Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:16 pm

Heyas:

I'm looking for an audible example of Goku, in FUNimation's dub of season three onwards, saying "Kaio-Ken" (as their silly "kayo-ken" pronunciation). I checked the one example I knew of right before he powers up in front of Ginyu, but in the dub he just says "You got it!" or some crap.

I don't have the Freeza discs where he goes 20x, and I don't have the Afterlife Tournament discs when he uses it against Paikuhan (and even then, he probably yells out "Super Kaio-Ken" in the dub, just like the Japanese).

So does anyone know of any concrete examples, and better yet, would be able to rip a sound file for me? I just checked Budokai 1 & 3, but in both games, he just kinda grunts/yells. Like me. Grar.

Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Heyas:

I'm looking for an audible example of Goku, in FUNimation's dub of season three onwards, saying "Kaio-Ken" (as their silly "kayo-ken" pronunciation). I checked the one example I knew of right before he powers up in front of Ginyu, but in the dub he just says "You got it!" or some crap.

I don't have the Freeza discs where he goes 20x, and I don't have the Afterlife Tournament discs when he uses it against Paikuhan (and even then, he probably yells out "Super Kaio-Ken" in the dub, just like the Japanese).

So does anyone know of any concrete examples, and better yet, would be able to rip a sound file for me? I just checked Budokai 1 & 3, but in both games, he just kinda grunts/yells. Like me. Grar.

Thanks!
You know what, I honestly don't think dub Goku ever yells it in the Frieza saga, and I have the entire dub of it so I'd know. Only Krillin, Kaio, and Tien, I'm pretty sure, say it. But yeah, in the Afterlife Budokai, the DBZ movie 4 dub, and the Saiyan/Namek saga redub, he always yells it "Kayo-ken". I find that funny too considering Vegeta actually pronounced it "Kaio-ken" in one of the redub episodes, as did the Narrator in the American-made Sagas game. Concerning Sean Schemmel as Goku actually saying "Kayo-ken", I suppose I can try ripping the audio file from the episode where he fights Pikkon or the Movie 4 dub, I'll let you know how it goes.
14 years later

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:59 pm

Ooooh, movie 4. I've got that. Thanks!

Do you know of a specific point in the movie where he says it?

EDIT: Nevermind... found it. Exactly what I needed. Much thanks~
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:51 pm

If it's relevant, Kirby Morrow said "Super Kaio-ken" properly in the afterlife tournament arc in the "Ocean" dub.
Where's the beef?