DBZ3 Bonus Materials (Complete Listing)

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

DBZ3 Bonus Materials (Complete Listing)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:24 pm

Hey, all:

I was originally just going to make a small, general update noting what the bonus items were in the "Collector's Edition" of Budokai 3, but I decided I might as well just make it into its own "Tidbit". I'd like to compile a list of all of the bonus features available. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of them, and please add if you know of any other ones (I already have the PWs for the unlockable costumes, so don't bother listing them):
  • Goku w/ halo (alternate costume)
  • Future Trunks w/ sword (alternate costume)
  • Piccolo-Daimao (alternate costume)
  • "Super" Vegeta (level 99 CPU)
  • DBZ2 TV CM (bonus movie)
  • DBZ3 Long CM (bonus movie)
  • DBZ3 ending (bonus movie)
  • Character mouths move when talking (which part of the game is this? menu screens or during DU?)
And obviously, the EU and US versions of the "Collector's Edition" have the ability to choose between the FUNimation-English and original Japanese vocal track, and I'm assuming the intro theme is the vocal version.

Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:43 pm

So you are confirming that you know for a fact that the Greatest Hits version of Budokai 3 is going to be exactly the same as the European Collector's Edition?

Because the only added feature announced so far has been the inclusion of the Japanese VAs. Has there been another announcement or are you just assuming that they will be the same?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:00 pm

Character mouths move when talking

This is in the menu's. The Tenkaichi announcer does, I thought Puar too and maybe a few others. I'm not sure about the DU talking, I'll get back on that.

We got the vocal intro, but the ending is instrumental.
Note: the future Trunks is the Trunks with ponytail and not the one with the Broly-like haircut from Budokai 1.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:56 pm

Orochi_Rockman wrote:So you are confirming that you know for a fact that the Greatest Hits version of Budokai 3 is going to be exactly the same as the European Collector's Edition?

Because the only added feature announced so far has been the inclusion of the Japanese VAs. Has there been another announcement or are you just assuming that they will be the same?
I have absolutely no idea what will be on the American "Collector's Edition"; the "Tidbit" is going to be exclusively based on the Japanese version, but will mention the EU and US "Collector's Edition" releases where appropriate.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:21 pm

I saw a video of japanese version, where Pan and Kami's mouths (in training mode) move, and I think that Lunch in the Skill Shop and King Kai in Duel mode move as well. Not sure about Dragon Universe.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:43 pm

OK, I know this is probably the wrong thread for this but I still havent found those other video's and I havent seen any listing of them on Gamespot or anywhere else, can anyone actually confirm they are in the EU version of the game?
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:06 pm

Moving this over to this forum because I'm actually previewing a page, now.

http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/dbz3_extras.shtml

I think I've got the JP version extras pretty much taken care of. What I really need now is just some confirmations on what's in the European "Collector's Edition". Thanks for the help!

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:50 am

Character mouths move when talking (which part of the game is this? menu screens or during DU?)
In the DU, they don't move their mouths, but they change expression(serious, happy, etc.). I'm saying this based on the Japanese import I have, so I could be wrong.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:51 pm

What's the password for "Super Vegeta"?
14 years later

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:00 pm

I'm not sure, but I think that everyone in the Dragon Universe is voiced. Unlike the english version, there is no silence.

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:33 pm

DB_Fan wrote:I'm not sure, but I think that everyone in the Dragon Universe is voiced. Unlike the english version, there is no silence.
Everyone in Dragon Universe did have voices in the English version :?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:57 pm

What he means is that, in atleast the American version, certain lines would be silent and characters wouln't speak. This is usually for the sidequests and such. Apparently, the Japanese version fixed this.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Could someone please tell me the password for "Super Vegeta"? I might get this game after all and I'd like all the "Extras". Please, EX, B-kun, Jersey, Son_Goku, Xeyx, Hendrix, Chuquita, anyone? Anyone? :shock:
14 years later

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:05 pm

The password for "Super Vegeta" is: GL@nhKaU!pL+RJ$Pkf
znDvf%ZW#sXpZGa(Oi

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:36 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:The password for "Super Vegeta" is: GL@nhKaU!pL+RJ$Pkf
znDvf%ZW#sXpZGa(Oi
Thank you very much, Slick, I'll make sure to include you in my will. :P
14 years later

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Slickmasterfunk wrote:The password for "Super Vegeta" is: GL@nhKaU!pL+RJ$Pkf
znDvf%ZW#sXpZGa(Oi
Thank you very much, Slick, I'll make sure to include you in my will. :P
I want your stereo.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:08 am

"Super Vegeta" is the only code that works on every copy of the game, even the original US release. I should know, I've used it. It's the costume (skins) codes that don't work.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:07 am

I have the Japanese import, and I'm kind of pissed that I'm finding out about these passwords just now. It would've been great to know about this when B3 was still fun. But, I guess it doesn't really matter; the only code that DID work was Piccolo Daimao's. I really wanted Goku w/ halo, though.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? The password I used was 'janna minna' or something like that. I actually got it from this forum.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:19 am

Is it a glitch for Super Vegeta to break in when you are fighting him anyways? I don't know what happened, but after 10 attempts to beat him, another Vegeta broke in right before my fight with Super Vegeta. That's just really wierd...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:40 am

Someone describe exactly what "Super Vegeta" is like. Is he simply the bulked up Vegeta that fought Cell?

I only ask out of not wanting to borrow the game just to find out it doesn't work on his for some stupid reason.