SSJ4 Saiyan Halfbreeds?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ankhael

SSJ4 Saiyan Halfbreeds?

Post by Ankhael » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 pm

With enough traning, do you guys think the saiyan half breeds could achieve SSJ4?

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: SSJ4 Saiyan Halfbreeds?

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Maybe only Gohan; I highly doubt Goten or Mirai/ Present Trunks because they supposedly grew up without tails.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Wasn't it stated by Bulma that only full saiyajins can go SSJ 4?
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

According to the English dub, she theorized that, but yet, tries to zap Goten/ Trunks with the blutz waves against Yī Xīng Lóng.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm

SSJ4 isn't about getting strong enough its about having SSJ, a tail, and willpower. You need to become a Super Oozaru, gain control of yourself and condense your energy into the form that is SSJ4. If somehow Gohan was able to get his tail back then he should be able to. However some sources such as Bulma point to only pure-bloods being able to access SSJ4.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

According to DB Online, even humans can achieve SSJ.... after a wish to Shenron.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Marco Polo wrote:According to DB Online, even humans can achieve SSJ.... after a wish to Shenron.
Don't humans in DBO have a trace of a Saiyan blood? If not thats quite stupid they can go SSJ. Maybe they can just turn Super Human or something.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 pm

No, because training doesn't matter.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm pretty sure a good majority of humans have a trace of Saiya-Jin blood in their system in that game.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 pm

JP6GAMER wrote:Wasn't it stated by Bulma that only full saiyajins can go SSJ 4?
No, that's a dub-only thing.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Ankhael

Post by Ankhael » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:According to the English dub, she theorized that, but yet, tries to zap Goten/ Trunks with the blutz waves against Yī Xīng Lóng.
Yi Xing Long??

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Ankhael wrote:
Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:According to the English dub, she theorized that, but yet, tries to zap Goten/ Trunks with the blutz waves against Yī Xīng Lóng.
Yi Xing Long??
Omega Shenron.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 pm

For the record, the original dialogue goes like this:
Vegeta: "But when I was taken over by Baby, and recieved a large does of Bruits waves on Planet Tsufru, turning me into a great ape, I did not become a Super Saiyan 4."

Bulma: "At the time, Baby's own cells were interfering, which kept you from becoming Super Saiyan 4."
There's nothing at all relating to Saiyan/Earthlin hybrids.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Yeah, and I'd definitely say that there's probably a major difference between how Vegeta isn't a 'pure' Saiyan while possessed by Baby, versus how Gohan, Goten, and Trunks aren't 'pure' Saiyans. Personally, I'd see no reason as to why those kids couldn't also reach Super Saiyan 4 with enough training of some sort, and got to the right situations.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 pm

That could also just be a theory; maybe it also has to do with the fact that Bebi didn't know how to utilize the Saiya-Jin's power.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:I'm pretty sure a good majority of humans have a trace of Saiya-Jin blood in their system in that game.
Goten, Trunks, Pan and Bra must have had a lot of descendants then :wtf:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:01 pm

JP6GAMER wrote:Wasn't it stated by Bulma that only full saiyajins can go SSJ 4?
Not exactly, she said that Baby's cells were interfering. Now, Baby caused some mutations on Vegeta's body, to the point Vegeta looked more like Baby rather than Vegeta. But since Saiyan genes are stated to have extraordinarily good compatibility with Earthling blood, and unlike Vegeta-Baby, they have been shown to be able to transform in to every Saiyan form from the manga (Oozaru, Super Saiyan Grade 1-3, Super Saiyan Full Power, Super Saiyan 1-3) then I'm sure that they will also be able to transform into a Golden Oozaru & Super Saiyan 4.

Gohan should definitely be able to transform (but if he is Ultimate, I'm not so sure), but Goten, Trunks, and Pan, who have been confirmed to have been born without Saiyan tails, I don't thinks so. And as for Bra, Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., his mother, and every other Halfling that was born before them, I doubt they were born with a tail, so no Oozaru & Super Saiyan 4 for them too.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:SSJ4 isn't about getting strong enough its about having SSJ, a tail, and willpower.
Bulma said that you have to be strong enough to become a Golden Oozaru. The whole "you need SS & tail" is only fan theory, and a theory I strongly disagree with. Every Super Saiyan form had a power requirement, and Super Saiyan 4, the most powerful Saiyan form ever, only needs the user's battle power to be at around 3.000.000, while Super Saiyan 2, and especially 3, needed much, much greater battle power & training to achieve them? That's bullshit.
Marco Polo wrote:According to DB Online, even humans can achieve SSJ.... after a wish to Shenron.
Wrong. The Humans that can transform are Saiyan descendants (the story is set 216 years after the end of the manga). Shenlong unlocks them their hidden power to become Super Saiyans.
Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:I'm pretty sure a good majority of humans have a trace of Saiya-Jin blood in their system in that game.
Also wrong, only a portion of the Earthlings have Saiyan blood, not all the Earthlings. As a game, there is no limit on how many Humans can be created (all the created Humans have Saiyan blood), but in the actual story, it's only small portion of the Earthlings.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:That could also just be a theory; maybe it also has to do with the fact that Bebi didn't know how to utilize the Saiya-Jin's power.
That's possible too, yeah. And it could even be that it only didn't work that way because Baby had exerted full control over Vegeta, or however you'd want to put it. He'd taken such full control that his features were now showing over Vegeta's body, and it was fully him in control personality wise, unlike how he kind of left the others to their own devices, and they were still themselves - outside of working for him of course.
Marco Polo wrote:
Goten, Trunks, Pan and Bra must have had a lot of descendants then :wtf:
:lol: No kidding, but eh, I like to chalk that specific part up to game mechanic only rather than something I'd fully pull from the story of Online.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

We also see that Baby gets spat out of Vegeta's body once Vegeta returns to his normal size, since Baby grew big when Vegeta became an Oozaru but apparently can't shrink himself down again like Vegeta can. So it seems that if Vegeta had become a Super Saiyan 4 while under Baby's control, this would have likewise kicked Baby out of his system. Perhaps that's the way Baby's cells "interfered" with Vegeta becoming a Super Saiyan 4, even if they apparently couldn't interfer with Vegera reverting from Oozaru back to his human form

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:37 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:SSJ4 isn't about getting strong enough its about having SSJ, a tail, and willpower.
Bulma said that you have to be strong enough to become a Golden Oozaru. The whole "you need SS & tail" is only fan theory, and a theory I strongly disagree with. Every Super Saiyan form had a power requirement, and Super Saiyan 4, the most powerful Saiyan form ever, only needs the user's battle power to be at around 3.000.000, while Super Saiyan 2, and especially 3, needed much, much greater battle power & training to achieve them? That's bullshit.
Isn't that line a dub thing? In the dub she says "You might have not been strong enough to go SSJ4." You don't need to be strong to achieve the Golden Oozaru form at all and it surpasses SSJ3, I don't see a problem with being able to SSJ4 right off the bat. This just makes SSJ4 all the more superior. You don't have to waste time unlocking the other 2 humanoid forms.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946