Kai Episode 155 (31 May 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 155 (31 May 2015)

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 pm

So since my comment was deleted, I assume there are no legal sites that stream (episode 155 of) Kai similarly to Crunchyroll?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun May 31, 2015 9:14 pm

Are you solely looking for legal streams? Or do you just want to see a recording of it period?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:18 pm

I just want to see it, period. lol.

But I'm sure asking for that is against forum rules.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DefectiveV

Post by DefectiveV » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Next weeks episode (156) will cover all of Z 286, and (that we know of) up to the 8/9 minute mark (Goku launching spirit bomb) of 287.
157 should then be the remainder of 287, and the non filler part of 288 (this is the episode where the second half is Buu's adventures).
That leaves one episode to cut, 158, the full filler episode. Then there are only the 3 episodes of 10 years later. (289-291)
Really doubt even International version would leave those 3 uncut.
Anyone else thinking that maybe it was never meant to be 69 episodes, and might be 68? Maybe international Toei has been wrong too?
Or, hell, they might broadcast an all filler episode and combine Buu's Adventures (287) with Goku and the Dinosaur (288).
Maybe a montage episode? I personally think they're going to incorporate the montage from the last episode of GT, without the GT footage obviously, at the finale, but who knows.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:18 am

^ The episode count for the international version has been stated many times to be 69 episodes, including on official Toei sites.
Plus, the French Blu-ray boxes are meant to be each half of the saga, with the first box having 35 episodes so that the second one will have 34 episodes.
If it had been 68 episodes, the first box would have 34 episodes just like the second one to have perfect halves.
And they can't be mistaken since all of the French episodes have been ready to use from the beginning to the end of the saga for a very long time. They have them all already.

As for the rest, it is likely that the Japanese 20-minutes cut will be all about the ten years later or the big gap.
The earlier an episode would be re-edited, the more episodes left Toei would have to potentially re-edit too.
There's a good chance that the newly-edited episodes will only be at the very end only, removing all of the anime pading and keep it mostly to the exact manga panels, similarly to the first eight episodes of the Boo saga in Japan.
Or, as you implied, one in-between episode of 100% fillers after the final battle against Boo can be removed completely without impacting the manga storyline, which would actually make it very simple for Toei.

This will also break the French simulcast at some point near the end since Japanese and International episodes will not correlate anymore.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:12 pm

DefectiveV wrote:Next weeks episode (156) will cover all of Z 286, and (that we know of) up to the 8/9 minute mark (Goku launching spirit bomb) of 287.
157 should then be the remainder of 287, and the non filler part of 288 (this is the episode where the second half is Buu's adventures).
That leaves one episode to cut, 158, the full filler episode. Then there are only the 3 episodes of 10 years later. (289-291)
Really doubt even International version would leave those 3 uncut.
Anyone else thinking that maybe it was never meant to be 69 episodes, and might be 68? Maybe international Toei has been wrong too?
Or, hell, they might broadcast an all filler episode and combine Buu's Adventures (287) with Goku and the Dinosaur (288).
Maybe a montage episode? I personally think they're going to incorporate the montage from the last episode of GT, without the GT footage obviously, at the finale, but who knows.
What if 1 ep is devoted to recap BOG/ROF? It doesn't seem likely but would make up for a good flow of the story, followed by EOZ and then Super (assuming ofc that Uper takes place after EOZ)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Basaku wrote: What if 1 ep is devoted to recap BOG/ROF? It doesn't seem likely but would make up for a good flow of the story, followed by EOZ and then Super (assuming ofc that Uper takes place after EOZ)
the arc was finished in late 2012-early 2013 which was way before FNF was made so I doubt that's the case.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 pm

^Hold it. How can it recap Resurrection F when the whole thing was completed before the movie was even thought up? And I don't think a Battle of Gods summary is likely. It seems pretty pointless.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm interested to see how they will handle the ending. If it was finished around the same time as BOG, they might have fiddled with the time jump to fit with BOG. Knowing Toei, they probably didn't but it would be interesting if they ended with the defeat of Buu instead of the Tenkaichi Budokai and Uub to flow better with the new movies.

DefectiveV

Post by DefectiveV » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Someone on the "International Ver." forum proposed that the Yo! Son Goku Returns special could be the final episode, or inserted into the Buu Kai. Thoughts?
That would be really fucking rad.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:56 am

DefectiveV wrote:Someone on the "International Ver." forum proposed that the Yo! Son Goku Returns special could be the final episode, or inserted into the Buu Kai. Thoughts?
That would be really fucking rad.
Kai has already been overstepping its bounds by the amount of filler it includes, when the point was to make it as close as possible to the original 42 volumes.

As much as I like that special, it would be all kinds of unfitting, with the newer animation clashing with the Kai footage and Kikuchi score clashing with Sumitomo's. Or worse, a Sumitomo re-score of that special :crazy:

I feel that Kai needs to (and most like will) end with Oob, mirroring Z. What I could see, and would want, for the first episode of Dragon Ball Super is a short series recap before the opening, kinda like the one from the extended version of Battle of Gods, that includes the Jump Special, Battle of Gods, F, and ends with the new Kanzenban ending.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:25 pm

I haven't really watched much of the Japanese version of the Buu arc of Kai (I've seen the openings, the endings, a brief clip of Videl's new voice, and a clip here and there of some of the more iconic scenes...that's it). So I may not be the most qualified to speak on this, but my guess is that since Masatoshi Ono's original English opening for the Buu arc of Kai (back when it was still intended to be just an international production), "Fight It Out," was replaced with a new intro that was in Japanese, "Let It Burn" will likely be replaced with a different piece as well.

Also....question about "Farewell." I don't believe that was on the OST release of the Buu arc that showed up on the French iTunes store. Has there been another OST release? I really like that composition.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:50 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:I haven't really watched much of the Japanese version of the Buu arc of Kai (I've seen the openings, the endings, a brief clip of Videl's new voice, and a clip here and there of some of the more iconic scenes...that's it). So I may not be the most qualified to speak on this, but my guess is that since Masatoshi Ono's original English opening for the Buu arc of Kai (back when it was still intended to be just an international production), "Fight It Out," was replaced with a new intro that was in Japanese, "Let It Burn" will likely be replaced with a different piece as well.

Also....question about "Farewell." I don't believe that was on the OST release of the Buu arc that showed up on the French iTunes store. Has there been another OST release? I really like that composition.
No so far only one ost has been released if another one is eventually released it may be on it because this one goes up to their first successful fusion
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
TheBlackPaladin wrote:I haven't really watched much of the Japanese version of the Buu arc of Kai (I've seen the openings, the endings, a brief clip of Videl's new voice, and a clip here and there of some of the more iconic scenes...that's it). So I may not be the most qualified to speak on this, but my guess is that since Masatoshi Ono's original English opening for the Buu arc of Kai (back when it was still intended to be just an international production), "Fight It Out," was replaced with a new intro that was in Japanese, "Let It Burn" will likely be replaced with a different piece as well.

No so far only one ost has been released if another one is eventually released it may be on it because this one goes up to their first successful fusion
Ok. But then, how did somebody manage to get the audio for this piece and upload it to YouTube without the dialogue and sound effects?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:38 pm

^By isolating it from the voices and SFX, the same way most unreleased material is taken. Granted, the quality won't be as good, especially with web rips like these.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:01 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:

Ok. But then, how did somebody manage to get the audio for this piece and upload it to YouTube without the dialogue and sound effects?
Use audacity
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:36 am

Does anyone know why the hell did Mr. Satan has shrunk in these lastest episodes? I always though he was taller than Goku, and now he is smaller and with a big head, what a...
Last edited by Noah on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Noah wrote:Does anyone know why the hell did Mr. Satan has shrunk in these lastest episodes? I always though he was taller han Goku, and know he is smaller and with a big head, what a...
Yeah, that is hilarious! XD Different animatíon studios, i guess?

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:31 am

Noah wrote:Does anyone know why the hell did Mr. Satan has shrunk in these lastest episodes? I always though he was taller than Goku, and now he is smaller and with a big head, what a...
And now in Super he is again taller than Goku :P

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Dbzejo wrote:
Noah wrote:Does anyone know why the hell did Mr. Satan has shrunk in these lastest episodes? I always though he was taller than Goku, and now he is smaller and with a big head, what a...
And now in Super he is again taller than Goku :P
Yeah, I noted that lol

maybe it was only for comedy scenes, I guess
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?