Discussion on "Budokai 3: Greatest Hits"

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Discussion on "Budokai 3: Greatest Hits"

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:52 pm

I thought I may as well bring a thread like this up, GH Budokai 3 being only a few days away and all. I haven't played Budokai Tenkaichi as much as most of you that've gotten it, I'm actually planning on playing Budokai Tenkaichi full time afer I get my fill in GH Budokai 3, but don't get me wrong, I have played some of Budokai Tenkaichi (not as enjoyable as Budokai 3 IMO). But on the subject of the GH Budokai 3, as mentioned on many other threads, it's only $20, is including the Japanese VAs, and most likley all the other "extras" received in the European "Collectors' Edition". I've fully decided on buying it, mainly because I think these extra additions will make it even more of a better game than Budokai Tenkaichi, at least in my opinon. Anyone else getting it?
14 years later

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:06 pm

.. Weren't you one of the people who said "Screw you" when it was announced...?

Anyway, I plan on getting it when I can. I'm a sucker for Kuririn's voice and I haven't heard Nijuugou's voice, so. *shrug* And 20 bucks is a good deal all things considered.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 pm

B-kun wrote:.. Weren't you one of the people who said "Screw you" when it was announced...?
Yeah, I'm ashamed to say I was, but people change. What changed my outlook was playing Budokai Tenkaichi and realizing that it didn't, IMO, hold a candle to the greatness that is Budokai 3. And also realizing that GH Budokai 3 will have the Japanese VAs of Xi Xing Long, Uub, Kaioshin,, not to mention the addition of Piccolo Daimao. So ... yeah, people change, and my outlook on this release has, one main reason due to the price.
14 years later

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:49 pm

As I said in the "Budokai 3 for GameCube?" thread, I'll get it if I don't hear any word on a GC release by...January or Febuary. If not, I'll buy it at some point. I'm just glad I didn't buy the original...and chose to borrow my friends copy for....I believe it was 7 months. Yeah...I'm cheap. $20 is right in my price range.

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:49 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote:I'm just glad I didn't buy the original...and chose to borrow my friends copy for....I believe it was 7 months. Yeah...I'm cheap. $20 is right in my price range.
Exactly what I was going to say. Although I have borrowed my friends copy for about 3 months. I'll get it eventually. $20 is a very good price.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm definitely buying it, but there is one issue that I'm concerned about. Sorry if someone had answered this already, but would the GH Budokai 3 take my save file from my old Budokai 3?
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:58 pm

kvon wrote:I'm definitely buying it, but there is one issue that I'm concerned about. Sorry if someone had answered this already, but would the GH Budokai 3 take my save file from my old Budokai 3?
I've heard it's a direct import of the European "Collectors' Edition", and if this is indeed the case, then we can import the capsules we've gotten from the original release, as buyers of the CE have claimed to have been able to import capsules they earned from their original release to the CE.
14 years later

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:58 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:30 pm

...GH Budokai 3 being only a few days away...
Is it really? Cause I thought it was comming out in December. When did you think it was comming out?

BTW, thats not sarcasim I just wanna know when it's really comming out.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:44 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
...GH Budokai 3 being only a few days away...
Is it really? Cause I thought it was comming out in December. When did you think it was comming out?

BTW, thats not sarcasim I just wanna know when it's really comming out.
IIRC, today. Everything I've heard from offical sources has been saying November 9th. (Or perhaps the 15th but, I'm almost positive it's the 9th.) I can't remember for sure...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:15 pm

The main site says November 9th....
Is it really? Cause I thought it was comming out in December.
The only DB game I can think of that is comming out in December is the "LOG: 1 and 2" double pack for GBA.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:02 pm

Oh, I was going by this...

http://www.zstore.com/Detail.bok?no=3047

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 am

I'd like to know if the label on the game itself is different in any way. You know, in case I buy it used, so I don't get stiffed.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 am

The S wrote:I'd like to know if the label on the game itself is different in any way. You know, in case I buy it used, so I don't get stiffed.
You mean the box? Well, other than the big "Greatest Hits" thing at the top, it's got the original Japanese box art.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:12 am

No, not the case, the disc.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:08 am

Ah, well, in that case... I have no idea.
<Xyex> Good point.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:42 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:06 pm

It's out. It came out on the 9th.
<Xyex> Good point.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:05 am

I've still never seen heads nor tails of it, and I've checked many places (including my workplace, a Gamestop which has no knowledge of when it is supposed to have been released, despite the fact that we get a list of GH-to-be games like a month ahead of time).

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:32 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread