Kai Episode 152 (10 May 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 152 (10 May 2015)

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 pm

okay, so I watched 153's preview, and there's extreme motion blurring in the shots where Buu is attacking Vegeta and the camera pans:

Why did they think this was necessary?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

I, for one, think that's perfectly fine. Not on its own obviously, since it's motion blur, but it makes it look even more brutal, and higher level.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:18 am

TheAldella wrote:I, for one, think that's perfectly fine. Not on its own obviously, since it's motion blur, but it makes it look even more brutal, and higher level.
It does kill the key animator's original intentions, though. They probably did it solely for removing anything that can be taken as flashing by the current standards among the Japanese TV industry.

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 am

Kind of a bummer that Hell was left in. If they had left it they could at least have cut the Gozu/Mezu lines about how they know Goku.
Oh well, This hell sequence isn't the first time Toei cuts something earlier in the series and later references it anyway. (Zarbon's line about Freeza's transformation comes to mind)

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 pm

kei17 wrote:
TheAldella wrote:I, for one, think that's perfectly fine. Not on its own obviously, since it's motion blur, but it makes it look even more brutal, and higher level.
It does kill the key animator's original intentions, though. They probably did it solely for removing anything that can be taken as flashing by the current standards among the Japanese TV industry.
I actually didn't even think about preservation. Hah.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:02 am

Anyone has new/different link to the music playd during Vegeta's respect scene? Or knows the title of the track?