"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:09 pm

A transformation I never see in games that would be interesting:

False Super Saiyan Goku, have him transform into that on Namek instead of SSJ against Frieza.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:41 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:03 pm It always amuse me that a 2015 game it is still releasing content to this day instead of producing the damn sequel.
Not the only game to do so. Skyrim keeps releasing new updates (even added fishing not too long ago), came out in 2011, and the sequel was only JUST announced to even be in development about a year ago. And by that, I mean probably not even doing any of the actual programming stuff. Just brainstorming. And that's after a decade.

GTA 5 sometimes gets a bit of new content. But, not even a peep of GTA 6.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:41 pm
Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:03 pm It always amuse me that a 2015 game it is still releasing content to this day instead of producing the damn sequel.
Not the only game to do so. Skyrim keeps releasing new updates (even added fishing not too long ago), came out in 2011, and the sequel was only JUST announced to even be in development about a year ago. And by that, I mean probably not even doing any of the actual programming stuff. Just brainstorming. And that's after a decade.

There was a recent leak of GTA 6. Before that, we were told that the game would feature a male and a female player characters, inspired by Bonnie and Clyde, and that the setting would be Vice City. Also, GTAV has been rereleased more than once, and they've been milking GTA Online for all it's worth.

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:30 pm

It’s very rare that they would announce it’s in development without a proof of concept, so I’m certain development is way further along than you expect. They wouldn’t get a salary if they spent a year just brainstorming. :)

It kinda baffles me that they can keep shitting out FIFA’s every single year, virtually a copy and paste game that can really benefit in constant updates, and then we have stuff like XV2, GTA5, Skyrim, etc that are on the complete opposite ends of the scale.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 pm

FatLee wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:30 pm

It’s very rare that they would announce it’s in development without a proof of concept, so I’m certain development is way further along than you expect. They wouldn’t get a salary if they spent a year just brainstorming. :)

It kinda baffles me that they can keep shitting out FIFA’s every single year, virtually a copy and paste game that can really benefit in constant updates, and then we have stuff like XV2, GTA5, Skyrim, etc that are on the complete opposite ends of the scale.
Madden NFL is in the same boat as FIFA. Only difference is the rosters are a bit different, but gameplay really isn't.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:08 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 pm
FatLee wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Madden NFL is in the same boat as FIFA. Only difference is the rosters are a bit different, but gameplay really isn't.
But the thing is, that soccer and sports are infinitely more popular than Dragon Ball... it's basically the same fantasy for people, playing with their favorite players same way, that DB fans want to clash with their favorite characters and create what if scenarios.

If Dragon Ball was as popular as soccer, we might have Budokai Tenkaichi 12/Sparking! Neo Turbo 22 by now and continuous series like Pokemon. Sure, it's like comparing apples and oranges and it is a nonsense on many levels, but it's similar like saying, NHL and FIFA have the same game each year and it is the same, we still have game released in 2015.
XV2 lifespan is an anomaly, it is surprising... also on many levels. Like it's a cool cash grab without the need to spend tons of money on full game as I see it now after years.

But yeah, I share the same sentiment, that they should can XV2 with all it's broken gameplay and focus on some new major game, instead of releasing two characters per half a year. Hopefully they do.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:47 pm

It sounds like the DLC will be: Gamma 1 & 2 and Base Gohan (Super Hero)

I guess Gohan does have a different hairstyle in Super Hero, but I hate how Dimps makes what could be a costume into a separate character slot.

I thought that they would've had Potential Unleashed Piccolo as the 3rd Character, I guess that'll be in the next DLC instead.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:51 am

Maybe they'll surprise us and have Gohan able to transform. If not to Beast form, then at least Super Saiyan.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:03 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:51 am Maybe they'll surprise us and have Gohan able to transform. If not to Beast form, then at least Super Saiyan.
He can transform into his Potential Unleash state. His base form and Potential Unleash state have different hairstyle as shown in the trailer when he arrives and then transforms with a new animation. His base form model also wears glasses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-az71-7_0

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:06 am

Nice, milking without justice set...

I was at least expecting to get both Gammas for sure, not really a fan of these characters except for their characterization and story in the movie, but not really excited about them in video game.
I hoped to get new Piccolo with transformation, or as Piccolo is already in the game with several slots, in pack 2 to get the Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan plus some character from the original, for example, Semi Perfect Cell or something.

But I am not surprised, at least this Gohan has a transformation in comparison to the legendary ROF Gohan, which is pretty much useless character in roster and is there just for the sake of story mode and skin.

This game is so unballanced roster wise, you have first and final form Freeza, but here goes another Gohan, just with different hairstyle and boots from his early Buu era. We have three Gogetas already, getting Blue from the movie and after it, just the base one that can go SSJ.
It's starting to get rudiculous to pay for this aside from original characters with distinctive designs like Gammas.

Imagine having the Saiyan and human characters that change clothing and hairstyle in the anime over time and have the option to do so for them in versus roster with the clothing that is already in the game!
You could have Yadrat Goku, EoZ Goku, GT Goku and could change their super attacks... Sure, we have something like that in Time Nest, but it is seriously limited and you can't have Yadrat Goku or ROF Goku (who is there just in base form as separate character!!!), or you have to choose if you want to have EOZ or Broly jacket Goku, not both.

Same could be done with Gohan, Piccolo boots, blue gi, new hairstyle, done.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:48 am

I would think a movie-related Gohan would be able to transform into Beast Gohan?
What's the point if he doesnt?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:52 am

Jord wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:48 am I would think a movie-related Gohan would be able to transform into Beast Gohan?
Mr. Krabs: "Money!"
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:34 am

Jord wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:48 am I would think a movie-related Gohan would be able to transform into Beast Gohan?
Because then they'd have to program in an actual new unique Transformation for Gohan with it's own new Effects, duh. :shh:

I'm not even mad we got a new Gohan (I'm the biggest Gohan-Fan there is) and he "only" uses Potential Unleashed. I wouldn't be surprised though if he had two Slots again, one with the Super-Saiyajin-Transformations and one with Potential Unleashed.
And after seeing the Movie I even started to like the Gammas (before that I really didn't care, because we knew nothing about them).

The next DLC will probably be a new Base Piccolo with Potential Unlocked (not Unleashed) as Transformation, Orange Piccolo (as Base) and Gohan Beast (as Base). Thus making it three Characters again. Cell Max will probably just be a Quest Boss.

At this Point though, I'd really prefer if Gohan's Potential Unleashed was just another Transformation-Level after SSJ und SSJ2 (just make it his "SSJ3", except it looks different), so you didn't have to pick between either.
Would be could in a XV3 if we could make some Sort of "Tree" with multiple Transformations. Like I can pick 4 Slots: SSJ, SSJ2, God, Blue. Or SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4. And then it just depends how much Ki I have gathered in a Match, like we already have with the basic Super-Saiyajin in XV2.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 pm

The answer to this question is the exact same answer to the question: "Why are Bojack/#13 first forms in the game but not their transformations?" The roster logic for this game has always been rather goofy. For example, there's no reason GT Trunks and #17 (DBS) couldn't just have been costumes with their own moves for the existing characters, same as this Gohan who appears to be only able to use the same forms as his standard Z incarnation (unless it's just Ultimate form, which would be lame). I expect Beast Gohan to just be a separate character in the second pack, probably with Orange Piccolo.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:25 am

I expected the third character to be Ultimate Piccolo. It made a lot more sense than Gohan, who could've just been a costume...

Super weird.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 am

Draconic wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:25 am I expected the third character to be Ultimate Piccolo. It made a lot more sense than Gohan, who could've just been a costume...

Super weird.
I suppose they just wanted to give Gohan a new character model to match his Movie version's likeness since this DBS one has different hair, different eyes, different eyebrows and different body proportions.
https://i.gyazo.com/b4aab4a116341630649 ... af0cef.png

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:28 pm

Issei189 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 am
Draconic wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:25 am I expected the third character to be Ultimate Piccolo. It made a lot more sense than Gohan, who could've just been a costume...

Super weird.
I suppose they just wanted to give Gohan a new character model to match his Movie version's likeness since this DBS one has different hair, different eyes, different eyebrows and different body proportions.
https://i.gyazo.com/b4aab4a116341630649 ... af0cef.png
The new model does look better

I hate Gohan's model so much lol

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:30 pm

Is there a chance that Xenoverse 3 could come out in 2023 rather than 2024?
I assumed Breakers was going to be the 2023 game but apparently that not the case since it was just released today(i haven't been following this game lol)

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:32 pm

shadd21 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:30 pm Is there a chance that Xenoverse 3 could come out in 2023 rather than 2024?
I assumed Breakers was going to be the 2023 game but apparently that not the case since it was just released today(i haven't been following this game lol)
I have a hunch that Next-Gen Kakarot is the 2023 game

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:07 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:32 pm
shadd21 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:30 pm Is there a chance that Xenoverse 3 could come out in 2023 rather than 2024?
I have a hunch that Next-Gen Kakarot is the 2023 game
I doubt that because it's just an enhanced port of a game from almost 3 years ago with a new DLC coming out soon after.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs