"Don't Give Up" (Battle Stadium D.O.N) -- transcription help

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Don't Give Up" (Battle Stadium D.O.N) -- transcription help

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 am

So, I've been working on this:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/lyrics/ja-dont_give_up/

Ordinarily, I like to do these things myself, but this transcription is driving me nuts. Everything is fine until Kageyama and Kitadani start singing over top of each other; then all bets are off. I even asked for help from my wife (a non-fan who politely sat through Kai-filled Sunday mornings to humor me), but the best she could offer past what I'd already done was perhaps "illusion" or "yuujou" (friendship) after "tatakai wa". Her exact words (roughly) were,「ジュリアンがあれだけ聞き取れたなんて、凄いで。私には全く分からへん」...so not particularly helpful. (Though I am grateful for the praise.)

I'd appreciate any help people on here might be able to provide. Your reward, such as it is, will be a transcription credit on the song's page. Even better would be a hard copy of the lyrics, but the only chance of that would probably be an old issue of V-Jump, and I have no conclusive evidence that they ever covered this song the way they did for, say, the Budokai 2 theme (which came complete with the words to the opening-size version).

Anyway, よろしくお願いします。m(_ _)m
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

sanorin
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Don't Give Up" (Battle Stadium D.O.N) -- transcription

Post by sanorin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 am

Hi, I don't know if this is any help at all, but this is the best I could get out of the song.

In the part after "You don’t give up" what I hear is (君のFight) (Kimi no Fight).

Is it posible that the part (___元気さ) says "変幻自在 " (へんげんじざい - hengenjizai), which means "capable of ever-changing appearance"?