"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:48 am

YamiGoku wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 pm I hope Tenkaichi 4 has a good what if story or something with good animations, at this point I'm so sure there is nothing animated coming for DB that the only smich of hope I have left is to watch the potential new video game cutscenes. :cry:
I wish… but don’t count on that. Dragon Ball games are generally not that good all around, with FighterZ being exception.
And they are usually adapting the franchise faithfully to the death. Those what if’s in BT3 were fun, but I keep my expectations low.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:04 pm

Nanatsu88 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:59 am Well, a month has passed since Goku's day and there has been no news.

I notice everything related to the web series very strange. Ajay announced in September that a web series was going to be produced and shortly after confirmed that production had started in October. Web series usually have 12 episodes normally. The series has been in production for 7 months, so if it has 12 episodes it should be almost finished. How is it possible that nothing has been announced?
Toei instead with other productions like Digimon 02 movie, Kinnukuman new series recently, Sailor Moon movies, Kitaro Netflix series have been announced before even starting production. And with 7 months of production of Dragon Ball for a web series that shouldn't have many episodes, don't they announce anything? It's too strange.
There's nothing strange. Its just people looking for clout and that's why we only get cryptic messages from "leakers" for DB. This franchise just doesn't have any good leaker for anime content. Unfortunately that's the truth. And the ones who act like they know more than the rest just end up failing miserably.

Just saw Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and GOD, the way Sony/Marvel are handling Spider-Man franchise is levels above of what Shueisha/Toei are doing with Dragon Ball. This gap would only make difference if DB was a small franchise and didn't make money, which is far from the truth.

We are still getting home releases with green tint... It's actually shocking how this franchise is being treated. :lol:
I don't know what to expect for the 40th anniversary. i just know if they don't care they should just sell the rights to other company at this point. I'm sure Sony and/or Disney would come forth.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 am

Have you guys seen this?

https://twitter.com/Son1_Epik1/status/1 ... 3598046215

Too bad Toei hates money....

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 am Have you guys seen this?

https://twitter.com/Son1_Epik1/status/1 ... 3598046215

Too bad Toei hates money....
if i tell toei about the wonders of money will they pay for my healthcare?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:42 am

I'll be blunt, why are people still demanding a return of the anime? For a show as divisive as Super, it garners a ton of talk within the community of the show possibly coming back. I'd honestly expected more apathy regarding this topic.

It just seems like something that is destined to disappoint fans. I mean, people have complained about character assassinations, half baked story, inconsistent animation, no matter how much they like certain aspects of the show, I have a gut feeling it'd probably from square one. Not in a remake sort of sense, more so they'll have the same issues we had in the beginning.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical on this prediction. After all, we don't even know so much as a word from a producer, let alone a press release from the committee itself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Super is coming back, we shouldn't be surprised if it falls below our expectation

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:51 am

Wrigglything wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:42 am I'll be blunt, why are people still demanding a return of the anime? For a show as divisive as Super, it garners a ton of talk within the community of the show possibly coming back. I'd honestly expected more apathy regarding this topic.

It just seems like something that is destined to disappoint fans. I mean, people have complained about character assassinations, half baked story, inconsistent animation, no matter how much they like certain aspects of the show, I have a gut feeling it'd probably from square one. Not in a remake sort of sense, more so they'll have the same issues we had in the beginning.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical on this prediction. After all, we don't even know so much as a word from a producer, let alone a press release from the committee itself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Super is coming back, we shouldn't be surprised if it falls below our expectation
I mean, I'd rather Toei create more original anime1 rather than spend resources on these bullshit long-running shounen series like Dragon Ball and One Piece but at the very least it would be nice to see more of the production staff's take on Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne and other characters. A good television series can be salvaged from that underfed, rushed production.

1I'm quite happy to hear that PreCure is getting two sequel series later in the year! I'm just afraid that they won't have any staff because they keep feeding staff to a fucking 1,000 episode long series.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 pm

Wrigglything wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:42 am I'll be blunt, why are people still demanding a return of the anime? For a show as divisive as Super, it garners a ton of talk within the community of the show possibly coming back. I'd honestly expected more apathy regarding this topic.

I'll be blunt. I'm a 40 year old who's still got the excited fanboy in him despite the ups and downs of the animated products of Dragon Ball. And I've held off reading the Manga to watch it animated without knowing the story.

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:25 pm

The mass casual audiences for Dragon Ball Super loved it and that's why there's demand for it.

It's only those you'd find around here on message boards who are going to take it seriously enough to complain about character assassinations and other business.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:42 pm

Perhaps I'm being too cynical on this prediction. After all, we don't even know so much as a word from a producer, let alone a press release from the committee itself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Super is coming back, we shouldn't be surprised if it falls below our expectation.
My thoughs exactly. It's true that DBS had its fair share of criticisms regarding its art, animation, and storytelling throughout many episodes, and it only seemed to improve towards the middle and end. It's puzzling why there is still such a demand for the return of the anime, considering its divisive nature and the potential for disappointment.

Also, it can be challenging for some fans to grasp that the current approach taken by Toei, with producing movies every 3 or 4 years, ensures a higher chance of maintaining decent quality and avoiding a dragged-out storyline. Perhaps people's excitement and nostalgia for the franchise overshadow the potential pitfalls of bringing back Super as a series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Noah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:42 pm My thoughts exactly. It's true that DBS had its fair share of criticisms regarding its art, animation, and storytelling throughout many episodes, and it only seemed to improve towards the middle and end. It's puzzling why there is still such a demand for the return of the anime, considering its divisive nature and the potential for disappointment.

Also, it can be challenging for some fans to grasp that the current approach taken by Toei, with producing movies every 3 or 4 years, ensures a higher chance of maintaining decent quality and avoiding a dragged-out storyline. Perhaps people's excitement and nostalgia for the franchise overshadow the potential pitfalls of bringing back Super as a series.
I think people want the show back mainly because there's always rumors of its return. The fact that the manga's still going as well with new storylines is also probably another big thing. I think if Toei turned Super into a seasonal anime with like 13-26 episodes depending on how much story they have to cover, I think that'd be great for their budget, time, & workforce It'd also allow their writers time to properly adapt Toriyama's outlines into good scripts for episodes & storyboards for the animators to follow. 1 of the biggest problems with Super's production was the production being so badly scheduled early on, so I think with proper time & budget, they could give us really good stuff.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:09 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:47 pm
Noah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:42 pm My thoughts exactly. It's true that DBS had its fair share of criticisms regarding its art, animation, and storytelling throughout many episodes, and it only seemed to improve towards the middle and end. It's puzzling why there is still such a demand for the return of the anime, considering its divisive nature and the potential for disappointment.

I think people want the show back mainly because there's always rumors of its return. The fact that the manga's still going as well with new storylines is also probably another big thing. I think if Toei turned Super into a seasonal anime with like 13-26 episodes depending on how much story they have to cover, I think that'd be great for their budget, time, & workforce It'd also allow their writers time to properly adapt Toriyama's outlines into good scripts for episodes & storyboards for the animators to follow. 1 of the biggest problems with Super's production was the production being so badly scheduled early on, so I think with proper time & budget, they could give us really good stuff.
No. I want it back because I wanna see the story unfold I know barely anything of the story after the tournament of power. Plus it'd be interesting to get something different with if the rumored web series is anything as rumored.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:21 pm

Don't know if the web anime that is supposed to come out soon is true or not, but Piccolo voice actor posted this:

The way it's phrased seems like it's a new project. Could be for Dragon Ball. Could be something else.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:21 pm Don't know if the web anime that is supposed to come out soon is true or not, but Piccolo voice actor posted this:

The way it's phrased seems like it's a new project. Could be for Dragon Ball. Could be something else.

I'm not hoping for anything at this point...

I would not be surprised if its Sand Land just to troll DB fans a third time...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:20 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:33 pm I'm not hoping for anything at this point...

I would not be surprised if its Sand Land just to troll DB fans a third time...
It could really be anything but since he didn't say what anime he recorded for, seems like it was for something not announced yet.

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:26 am

If it was for Dragon Ball, he wouldn't have said anything. Unless he was a troll deliberately throwing oil on the fire.
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:11 am

Furukawa wouldn't say anything unless he was told to. It's more likely that he's just finished recording for another project is all.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:30 pm

https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1684993059707056130

here we go again lol

I'm hoping that they finally animate the Moro arc so we can see it show up in the games

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:30 pm https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1684993059707056130

here we go again lol

I'm hoping that they finally animate the Moro arc so we can see it show up in the games

Care to share a screen shot? They blocked me because I called them out earlier.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:16 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 am
Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:30 pm https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1684993059707056130

here we go again lol

Care to share a screen shot? They blocked me because I called them out earlier.
"Crunchyroll has worldwide rights to the Dragon Ball Web Anime. (A few other platforms have co-shared rights with Crunchyroll, more information to come)

Between 10 and 15 episodes are planned.
The Anime has been in production since summer 2022, and with each passing month, production has progressed to a higher level.

We don't have any concrete information about the story, so we'll let you know as soon as possible."

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:51 pm

Oh boy, here we go again