"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:47 am

A remake of what exactly?

An OG DB remake has been ruled out already. Does he mean Z?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:44 am

YamiGoku wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:30 pm No one saw the Geekdom stream the other day?

He calims 2 things:

1) The web series is the remake of the anime with no filler

2) DBS wont come back until the web series is done

I know some of the Kanzenshuu users dont like him but i'm surprised no one even mention it.
I think I'm on the same boat now, even if what he says comes true, I got tired of his attitude and unsubbed.
Remake of what anime? DB, DBZ, GT, or Super?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:47 am

YamiGoku wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:30 pm No one saw the Geekdom stream the other day?

He calims 2 things:

He absolutely did not claim the web series is a remake. He said he would like it to be and that it was a rumor.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:24 am

I can safely say, that the beating of dead horse since DB Super ended, continues in the same format.

Christmas is upon us and everyone will be tired from all the rumors not happening again at the end of they year, we will enjoy some tranquility for months, until some anime festival happens or leakers come up with new stories and here we will go again.

As a veteran, this is even crazier than the era of DBAF back in the day.
But at least it is fun and interesting chat outside of some hellbent on things happening and weird conspiration theories about how TOEI works.
There is some ground for fan works happening and let's see what will the manga come up with.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:33 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:24 am I can safely say, that the beating of dead horse since DB Super ended, continues in the same format.

Christmas is upon us and everyone will be tired from all the rumors not happening again at the end of they year, we will enjoy some tranquility for months, until some anime festival happens or leakers come up with new stories and here we will go again.

As a veteran, this is even crazier than the era of DBAF back in the day.
But at least it is fun and interesting chat outside of some hellbent on things happening and weird conspiration theories about how TOEI works.
There is some ground for fan works happening and let's see what will the manga come up with.
I'm 99% sure that the webseries will come out in 2023. It's already in production but it can be cancelled, hence why not 100% sure. I have big faith in Saikyo_Devin.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:44 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:47 am

He calims 2 things:

He absolutely did not claim the web series is a remake. He said he would like it to be and that it was a rumor.
Yeah, like I said in my other post, I made a mistake, sorry
I just made a fast post without double checking something I saw a few days ago and misremember what was his exact words.

I'm gonna double check next time, sorry. :oops:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:33 pm

Apparentely Sand Land web anime will be animated by 3 studios: Sunrise + Kamikaze Douga + Anima. If it's true, good to know Toei staff isn't involved in this.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

YMK_8000
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YMK_8000 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:02 am
But outside of that, it’s all about Goku and nowadays, Goku and Vegeta.
Don’t take me wrong, I get people that want to see more of the side characters, different universes and whatever was hinted during the series’ run. But I doubt what fans do wish for will ever happen.
We see instances of this in US, where filmmakers check the fans wishes and hashtags on twitter, TOEI proved from time to time, that they do not care at all, at least for the western audience.

And personally, I wouldn’t care for side characters and prequels. I would watch it, but don’t think that it can work in series like DB.
for the longest everyone has been complaining about the Goku and Vegeta dynamic Ad nauseam yet when anything be it rumor/ideas or etc comes up about letting others characters or new ones have the spotlight or a side series it’s automatically deemed it would fail.

If the majority of older fans have already written the franchise off why is having spin-offs or letting others side characters have a real spotlight for a change seen as this dark terrible thing “oh this won’t work wahh wahh” that will ruin the franchise if you already have it in your mind beforehand that it’s already been ruined?

Toei should care especially about the West since the US Box office blew the JP one out the fucking water in three days for the last movie.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:53 am

YMK_8000 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am
MCDaveG wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:02 am
But outside of that, it’s all about Goku and nowadays, Goku and Vegeta.
Don’t take me wrong, I get people that want to see more of the side characters, different universes and whatever was hinted during the series’ run. But I doubt what fans do wish for will ever happen.
We see instances of this in US, where filmmakers check the fans wishes and hashtags on twitter, TOEI proved from time to time, that they do not care at all, at least for the western audience.

And personally, I wouldn’t care for side characters and prequels. I would watch it, but don’t think that it can work in series like DB.
for the longest everyone has been complaining about the Goku and Vegeta dynamic Ad nauseam yet when anything be it rumor/ideas or etc comes up about letting others characters or new ones have the spotlight or a side series it’s automatically deemed it would fail.

If the majority of older fans have already written the franchise off why is having spin-offs or letting others side characters have a real spotlight for a change seen as this dark terrible thing “oh this won’t work wahh wahh” that will ruin the franchise if you already have it in your mind beforehand that it’s already been ruined?

Toei should care especially about the West since the US Box office blew the JP one out the fucking water in three days for the last movie.
I am not saying that it will fail, it just won't happen most probably. The biggest sidestory / spin-off kinda we can get is something like Super Hero. But outside of fan-fiction, show, manga or movie about Pride Troopers or farmer with a shotgun won't happen.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:18 am

I'm excited for the Sand Land anime. I'm hoping we one day get an anime for Neko Majin. On the topic of leaks, AnimeAjay is one of the few I would trust since he's a moderator on Kanzenshuu and might be the only one to share his sources. There's also DBShype since he seems to only post early Jump pages.

There was already an announcement that something other than the next manga arc might come this year. It's easy to claim a source told you it'll be announced before the end of the year then argue "plans changed" if it didn't happen. You can't really tell what's based on a source or just a prediction they're claiming is a leak. Especially when they claim have other "scoops" but don't share them. I'm sure we've all met people who claim they can do something really cool then make excuses why they can't do it right now.

It seems more like an attempt to gain subscribers who will wait for you to reveal them eventually and not really honest journalism. I just noticed the way they share information and reply to people questioning them was different than AnimeAjay who was the most honest about it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:03 am

Is the format of the something other specified?
It might be a video game?

But I have enjoyed Sand Land a lot, reading it some years ago when I went to explore Toriyama's manga more outside of DB and Neko Majin.

Actually, I'd love to get Jaco animated. It was weird seeing Bulma's sister and Jaco in both the movie and series and I am not fan of leftovers.
Still, the Pilaf and co. being kids will bug me more, every time I will watch Super!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:29 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:03 am Is the format of the something other specified?
It might be a video game?

But I have enjoyed Sand Land a lot, reading it some years ago when I went to explore Toriyama's manga more outside of DB and Neko Majin.

Actually, I'd love to get Jaco animated. It was weird seeing Bulma's sister and Jaco in both the movie and series and I am not fan of leftovers.
Still, the Pilaf and co. being kids will bug me more, every time I will watch Super!
There's a thread about Sand Land on this very board :
viewtopic.php?t=47818

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:58 pm

So the whole web series stuff was nothing but a rumor, right? :lol:

I don't know why people are still hopeful we might get a new animated series as even though Toei knows this could be good ($$$) for them, they don't want to put effort in something that is still doing all right in the charts. They will keep doing movies once in a while and that's it.

Wow, 8000 posts... it took me more than 4 years to go from 7000 to 8000, I remember when the anime was still airing I could make 1000 posts in a couple of months lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:57 am

Noah wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:58 pm So the whole web series stuff was nothing but a rumor, right? :lol:

I don't know why people are still hopeful we might get a new animated series as even though Toei knows this could be good ($$$) for them, they don't want to put effort in something that is still doing all right in the charts. They will keep doing movies once in a while and that's it.

Wow, 8000 posts... it took me more than 4 years to go from 7000 to 8000, I remember when the anime was still airing I could make 1000 posts in a couple of months lol
You can say the same thing about any other big franchise and yet new animated series continue to be made.

A new Dragon Ball animated project is in production, these things just take time.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:57 amYou can say the same thing about any other big franchise and yet new animated series continue to be made. A new Dragon Ball animated project is in production, these things just take time.
Not really, there's a difference in series like One Piece which it's adaptation will continues until the day it's serialization ends. Pokémon is a special case and I thought they would milk Ash adventures forever, until the day someone there decided to go on another route and I appreciate that.

But DB is a different case, I feel like Toei don't see the need of moving their personal in a weekly routine anymore that could impact in their on-going projects. When they can do this for a couple of months for movies that could or would profit just enough.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:57 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:19 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:57 amYou can say the same thing about any other big franchise and yet new animated series continue to be made. A new Dragon Ball animated project is in production, these things just take time.
Not really, there's a difference in series like One Piece which it's adaptation will continues until the day it's serialization ends. Pokémon is a special case and I thought they would milk Ash adventures forever, until the day someone there decided to go on another route and I appreciate that.

But DB is a different case, I feel like Toei don't see the need of moving their personal in a weekly routine anymore that could impact in their on-going projects. When they can do this for a couple of months for movies that could or would profit just enough.
Well, again as stated, a new Dragon Ball series is in production. They already did with two of their movies, and they will do same with the TV and web series.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:52 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:58 pm So the whole web series stuff was nothing but a rumor, right? :lol:

We will get a new anime. If it's Web or just TV anime I don't know. But it's true once gain some leakers were proven wrong. There was no announcement in late November/early December like some were saying.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

YMK_8000
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YMK_8000 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:24 am

Dragonball is not profitable anymore like it’s crazy nobody finds it odd after how well the Broly did that a new anime series wasn’t immediately started? Because it did just average at the Japan box office ( the one that matters most) all that work they put in and it was just an avg return on profit. Why waste time making somthing that looks good when I’m not gonna get a good return either way.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:58 pm

YMK_8000 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:24 am

Dragonball is not profitable anymore like it’s crazy nobody finds it odd after how well the Broly did that a new anime series wasn’t immediately started? Because it did just average at the Japan box office ( the one that matters most) all that work they put in and it was just an avg return on profit. Why waste time making somthing that looks good when I’m not gonna get a good return either way.
The movies are not the only thing Dragon Ball makes money from. If you read the fiscal year report released by Bandai, you'd be surprised how much profitable Dragon Ball has been.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

YMK_8000
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YMK_8000 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:37 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:58 pm
YMK_8000 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:24 am

The movies are not the only thing Dragon Ball makes money from. If you read the fiscal year report released by Bandai, you'd be surprised how much profitable Dragon Ball has been.
I understand that but when your main product the anime is bombing globally except North America that’s not a good sign in any regard.