MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 3/4/24!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/4/22!)

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:28 am

coola wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:01 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:13 pm So not that I know for sure, but I did think at the time that the funi dub changed the timeline from 5 to 10 years was because of Pan. Partly because she's on a date with some dude, and partly because at 9, she's taller than Goku, who would be 12 - 15 post wish.
I think Bra was main reason, i mean, that's really supposed to be 9 - 10? She acts and look more like 16 :o
Sounds just as legit as any other, speculation either way.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:26 am

Unfortunately, the character designs of some of the younger characters would make more sense if it was more than 5 years. Especially if they act older than they are. Pan being 9 & dating? Why? Bra being...8? & acting like an entitled, spoiled, bratty teenager? Why? I don't know if the writers thought that through or if they had a proper guide as to how old some of the characters were supposed to be. Even if it's not the right number, 10 years makes a lot more sense than just 5.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:49 am

People focus a lot on Pan and Bra, but let's see some others: Dragon Ball GT taking place in AGE 794 would make Uub be twenty years old. I... Don't know if I could say for sure he's twenty, maybe we can? I don't know.

Gohan would be thirty-seven. Considering he had a "human"-like growth, it's within reason he would have other "human" characteristics too, by this age he probably shouldn't have the exact same clean and young face as he had when he was sixteen/seventeen.

Kuririn would be fifty-eight while Bulma sixty-one. I guess Kuririn is fine but Bulma, once again, defies expectations like her future self. She would be just as old as future Bulma when we last saw her in Future Trunks saga (two years younger, to be precise).

Maybe Pan and Bra would "benefit" from the "ten-year timeskip" but others? Not so much.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/11/22!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:42 am

Dragon Ball Dissection December continues! It's GT Trunks's True Calling - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Baby Arc Part 2.

I had a lot of fun with this one. I mean, hopefully the song will give that away. But I've always had a really big soft spot for the second episode of GT. The way Pan is introduced in that episode stands in stark contrast to her appearance in episode 1. And more importantly, we get to meet the very best Trunks in Dragon Ball! ;-)

Whoo! 6,000th post! It's only taken me 13 years!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:19 pm

One thing about GT I did like was Trunks growing up and is on his way to be the next head of Capsule Corp, even if he still plays hooky from time to time, though with your explanation, it's clear Trunks needed more than that. If we are to look at episodes 1 and 2 as the pilot, Trunks should have gotten a larger segment to be filled out, even if he couldn't get as much screen time as Pan and Goku.

On what you think Trunks' deal is, sounds good. He dreams of adventure. But him being apprehensive about taking the plunge for adventure, I get that. You want something, and you know that something is good for you and can improve your lot. but you are too comfortable, or too cowardly to get it. In that case, Vegeta forcing Trunks to get what he truly wants, being the backbone for him, works.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:32 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:19 pm One thing about GT I did like was Trunks growing up and is on his way to be the next head of Capsule Corp, even if he still plays hooky from time to time, though with your explanation, it's clear Trunks needed more than that. If we are to look at episodes 1 and 2 as the pilot, Trunks should have gotten a larger segment to be filled out, even if he couldn't get as much screen time as Pan and Goku.

On what you think Trunks' deal is, sounds good. He dreams of adventure. But him being apprehensive about taking the plunge for adventure, I get that. You want something, and you know that something is good for you and can improve your lot. but you are too comfortable, or too cowardly to get it. In that case, Vegeta forcing Trunks to get what he truly wants, being the backbone for him, works.
Sometimes that feels exactly like me! :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:23 pm

Just thinking of you bringing up that the animators drew Trunks with the sword for the opening of GT. I remember Geekdom101 saying something about kid Trunks having a sword in Super & that somehow made Wrath of the Dragon canon to the manga timeline that Super sprung off of & that Tapion was a canon character. I'm like, "What? Where in Super does kid Trunks have a sword &, even then, what makes you think it's Tapion's?" I hate this fandom sometimes. NONE of the movies take place in the regular timeline of the manga or animes unless stated so like the last 4 that were written directly by Toriyama. Why can't people accept that? Why is it so hard for people to get that?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:59 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:23 pm Just thinking of you bringing up that the animators drew Trunks with the sword for the opening of GT. I remember Geekdom101 saying something about kid Trunks having a sword in Super & that somehow made Wrath of the Dragon canon to the manga timeline that Super sprung off of & that Tapion was a canon character. I'm like, "What? Where in Super does kid Trunks have a sword &, even then, what makes you think it's Tapion's?" I hate this fandom sometimes. NONE of the movies take place in the regular timeline of the manga or animes unless stated so like the last 4 that were written directly by Toriyama. Why can't people accept that? Why is it so hard for people to get that?
I don't watch his stuff anymore, but he's always been about having correct factual information, never speculation. You'd need to show me this video or tweet where he said that, because that sounds like something he'd do on April 1st.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:37 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:59 pm I don't watch his stuff anymore, but he's always been about having correct factual information, never speculation. You'd need to show me this video or tweet where he said that, because that sounds like something he'd do on April 1st.
I can't remember what exact video it was, as this was years ago when Super was still airing. I think it might've been 1 of his discussion videos or something. I remember him saying that shit. Like, you literally just have to watch the show or read the manga & pay the slightest bit of attention to the stuff in Trunks' room the few times it's shown in either. I don't know if it's shown in the manga, though. I remember him mentioning it as if it was fact & he was 100% certain of it.

Also, we gotta remember that Geekdom just last month posted the panel of the DB manga after Krillin pulled Bulma's top down, exposing her boobs, from when she was 16 because he found it hot on his Twitter & acted like he didn't understand why people had a problem with that, which I don't think was intended as a prank. And, anyone who says or brags about how they pride themselves on 100% factual information rather than letting it show in their work or how they dispense information or their opinions as much as he does reeks of insecurity to me. Not to say that he probably doesn't get comments on his videos, replies on is tweets, & whatever else. It also wasn't an April Fool's video. It was a random video from some other time. We also have to remember, Geekdom does things like have problems with "canon" & runs with hearsay at times that he puts up as facts despite no confirmation of them that end up wrong rather than wait till there's an actual confirmation on things. It's not hard to believe he'd say something like that offhand, tbh. I'll try to find the video, but it was a while ago.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:19 am

Scsigs wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:37 am And, anyone who says or brags about how they pride themselves on 100% factual information rather than letting it show in their work or how they dispense information or their opinions as much as he does reeks of insecurity to me. Not to say that he probably doesn't get comments on his videos, replies on his tweets, & whatever else.
*comments on his videos, replies on his tweets, & whatever else regarding any misinformation he may ave in his videos, valid or not. However, he honestly shouldn't always say stuff like, "You know I'm legit" & the like all the time like I remember him doing when I still watched him regularly. It starts to strain credibility after a while.

Also, the manga panel was from Yamcha's fight with the invisible man. Forgot to put that part.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/18/22!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:01 am

GT's Diminishing Confidence - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Baby Arc Part 3

DBD December continues, but is the honeymoon already over? GT goes to its first planet with all of the wacky shenanigans that entails. But between some strained plotting and nonsensical decisions, does it work? I don't know. You tell me!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:06 pm

You know what would have been funny? If Goku had access to Super Saiyan, but being a 50x multiplier, and his PL as a child, lets just say 100, he's only at 5000? And so when he has to go to higher levels of Super Saiyan before 4, it's pretty clear none of these enemies would have held a candle to Freeza, but being a kid, Goku is literally putting everything he's got into the fight?

Maybe not "ha ha" funny, but if you like deconstruction...

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:39 pm

I get thinking the limiting of Goku's powers is inconsistent. However, I think it's just because, for the teleportation move, it's just not explained. Like, if they eventually went to Yardrat & asked the locals why Goku can't do it, then they explained it, then it'd be better.
Gonna get into some spoilers, Lance, so if you don't want those, ignore the spoiler part. I believe you've said you've seen later parts of the series, so maybe I'm being overly cautious, but still.
As for the plot hole of the episode, yeah, that's really dumb. They should've shown them getting the money or something before they bought the ship parts. That's really dumb.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:02 pm

The Final Movie, A Final Beginning - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Path to Ultimate Strength
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPfYsN ... tareFusion

Saw Path to Power once, thought it was alright. Pretty somber story, behind the scenes though.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:15 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:42 am Dragon Ball Dissection December continues! It's GT Trunks's True Calling - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Baby Arc Part 2.

I had a lot of fun with this one. I mean, hopefully the song will give that away. But I've always had a really big soft spot for the second episode of GT. The way Pan is introduced in that episode stands in stark contrast to her appearance in episode 1. And more importantly, we get to meet the very best Trunks in Dragon Ball! ;-)

Whoo! 6,000th post! It's only taken me 13 years!
Talk about different opinions. GT episode 2 is one of my least favorite episodes of any Dragon Ball anime.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:55 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:02 pm The Final Movie, A Final Beginning - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Path to Ultimate Strength
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPfYsN ... tareFusion

Saw Path to Power once, thought it was alright. Pretty somber story, behind the scenes though.
Review sounded similar to DBZ Movie 9, when "big bad" is introduced, movie gets worse. And yes, what was the point of changing problematic apperance of Black, only to give Metallic "treatment"?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/25/22!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:45 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the video! I was out of town for Christmas, and everything was automated, so I wasn't around to make the forum post. For what it's worth:

The Final Movie, A Final Beginning - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Path to Ultimate Strength

I hope everyone enjoyed it and had a wonderful holiday!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/31/22!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:54 am

Understanding the Timeline - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Baby Arc Part 4

It's time to conclude DBD December, and I hope it's one that ends with a bang. Everyone was asking me about the timeline, particularly that whole "GT takes place 10 years later idea." Well, I decided to go on a deep dive. We're talking guidebooks, we're talking timelines, we're talking character ages, character design, and fandom! What do we know? How do we know it? Does what we know make sense? This one was a lot of fun, so I hope you like it!

(Special thanks to VegettoEX, Cipher, and Curtis Hoffmann)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:57 pm

JSYK, Lance, I believe it was in press briefings that said GT takes place 10 years after the end of Z. I've watched the whole dub & I don't remember them stating it anywhere in the dub either.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:44 am

Scsigs wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:57 pm JSYK, Lance, I believe it was in press briefings that said GT takes place 10 years after the end of Z. I've watched the whole dub & I don't remember them stating it anywhere in the dub either.
I just watched the entire dub with a friend and I definitely know it never said anything about 10 years in the dub at all and never did.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash