs Beast, what are the chances of the Heroes avatars getting Beast as well?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:18 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:26 pm Since XV2 gave CACs Beast, what are the chances of the Heroes avatars getting Beast as well?
Well, the Heroes avatars never got Blue Evolved so I guess it is a possibility but not a given. They still have to get silver haired UI as well, assuming they eventually will.

Personally I think it would be cool if they got a new upgrade that mixed Beast for Saiyans with Orange for Namekians and maybe something else for the Frieza race -I doubt they would give them a Black form before that is animated but they did get God before Vegeta iirc-

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:36 am

MisteryOne wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 pm I don't see what you can even miss from Super Vegetto in all honestly.
Him winning his fights. So far every DBS/SDBH appearance of Vegetto is losing or getting assisted by Future Trunks (recycling the Zamasu arc's ending in the process)

Vegetto's smug energy is long gone now and it hurts.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:45 am

If the miracle-key was always fusion then the story would go nowhere and the tension would never increase... it's about time we see the main fusions "struggling" a bit so they will have to find other methods.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:36 am
MisteryOne wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 pm I don't see what you can even miss from Super Vegetto in all honestly.
Him winning his fights. So far every DBS/SDBH appearance of Vegetto is losing or getting assisted by Future Trunks (recycling the Zamasu arc's ending in the process)

Vegetto's smug energy is long gone now and it hurts.
Fair enough. It is indeed a big contrast when compared to Gogeta defeating Hearts and specially Crimson. Honestly I would blame the anime version of Super making him struggle against Zamasu in the first place, but I don't feel like beating that dead horse.

Still, I don't think Vegetto was that mistreated in his last appareance against Dark King Fu. Sure, it wasn't a slaugher like in Z, but it wasn't as bad as his battle with Cumber in the anime (still don't understand what they were thinking there)

Since we still have a long way to go until UGM12 I don't think this time it will be much different at all tbh. He shouldn't defuse earlier than Xeno Gogeta but he won't get the work done sadly.
Scientist Fu wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:45 am If the miracle-key was always fusion then the story would go nowhere and the tension would never increase... it's about time we see the main fusions "struggling" a bit so they will have to find other methods.
I mean, it's clearly too early for Demigra to lose yet, so we already know fusions won't do it this time around just like with Fuu. Trough I guess they could always throw us a curveball and do a double Goku fusion, but I doubt it. Still, they are writing themselves into a corner if you ask me. The Xenos have nothing beyond fusing and Goku using UI again would feel repetitive, so what is left?

I liked the ironic twist of how Goku defeated Fuu, but I don't think it would work if they just do it again with Demigra. They must have something planned, whatever it is. They are already experimenting with this arc being way longer than any previous one so who knows.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:01 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 am They must have something planned, whatever it is. They are already experimenting with this arc being way longer than any previous one so who knows.
Isn't Bardock still out there? Maybe a Goku+Bardock fusion however it would work :lol:

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:26 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:01 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 am They must have something planned, whatever it is. They are already experimenting with this arc being way longer than any previous one so who knows.
Isn't Bardock still out there? Maybe a Goku+Bardock fusion however it would work :lol:
You know...it may not be that crazy. Bardock is the only Warrior in Black who has not been seen fighting back against Demigra's summons. And his current clothes look very similar to Goku's. A fusion between them should be easy to design as well :lol:

(Unless they do what Fusions did, but I never understood why their fusion would have different hair)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 am

(Double post cause I can't edit the previous one)

Soo Demigra's new form...not sure how I feel about. It makes sense he would look even more like Mechikabura and it does incorporate some nice details from him (the bony hands, horn-like crown and eyes) mixed with Demigra's previous ones (hair and black particle-like texture of the arms) but, while it does cooler, as a standalone design it's kind of a mess. He also looked waaay too muscular in the episode but that may not have been intended.

I seriously hope Vegetto gets something new and it's not just Blue again...

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:33 pm

If Vegetto gets a new form, it'll probably either be SSBKaioken x20, SSBEvolution or Controlled Berserk. Maybe even a combo transformation if we're lucky, SSBE Gogeta's aura looked kinda Ultra Instinct-ish.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:24 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 am (Double post cause I can't edit the previous one)
I kinda like this design it really fits the character.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:34 am

Are we gonna learn of Vegetto's new form this set or do we have to wait for the next one?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:40 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:34 am Are we gonna learn of Vegetto's new form this set or do we have to wait for the next one?
He's still plain Blue in this set's SEC, so we will have to wait for the next one if anything.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:47 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:40 pm
Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:34 am Are we gonna learn of Vegetto's new form this set or do we have to wait for the next one?
He's still plain Blue in this set's SEC, so we will have to wait for the next one if anything.
Oh I see, thanks.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri May 05, 2023 4:50 pm

I know I'm pestering this thread a lot, but something has been on my mind for a long while and this is the only real place I see people discuss SDBH beyond the anime so...

I'm sure I wasn't the only one not fond of the name Ultra God Mission, but once you compare it to the previous God Mission, it makes perfect sense. God Mission was the last one before Heroes rebranded and relaunched as Super Dragon Ball Heroes, and similarly there is a lot of stuff pointing out at Ultra God Mission being the last one before a new name change. In hindsight we should have figured out Demigra would be the true main antagonist, as he was also so in the original God Mission.

I thought that maybe there would be more references story-wise but my knowledge of pre-SDBH is fairly limited (I only know the basic stuff from the trailers- Xeno Goku and Black Masked Saiyan are introduced and Demigra gets his Makyouka form) so I was wondering if someone else knows about it?
Xeogran wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:47 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:40 pm
Oh I see, thanks.
No problem. I wonder how they will handle things. If Vegetto gets a new form in UGM9, I can see him and Gogeta fight together against Demigra in UGM10...but then what? Another Fusion of Ki? Bardock finally does something? It's so weird how the villain has already transformed despite the presumed ending being still far away in UGM12. Then again this arc is already an outliner in how long it is, so who knows

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri May 05, 2023 8:53 pm

If I remember correctly, God Mission was the first time Heroes had a serialized story. Before then it was just arcade-y retellings of the franchise with some what-ifs added in.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 22, 2023 3:46 am

I wonder if they would let Gogeta and Vegetto fuse. It seems like an "way out there" idea but I wouldn't put it past Heroes.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 am

Jord wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:46 am I wonder if they would let Gogeta and Vegetto fuse. It seems like an "way out there" idea but I wouldn't put it past Heroes.
I don't think we saw that fusion even in DB Fusions, but speaking of which it would be cool to see their 5-way Ultimate fusions making their way here, especially with how busted all the characters in Heroes already are.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 22, 2023 1:04 pm

Jord wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:46 am I wonder if they would let Gogeta and Vegetto fuse. It seems like an "way out there" idea but I wouldn't put it past Heroes.
Gogeta doesn't have long left, like 10 mins to finish off Broly, perhaps less if he uses a lot of power.

I don't see it happening this time, but it's possible they very quickly defuse and make Vegito and we get a double Vegito.

Personally I think that'd be too broken, another fusion multiplier with SS4 and Blue would be too much.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.