Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:30 am

Shaddy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:53 am
Fixed
Yeah, uh, just gonna ignore... the previous post... and say that memes do tend to be funnier when they're short and concise, and not "Here's a 20-point list of reasons why the thing I like is better than the thing I don't like". It just comes off as insecure, as if the creator is scared of what other people might think about their opinion, so they have to "justify it", when nobody really cares all that much. You like GT Goku more than Super Goku? Okay, cool, moving on. You like Super Goku more than GT Goku? Okay, cool, moving on.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:53 am

GT Goku is also after he finishes training Uub years later. My headcanon is that DBS Goku transitions into more of a master like GT Goku by EoZ and beyond. Maybe a mix of naturally maturing and getting too old for that shit. It might already be happening since he sympathized with Broly and wanted to help him rather than fight this strong guy. In the post-ToP manga arcs, he understood who was a bad guy and needed to be stopped. I'm not sure how involved Toriyama was with Goku's characterization in the manga after the ToP though.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:20 pm

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 am
Shaddy, you are an absolutely insane Human being for thinking that Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super is not a fifth-rate knock-off of Son Goku from Dragon Ball GT,
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 am do I need to remind you that Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super had done so many questionable acts that he would make all of the other versions of himself look like Saints in comparison to him?
Dude, it quite clearly says he's "fun". Characters with no flaws are boring.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 am And I really think that is about time that you should stop right now with all of this nonsense that you have sometimes been talking about here too. As when you would sometimes rant against me and absolutely anything better than that absolutely soulless piece of garbage that is Dragon Ball Super just makes you look like such an absolutely pathetic excuse of a Human being
The irony here speaks for itself. Clearly you have no actual problem with my responses to your low-quality posts if you're just as eager to spit all of this at me, you're just angry I don't agree with you.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 am you would have felt right at home in absolutely any part of the world governed by a male Puppet who is being controlled from the shadows by a female Puppeteer.
I like that the only explanation you can come up with for someone liking a show you don't is to somehow create a conspiracy theory of a secret cabal women running the world from the shadows (this definitely has no misogynistic implications whatsoever).

You are cordially invited to smoke this copium blunt.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:50 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 am do I need to remind you that Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super had done so many questionable acts that he would make all of the other versions of himself look like Saints in comparison to him?
Dude, it quite clearly says he's "fun". Characters with no flaws are boring.
Agreed. Take, for instance, Son Goku from Dragon Ball, a comic that ran in the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump between 1984 and 1995, who did at least one big questionable act per arc after growing up, all for the sake of having a good time (read: a good Fight).

That wall of text dunking on Goku from Super seems to neglect the existence of Ultra Instinct, as well as characters like Piccolo and Vegeta joining his entourage in the original story, despite the heinous shit they did (and were accessories to).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:30 am

Moderator action's been taken, please carry on and try not to let whatever the heck that was repeat itself.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:05 am

In retrospect, GT was ahead of the curve :P

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:18 pm

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:18 pm
Saiyan Scholar, is that you?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:35 pm

What exactly are the muscles suppose to mean?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie
Location: hehe dromaeosaurids,, (icon drawn by @/FeralWolf1234)

Post by DiloVortexx » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:15 pm

oo interesting comparison tho just to show how much the anatomy has changed over time
like how shintani kinda looks like its a mix of saiyan and cell arc proportions : o
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

goten and trunks are gay and trans ♥

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:34 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:35 pmWhat exactly are the muscles suppose to mean?
The implication is that GT = good and Super = bad because Goku's muscles look different.

The fact that they have to literally lie to you by using his transformed state for the ones they like and his base form for Broly should go a long way in determining what this user's priorities are. I guarantee that these posts come from some facebook page whining about the "weakness of modern men" or maybe even saying Dragon Ball has become "feminized".

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:08 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:34 pm
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:35 pmWhat exactly are the muscles suppose to mean?
The implication is that GT = good and Super = bad because Goku's muscles look different.

The fact that they have to literally lie to you by using his transformed state for the ones they like and his base form for Broly should go a long way in determining what this user's priorities are. I guarantee that these posts come from some facebook page whining about the "weakness of modern men" or maybe even saying Dragon Ball has become "feminized".
me who thought they were only just showing off a comparison of the musculature to show the evolution of the art style for fun 😭
i shouldve put two and two together with the second post but still lmao
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:53 pm

oops double post but i thought this was really cute art so..
spoilered bc its spoilers for super hero

art by thebirdy74

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:50 am

DiloVortexx wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:08 pm me who thought they were only just showing off a comparison of the musculature to show the evolution of the art style for fun 😭
Hey, you haven't been enduring these posts for the past several years, its sensible to assume better of people if you don't know. Most of the people here are ok :thumbup:

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:40 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:50 am
DiloVortexx wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:08 pm me who thought they were only just showing off a comparison of the musculature to show the evolution of the art style for fun 😭
Hey, you haven't been enduring these posts for the past several years, its sensible to assume better of people if you don't know. Most of the people here are ok :thumbup:
TRUE THO i actually havent experienced crackhead ppl in this fandom in years (i was a guest lurker for years before i joined the forums bc hrngh anxiety bc ik a lot of the fandom is kinda.. wack. glad to see kanzenshuu is a lot more accepting than most fandom forums tho (even if theres still some weird people that come here from time to time) ♥) because i've been mostly staying in the queer spaces of this fandom bc i chickened out from most of it after 1. dumb arguments from years back when i was a wee lad being a silly kid on the internet 2. have seen what some people are like just in general 3. i'd much rather hang out with the parts of this fandom that are less like to hate crime me for my identity SHFDJHDFG /i wish i could say fully joke but i mean ik theres a lot of shitty conservatives in the fandom so.. unfortunately half-joking

but yee i have seen already some people that are nice or i'm like 'damn yo they just like me" here! which makes me feel a lot better about being on the forums 🥺

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:03 am

Remember when some GT fans were comparing Battle of gods (when it first came out) and GT? A one hour movie vs a show with 64 episodes, that doesn't look good when your trying to defend the quality of your show :lol:.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:43 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:42 pm