Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:45 pm

That's fair but his hair in the anime is purple, it should have been purple for consistency sake. I really don't care if his hair in the manga is blue, colors for many characters and costumes are somewhat different between Anime and Manga.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:55 pm

I still think the anime colors with the lavender hair looks better, but as Sshadow5001 said, the inconsistencies drove me crazy. The younger version of him was shown with lavender hair. In the flashbacks, if it was recycled animation, Future Trunks had lavender hair. But when flashbacks were newly drawn, he had blue hair.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:50 am

Yeah. If Trunks wanted to change his appearance so much, he should've at least been related to someone known for changing their appearance every arc. Get it together, Toei.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:21 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:50 am Yeah. If Trunks wanted to change his appearance so much, he should've at least been related to someone known for changing their appearance every arc. Get it together, Toei.
Except like ZeonNeonix said in flashbacks he's given blue hair, It's not like he dyed his hair.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:52 am

If inconsistency is your problem, then your problem is bigger than super.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm Image
You posting a pic that actually defends Super instead of shitting on it? Did someone hack your account?

And Yes btw, I agree. If you asked me "what's the worst thing about Trunks?", I'd answer "the fact that he got undeserved BS plot power-ups that somehow allowed him to beat the final villain of the arc". I wouldn't really give any thought whatsoever about his hair colour or what jacket he's wearing. I always thought those complaints were overblown and show just how silly the DB fandom is, with their ability to obsess over minor details like hair colour.

Especially since you can easily headcanon that detail away. You can just say that he decided to dye his hair for whatever reason after the Androids were defeated. I know several people irl who had brown hair, but one day they just randomly decided to dye it blonde. But you can't headcanon Trunks going from fodder to Base Goku Black, to able to destroy Fused Zamasu's body, all in the same arc. And, you know, the undeserved BS plot power-up actually affected the story, while his hair colour obviously didn't.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 amEspecially since you can easily headcanon that detail away. You can just say that he decided to dye his hair for whatever reason after the Androids were defeated.
You literally cannot.

But hey, nothing's stopping Gohan and Bulma from dying Trunks' hair while the androids have their fun in the amusement park, buying clothes and playing computer games. After all, "Trunks is at least related to someone known for changing their appearance every arc". They had all the time in the world to dye his hair at any moment, nothing bad was happening. So we, the viewers, should get it together.

(Above image taken straight from a point where Gohan is standing right beside Trunks, which means the androids were still living their happy lives).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:39 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 amEspecially since you can easily headcanon that detail away. You can just say that he decided to dye his hair for whatever reason after the Androids were defeated.
You literally cannot.
I mean, it's also pretty tragic if your enjoyment of an arc is in any way affected because of that. It's literally hair coloured mistakenly in one flashback. Genuinely, who cares?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:28 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:43 pm
You literally cannot.
I mean, it's also pretty tragic if your enjoyment of an arc is in any way affected because of that. It's literally hair coloured mistakenly in one flashback. Genuinely, who cares?
What's sad is that you've elected yourself the arbiter of what people are allowed to care about. You do not care, so we're not allowed to either?

You tried to dismiss our opinions with your headcanon. Then your headcanon has holes poked in it, your response is just, "Well, you should just not care about consistency."

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:28 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:43 pm

You literally cannot.
What's sad is that you've elected yourself the arbiter of what people are allowed to care about. You do not care, so we're not allowed to either?

You tried to dismiss our opinions with your headcanon. Then your headcanon has holes poked in it, your response is just, "Well, you should just not care about consistency."
The consistency of one guy's hair colour, that is disproven only by one flashback. You make it sound far more serious than it actually is.

And the headcanon still stands. There's no reason why Trunks couldn't have dyed his hair off-screen during the Androids' attack. It's not like it was a total apocalypse like when Goku Black attacked. Cities were still functioning, shops were still functioning, 18 went to one for example. Stranger things happen in DB than a guy deciding to dye his hair blue, like people blowing up planets.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:48 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:43 pmIt's literally hair coloured mistakenly in one flashback. Genuinely, who cares?
Highly doubt it's a mistake. I think it's intentional, what with Bulma asking "does the guy in there have blue hair?", Toei doing some black and white flashbacks and outright recoloring his hair blue in other flashbacks. All of that tells me they're doing the best they can to tell the viewers Trunks always had blue hair.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 am

Toei: "Future Trunks' hair is blue."

Me: "What? You mean he's Super Saiyan Blue?"

"No. Just blue."

"Why?"

"It was always blue."

"No, it wasn't. And you've been showing kid Trunks with lavender hair up until now."

"Yeah, but Toriyama's drew him blue sometimes. We're going with the manga colors now."

"Okay, fine, whatever. Trunks has blue hair now. We'll just pretend it was always that way."

"Future Trunks' hair is blue. Present Trunks' hair is lavender."

"What? Why? What about the manga colors?"

"Well, we already drew him with lavender hair, so... Can't change it now!"

"..."

[Later]

"Present Trunks has blue hair now."

"Uuuuugh! Whatever. At least you're finally being consistent."

"Gotenks still has purple hair, though."

"Oh, come on!"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:48 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:10 pm
I don't get it.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:42 am
I will always laugh to that lol

I really wish we had more of these Super!Goku in the original manga.

You literally cannot.
You know the most weird thing about this is that Super oftens uses old Z/Kai footage as flashbacks, they could have used TV Special 2 footage, why the need of redoing the scene? Consistency sake or because the latter material was not Kai'ed?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm

I drew this years ago and only now realized I don't think I ever posted it here

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Goten does do something! He...he, uh, fused with Trunks! That's character development, right?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:17 pm

Funny. Goten and Trunks (and Gotenks, by extension) were basically red herrings. The story builds them up as the new saviors, but they're too irresponsible to finish the job. Then Gohan shows up stronger than ever. Will he save the day? No. No, he gets absorbed. Well, dang. Who can save the day now? Oh, Goku and Vegeta are back, and they can fuse? Vegito will get it done! Oh, wait. They got absorbed.

Finally, the day is saved by...

[Checks notes...]

Goku, Hercule, and the Earthlings. Okay, then. lol

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:35 pm

This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

PurestEvil