The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:07 pm

Chilled vs. Gas

Rules:

This was Gas during his fight with Nappa
No outside help

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:38 am

Wait, when did Gas fight against Nappa?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 pm

I assume they meant Gas vs Bardock.

In that case, Chilled required a SS to go down. Bardock at best was 20k (a 2x zenkai seems ok) making his SS around 1M. According to Toyo, pre-wish Gas was above the Ginyu and below Abo and Kado. I don't think even pre-wish Gas could take on Chilled.

Or maybe I misunderstood this completely.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:00 pm

nineko wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:38 am Wait, when did Gas fight against Nappa?
I meant Bardock. I didn't know why I wrote Nappa down lol
She/Her

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Pre-wish Gas, Elecc, Oil and Maki fuse together becoming, IDK, Petrol. They were all between 100k-500k or so, with Gas perhaps around 1M. Type of fusion: which ever works better. No time limit.

Who's the strongest Z character Petrol could take?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:03 pm Pre-wish Gas, Elecc, Oil and Maki fuse together becoming, IDK, Petrol. They were all between 100k-500k or so, with Gas perhaps around 1M. Type of fusion: which ever works better. No time limit.

That's a lot of power. Assuming fusion works as multiplication, then probably some of the weaker Super Buu forms.

Assuming it's a barely negligible boost like in DBS, then imperfect Cell.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:35 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:03 pm Pre-wish Gas, Elecc, Oil and Maki fuse together becoming, IDK, Petrol. They were all between 100k-500k or so, with Gas perhaps around 1M. Type of fusion: which ever works better. No time limit.

Assuming the order of the factors does not alter the product…

I don’t think they’d be that absurdly strong tbh. Fusion is many times stronger while Potara is tens of times stronger… First the 4 fuse into 2 guys who’ll be in the low millions, but even a Potara fusion would only be in the 10s of millions.

When these 2 fuse into a single guy, I’d put him at around 200 million at most, which is where those early Cell Saga SSJs fall at. They’d probably beat Debut Trunks and maybe Yardrat Goku, but anyone stronger like 19/20 post absorptions would eat them up.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:07 pm Chilled vs. Gas

Rules:

This was Gas during his fight with Nappa
No outside help

Who wins?
Gas straight up lost to Bardock… Chilled would murder him. Pre wish Gas would be a better fight, which Gas would win quite easily.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm

How strong would Cell be if he only had the DNA of Goku, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Krillin, and Yamcha? This is in a timeline where Raditz never came to Earth, and Goku never knew that he was a Saiyan?
She/Her

PJ The Grey

Post by PJ The Grey » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm How strong would Cell be if he only had the DNA of Goku, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Krillin, and Yamcha? This is in a timeline where Raditz never came to Earth, and Goku never knew that he was a Saiyan?
I think Cell would then be around the strength between Raditz and Nappa in his first form. The saiyan saga introduced about 70% of the powercreep we see come to fruition in the cell arc, so Cell is INSANELY nerfed here

Assuming 17 and 18 are at a comparable proportional strength to Cell like in Canon, then his semi perfect form would be just below saiyan arc Vegeta imo, and then his perfect form would be above Recoome but below Ginyu. His "Super Perfect" zenkai boost would be at around 200k if I had to guess.

The Z fighters would be in WAY over their head of course, but then once they die they'd have afterlife training, and if Goku achieves Super Saiyan, they could still take Cell down.

If Dr Gero had bugs flying around the tournament of power somehow, and copied the abilities of:

Hit
Jiren
Majikayo (I think that was his name? The blue guy)
Toppo
Dyspo

In addition to the data the original Cell had, but also with flaws (meaning he's not at strong as every fighter initially and needs to absorb 17 and 18) how would these fights go?

Imperfect Cell vs Ultimate Gohan
Semi Perfect Cell vs UI Omen Goku (granolah arc)
Perfect Cell vs MUI Goku and Ultra Ego Vegeta
Super Perfect Cell vs Black Frieza

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Are versus battles with OCs in them allowed in this thread?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:39 pm Are versus battles with OCs in them allowed in this thread?
Probably not because fan fiction is not official stuff. It makes powersclaing super confusing.
She/Her

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:39 pm Are versus battles with OCs in them allowed in this thread?
Probably not because fan fiction is not official stuff. It makes powersclaing super confusing.
Fair enough...what if I provided a list of their feats and the appropriate scaling for them in order to make it easier (example: [insert name here] did [insert feats here], and is equal to/slightly stronger than/around equal to/slightly weaker than [insert user of a transformation, a character or a fusion here])

PJ The Grey

Post by PJ The Grey » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:02 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm
Idk if others will respond to them but it's worth a try and I'll answer any I can

Mecha Frieza (100%) and King Cold vs Gero and 19

If kid Gohan and Krillin fused around when 19 and 20 showed up, could they beat Android 16? If so, what about Semi Perfect Cell? Or Super Vegeta?

Fair enough...what if I provided a list of their feats and the appropriate scaling for them in order to make it easier (example: [insert name here] did [insert feats here], and is equal to/slightly stronger than/around equal to/slightly weaker than [insert user of a transformation, a character or a fusion here])

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 pm

You may have made a mistake with your quote there...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:40 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 pm According to Toyo, pre-wish Gas was above the Ginyu and below Abo and Kado. I don't think even pre-wish Gas could take on Chilled.

Or maybe I misunderstood this completely.
Actually, Toyotaro implied Granolah and Gas, before their wish was granted by the Cerealian dragon balls, were stronger than Ginyu Force soldiers and on par with Freeza’s strongest soldiers (Abo and Cado).

If Abo and Cado are supposed to rival Namek Freeza level and Chilled is sort of a Freeza clan member, then maybe Pre-wish Gas could take on Chilled.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:42 pm

New matches:

- Gohan Beast or Orange Piccolo vs. FP Broly
- Gohan Beast or Orange Piccolo vs. MUI Goku
- Gohan Beast or Orange Piccolo vs. MUE Vegeta
- Gohan Beast & Orange Piccolo vs. SSJB Gogeta
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:42 pm New matches:

I personally have Beast Gohan in the same vicinity of SSGSS Gogeta and Orange Piccolo on par with SS Gogeta. Ultra Instinct Goku and Ultra Ego Vegeta are probably around the same level of LSS Broly and SSGSS Gogeta, until further notice. So…

1. Gohan wins, Piccolo loses.
2. Goku wins both.
3. Vegeta wins both.
4. Gogeta wins both.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:15 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm How strong would Cell be if he only had the DNA of Goku, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Krillin, and Yamcha? This is in a timeline where Raditz never came to Earth, and Goku never knew that he was a Saiyan?
I don’t think he would be that much weaker. 17 and 18 were stronger than 100% Freeza when the strongest guy Gero saw was Oozaru Vegeta…

Tracing things back to BoZ will make the Androids (and thus Cell) some 100x weaker or more, but not a thousand times. Imperfect Cell would be in the low millions, and so would Semi Cell. I imagine Perfect Cell would peak on 100% Freeza’s level.
PJ The Grey wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:09 pm If Dr Gero had bugs flying around the tournament of power somehow, and copied the abilities of:

Hit
Jiren
Majikayo (I think that was his name? The blue guy)
Toppo
Dyspo

In addition to the data the original Cell had, but also with flaws (meaning he's not at strong as every fighter initially and needs to absorb 17 and 18) how would these fights go?

Imperfect Cell vs Ultimate Gohan
Semi Perfect Cell vs UI Omen Goku (granolah arc)
Perfect Cell vs MUI Goku and Ultra Ego Vegeta
Super Perfect Cell vs Black Frieza
I think Cell would smash Gohan tbh. Even without 17 and 18, Cell was still stronger than the folks he’d collected DNA from (strongest of them being Freeza).

With all the abilities he’s got, I can easily see Cell beating everyone here. Maybe not Granolah Saga Omen Goku, and a Goku/Vegeta combo can give him trouble, but he’s got an absurd amount of techniques here.
PJ The Grey wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:02 pm Mecha Frieza (100%) and King Cold vs Gero and 19

If kid Gohan and Krillin fused around when 19 and 20 showed up, could they beat Android 16? If so, what about Semi Perfect Cell? Or Super Vegeta?
The Androids slaughter. It’s said in guidebooks the Androids are stronger than Freeza, plus they got their absorptions.

Gohan and Kuririn are over 50x weaker than SSJs at this point. Fusion being some many times stronger, maybe tens of times stronger, isn’t enough to close this gap. They’d be lucky to beat 50% Freeza, let alone 16.

Gohan can beat Broly, but Piccolo can’t. He’s as strong as Goku and Vegeta who are still weaker than Broly.

Gohan one shots. Piccolo goes toe to toe with Goku, but if he plays it smart he can outlast Goku. He still can’t use MUI for long and that’s why he came up with TUI.

Gohan again one shots, Piccolo again goes toe to toe with Vegeta. Vegeta would probably win here since he doesn’t need to take a lot of damage to surpass Piccolo.

I think the duo wins. Gohan might even win alone.
Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:22 pm 4. Gogeta wins both.
It’s Gohan & Piccolo, together. Not Gohan or Piccolo.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Mr Perfect Cell

Post by Mr Perfect Cell » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:28 pm

Gohan and Piccolo slam (if it's the broly movie version) if not Piccolo gets slamed and Gohan wins high diff
Gohan slams Piccolo high diffs
Gohan slams Piccolo high diffs
Gohan and Piccolo slam

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:57 pm

Following only the movie-verse, Gohan destroys all of them and Piccolo falls short of the big hitters, so I'll try and blend movie and manga together.

1) Gohan beats Broly, current and 2018 Broly, but Piccolo loses to every green haired Broly version.

2) Piccolo loses, while he can sure take a beating, UI hits where it hurts, like Granola, while Cell Max's blows were probably as accurate as mine in terms of hitting vital points. Gohan should beat even TUI, I think he'll be only below Black Freeza, if at all.

3) Piccolo cannot beat Vegeta, whatever he can do to Geets will come back to bite him on the greener part of his ass due to UE. Gohan should do what Gas did to Vegeta only sooner, or perhaps he can even do what Freeza did, or close enough.

4) Gohan should destroy movie Gogeta but I doubt a current blue fusion is beneath him. Orange Piccolo I don't see beating anybody stronger than SS Broly/SS Gogeta.