The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 08, 2023 10:56 pm

What if they brought back the people that #17 and #18 killed in the Cell saga along with the people that Cell killed? What would Dr. Gero do after coming back to life?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue May 09, 2023 2:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:56 pm What if they brought back the people that #17 and #18 killed in the Cell saga along with the people that Cell killed? What would Dr. Gero do after coming back to life?
I really, REALLY don't think that the Z-Fighters would have been stupid enough to have revived Doctor Maki Gero, but they would have tried to revive absolutely all of the good people that Android 18, Android 17, and Imperfect Cell had killed.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 am

In a timeline where Raditz didn't show up and Piccolo somehow killed Goku, would he still try to take Gohan under his own?
She/Her

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:57 pm

How strong Freeza would be if not only he was turned into an android by Gero after Namek, but also he remembers that he could train to explore his full potential?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:37 am

I have a two-part question.

The Minus retcon didn't happen. Both Goku and Raditz have been sent to Earth to conquer it.

First scenario: none of them hit their head. In a recent question, it's been established that Goku alone wouldn't have been able to complete his mission, but what about the two brothers together? Can they take over Earth?

Second scenario: both of them hit their head. Goku can still meet Bulma and whatnot, and when the time comes, how do the two brothers fare against the eventual arrival of Nappa and Vegeta? They had plenty of years to train together, but no dead Goku against Raditz means no Kaioh Ken.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:42 pm

What if Goku was born with the power of SSG?

https://youtu.be/X6uJtbAOC2U

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:40 pm

What if instead of the humans it was Future Trunks, Trunkten (Potara Gotenks fusion so he can last 1 hour) and Majin Boo filling out the ToP? How would this super team fare?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:10 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:40 pm What if instead of the humans it was Future Trunks, Trunkten (Potara Gotenks fusion so he can last 1 hour) and Majin Boo filling out the ToP? How would this super team fare?
I think they would have had a much easier time in the TOP. They would be replacing their weakest links with very strong fighers even if Trunkten is immature like Gotenks I think he would still do better than most of the humans. Then with Majin Boo ability to heal I think Goku may have reached MUI earlier or at least be much stronger and with his full stamina.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:51 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:40 pm What if instead of the humans it was Future Trunks, Trunkten (Potara Gotenks fusion so he can last 1 hour) and Majin Boo filling out the ToP? How would this super team fare?
Trunks gets dqed for time travel. Trunkten is two people and using outside objects.
Buu is part kaioshin/multiple people.

Gotenks would get owned by taking on jiren or something dumb. Freeza couldn't sacrifice the humans to take out 9 and frost at once.

Trunks is ss2 and not that helpful.

Roshi is not there to give his ui pep talk. Everyone dies.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:59 am

What if Raditz actually left when Goku grabbed his tail?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:52 am

Yuji wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:59 am What if Raditz actually left when Goku grabbed his tail?
Vegeta would kill him I'm afraid.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:27 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:59 am What if Raditz actually left when Goku grabbed his tail?
Two possible outcomes:

Radditz tells them to go to Earth. Vegeta and Nappa would probably argee to go because they probably want a good fight. Goku would be much weaker. He probably won't want to use the Room of Spirit and Time due to his bad experince that he already had with it. So one year later, Goku would probably beat Raditz again. Vegeta would kill him which shocks Nappa. Everyone would die pretty quickly with Nappa killing most of them. Even if they beat Nappa, Vegeta would still kill them.

or

Nappa and Vegeta would not care to go to Earth because there is no reason too. With Goku alive, Piccolo didn't mention the Dragon Balls. So they have no reason to care. Goku would end up dying from the heart virus and everyone would be killed off by #17 and #18.
She/Her

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:29 pm

What if, on Namek, instead of Nail assimilating into Piccolo, Piccolo had been assimilated into Nail?
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:25 pm

Power Metal wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:29 pm What if, on Namek, instead of Nail assimilating into Piccolo, Piccolo had been assimilated into Nail?
He stays on Namek and gero absorbs everyone except vegeta before killing vegeta too. Or he kills at least one human. If kuririn goes down then everyone does after fighting 17 and 18

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:45 pm

Power Metal wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:29 pm What if, on Namek, instead of Nail assimilating into Piccolo, Piccolo had been assimilated into Nail?
I guess Kami would disappear as well unless they explain that Kami would not vanish when someone is doing a fusion. On Earth, no one would have been in the way to stop #17 at Kami's House unless someone tries to hold him off until Goku recovers. MasakoX had the idea of Kami restoring his young and training in one of his videos, but I don't see that happening. Kami doesn't come off as someone who wanted to fight again. I think everyone would be the same unless #17 and #18 killed Goku while he was sick. Then no one would have any luck against Cell.

Piccolo's role in the Buu saga, and Super (until SH) would have went to someone else. They would have some issues with Cell Max seeing that you have no one to grow giant to fight him.
She/Her

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:37 pm

Potentially, no Time Travel shenanigans.

Kami would probably trust Nail more than Piccolo and offer to fuse to fight the androids and other future threats.

None of the Z-Fighters would enter the Time Chamber and Gohan would not gain SSJ2.

Everyone dies by Cell when he hatches or Buu.

Time Travel hijinks could occur if the majority of characters get killed off by Cell or Buu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:16 pm

What if Time Travel in DB worked differently? You don't get a new timeline and the other one becomes obsolete when the past is changed too much.
She/Her

YoungDefender

Post by YoungDefender » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:54 pm

Always wondered what an interaction between Gero and Cell would look like. Cell seemed to be proud to be the greatest creation of the great Dr. Gero but at the same time this always seemed to be more self-aggrandizing than out of a genuine reverence for his creator.

I think we would get something different from how 17/18 treated Gero, maybe something closer to how Buu and Babidi go on at the beginning. I can see Cell not being openly hostile or aggressive towards Gero maybe out of some of his Namekian/Saiyan sentimentality towards his "father" but also cannot see him following orders considering the Vegeta/Frieza genes within him.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm

Assuming the sdbh manga CC timeline now go through moro and granolah arcs, hoe do they fair? Vegeta has something close to UE in power before moro, goku has better mastery of UI.

Does this actually make things worse vs moro the first time?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:19 pm

Noah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:57 pm How strong Freeza would be if not only he was turned into an android by Gero after Namek, but also he remembers that he could train to explore his full potential?
Frieza with unlimited stamina would be unstoppable. He could be golden or black permanently if he wanted. Assuming Beerus isn't retconned to be stronger than him again, I think only the Omni King could stop him. If we literally just take Namek Saga Frieza and give him an Android boost, I think he'd be Buu tier.

The Super Ghost Kamikaze and Galactic Donuts would be incredible in a Battle Royale setting. Same with Buu's candy beam and healing. I think the fusion and Buu would be eliminated before Aniraza though. Those tricks are only going to last for so long before the other teams notice and Jiren steps in.

I think that Sniper Duo, the Duck fighter, and the lady that manipulates darkness would be a huge problem for the team as well. If that Sniper duo is still around during the invisible fighter's mischief, they could eliminate a crucial member.

I think Nail would want to stay on Namek, but he would still come to Earth to help out during emergencies. I'm sure someone would fill him in on the Cell games, Buu, and the Tournament of Power.

Some specific events I think would be different:
- The Earth loses intel about Cell since Imperfect Cell doesn't fight Piccolo
- Piccolo doesn't fight 17, so Cell isn't alerted of 17 and 18's location.
- Dabura spits on the Supreme Kai.
- Roshi, Krillin, or Yamcha take on the mentor role for Gottenks
- Gohan is less motivated.

The Cell Max story would be interesting. You would probably have Gamma 2 fight Buu instead of Piccolo. The Cell Max event is a lot difficult since the Red Ribbon Army won't be infiltrated. Cell Max will be intelligent. They'll need help from Goku, Vegeta, Broly. Maybe a reappearance of Gogeta?

YoungDefender wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:54 pm Always wondered what an interaction between Gero and Cell would look like. Cell seemed to be proud to be the greatest creation of the great Dr. Gero but at the same time this always seemed to be more self-aggrandizing than out of a genuine reverence for his creator.

I think we would get something different from how 17/18 treated Gero, maybe something closer to how Buu and Babidi go on at the beginning. I can see Cell not being openly hostile or aggressive towards Gero maybe out of some of his Namekian/Saiyan sentimentality towards his "father" but also cannot see him following orders considering the Vegeta/Frieza genes within him.
Like King Cold and Frieza? Gero might be a little more anxious once Cell becomes disobedient. I see Cell keeping him alive because Gero feeds his ego.