"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:56 am

The official DB Website confirms that DBS Gohan has a new animation on his Potential Unleash skill where he would take off his glasses and transfrom
https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1435.html

And This V-Jump Scan also shows that animation

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:23 am

I guess that the past times of new installments every year are kind of over. Times have changed.
In the past, the new installment were mostly a bit revamped game with what we call DLC today.

Nowadays, you have a core game, that gets updated from gameplay standpoint up to getting new stories or game modes and new characters, that you can download instantly, instead of going into the physical store of the past to get datadisc or "new game".
It makes the games still relevenat with all it's upsides and downsides and grants developers never ending possibility to earn more money from already released game and it's up to them how much and how long will they support such game based on the performance.
Another upside for developer in physical world. You don't have to do a full scale marketing, press and promo for a new title/sequel, as there is already some familiarity with released product and usually, the fans and players are following updates and news for the game.
Not taking in account, that the games already ride on beloved and successful franchise in the first place.

But I wholeheartedly agree, that XV2 is really old by now, the gameplay needs a massive overhaul, which they ignore for sake of adding in slate of hyped-up skins as DLC, with PQs being a simple scenario with bit of a text context and few extra dialogue boxes.
I would actually liked a sequel of sorts, that revamps the gameplay in a big deal and remakes the visuals as well. Still, I consider Ultimate Tenkaichi to look far superior than XV2 in terms of visuals even today and even Raging Blast looked a bit better to me. It lies more in the art direction department.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:25 am

I wonder if PS5 is capable of rendering the XV2-Cutscene graphics but in real time, so that these kind of models could be used for gameplay purposes:
That'd be a dream come true.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:25 am I wonder if PS5 is capable of rendering the XV2-Cutscene graphics but in real time, so that these kind of models could be used for gameplay purposes:
That'd be a dream come true.
It would be. So would the Series X & S. The only question is, would they go in that direction? Considering how Dimps seems to wanna do the graphics of these games nowadays, I doubt they're gonna do that. I'm pretty sure they did them like that in the first place to save time on doing them.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:59 pm

I loved this game when it first came out, but I haven't played it in a few years now, and it's shocking to me that it's still getting DLCs instead of a sequel. At first, I found it refreshing that they were continuing to support the game, instead of abandoning it in favor of something new, but it has become overwhelming and expensive to catch up now. When I try to get back into the game, I basically have to relearn how to play, and that's something I'm much more willing to do for a new game than for an old one I haven't picked up in 2+ years. If I open it now, I feel like I'd be overwhelmed with all the new content, and yet, I'd still be unable to match with people online for any of it.

Also, there have been some things added that I just don't care about. Namely, the figure collecting thing, where you upgrade characters, position them on a grid based on their abilities, and watch them battle automatically. It's this whole complex thing with its own strategies and mechanics. Why did they bother with that? That had to have taken considerable time and effort to implement, but does anybody care about it? They did the same thing with Legends, with the Tournament of Power mode. It's like a completely different game within the game I actually care about. Why do they keep doing that?

You know what kind of thing I would care about? How about letting us customize the colors of all the equipment? There's a mod that lets you do that, but it breaks every time the game gets an update, and I don't know what my character looks like to everyone else. Just make it part of the game. That would be much more worthy of development time and resources. Or give us swords we can actually use in battle instead of just decorating our backs, or Saiyan tails that move and aren't part of a costume, or NPCs being able to transform outside of scripted moments, or any of the countless other things fans have been asking for.

I think the main reason I've lost interest is because of what the DLCs tend to focus on. The main appeals of the game, to me at least, are (1) the ability to create and customize my own character in the Dragon Ball universe, and (2) traveling through time as history is manipulated. The DLCs focus on adding new characters, which are nice, but they shouldn't be the main focus. If I wanted to fight Super Broly with Ultra Instinct Goku, I'd play FighterZ. Aside from new clothing options that can't be customized, a couple new Super Saiyan transformations that make other races even more obsolete, and some new attacks, the updates and DLCs really didn't add much for character customization. And when it comes to stories, half of the DLCs come with none, and the other half come with these boring, short experiences that mostly amount to, "Hey! That guy's not supposed to be here! Oh no! Now they have a dark aura! Oo!" The adventures NPC Time Patrollers describe themselves having are more interesting than what we get. The DLC with Fu was the only one I'm aware of that added any story that was worth experiencing, and we actually got to have influence on where the story went. More of that, please! Why isn't that the norm for these DLCs?

I'm really hoping they're holding out on the good stuff for the sequel. But if they are, that's even less reason for me to invest money in XV2. lol

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:08 pm

Oh my lord, this looks SO gorgeous. I wish Dimps would just retexture the game already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYyCsmzl8M
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:10 pm

If Orange Piccolo is indeed the next DLC I may consider buying it... but I have my doubts it would be worth it. I really wish the story actually progressed for once like on the first Fu DLC rather than just being random one-offs like the Dabura and Bardock ones, which were even more annoying by them purpousedly acting like they were leading somewhere.

Have not bought a single one of them since said Fu DLC but with my partner getting into the game, it seems like a good time to give it a bit more of play. Not like they are going to move on to a new entry anytime soon lol
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:30 pm

Gamma 1, 2, and Ultimate Gohan arrive on the 10th.
Gohan apparently only turns Ultimate, no Beast form. At least, not confirmed.

Yellow and Orange Piccolo will have to wait, I guess.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:54 pm

Really not sure why they bothered with this version of Gohan, he really could've been a costume for the mentor version; and all of his moves are recycled. Only difference his version of Super Dragon Flight is some weird version.

Next pack has Orange Piccolo, probably Gohan Beast and then 2 more characters.

Could be Potential Unleashed Piccolo, any combination of the Z-Fighters that came to help out against Cell Max ( 18, Krillin, Fat Gotenks, Pan) OR if we're lucky, we could get some wild card characters. Similar to how Bojack came with Zamasu or how Kefla and Baby showed up together. Focusing on patterns we have, we're possibly looking at: #19, #20 ( Could tie into RR resurgence ), Spopovich and Yamu ( Breakers tie-in ). For what few characters we're missing, we have Garlic Jr., Transformed Bojack/13, Hatchiyack, Bio-Broly ( I could see dumb story quest where Broly gets messed up because of Ki or whatever)

Manga characters are off the table I believe, but who knows.

tl;dr I'm waiting for the next pack so I can snag the bundle.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:55 pm

Gonna pass on this DLC honestly cuz it doesn't have an Extra Mission

I like Gamma 1 & 2 but not enough to make me buy a DLC pack.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am

I will wait how the second DLC and possible announcement on this game being/or stop being supported turn out afterwards, as I did buy the last DLC, but I am already fatigued by this game. I'd rather shelve out some money on cheap indie game, than DLC in a game that will entertain me for an hour and just because it is Dragon Ball and sense of novelty and then I will put it back into case.

And don't let me start on those abysmal Parallel Quests with armored enemies, the overall dumbness of AI assistance, or worse, when you have to protect some character. Combined with versus gameplay, instead of being a small afterwork franchise fun, it is depressing and not rewarding to play anymore.

I am honestly excited and looking forward to Kakarot's DLC!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:22 pm

Yeah I don't think I'll buy this one either.

Not just because I'm not interested in a non-BEAST Gohan, but the mechanics of this game are still so flawed that I don't even get a kick out of it, and last only 2 hours at most playing this outdated game, and I only do that when there's a DLC and I try the new characters.

I guess it bored me beyond just wanting, and getting, new characters. The game itself is too predictable and its shortcomings have become too obnoxious.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:22 pm

I need to play this again. An update switched out my xenoverse 1 hero awhile ago and it killed some of y momentum for the game. My brother still plays though.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:23 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help me on Xbox to level up, I lost my save file, it wasn't backed up on the cloud.

That one Broly mission goes pretty fast but I don't have that unlocked.

My gamertag is neoncat5865

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:58 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:59 pm I loved this game when it first came out, but I haven't played it in a few years now, and it's shocking to me that it's still getting DLCs instead of a sequel. At first, I found it refreshing that they were continuing to support the game, instead of abandoning it in favor of something new, but it has become overwhelming and expensive to catch up now. When I try to get back into the game, I basically have to relearn how to play, and that's something I'm much more willing to do for a new game than for an old one I haven't picked up in 2+ years. If I open it now, I feel like I'd be overwhelmed with all the new content, and yet, I'd still be unable to match with people online for any of it.

Also, there have been some things added that I just don't care about. Namely, the figure collecting thing, where you upgrade characters, position them on a grid based on their abilities, and watch them battle automatically. It's this whole complex thing with its own strategies and mechanics. Why did they bother with that? That had to have taken considerable time and effort to implement, but does anybody care about it? They did the same thing with Legends, with the Tournament of Power mode. It's like a completely different game within the game I actually care about. Why do they keep doing that?

You know what kind of thing I would care about? How about letting us customize the colors of all the equipment? There's a mod that lets you do that, but it breaks every time the game gets an update, and I don't know what my character looks like to everyone else. Just make it part of the game. That would be much more worthy of development time and resources. Or give us swords we can actually use in battle instead of just decorating our backs, or Saiyan tails that move and aren't part of a costume, or NPCs being able to transform outside of scripted moments, or any of the countless other things fans have been asking for.

I think the main reason I've lost interest is because of what the DLCs tend to focus on. The main appeals of the game, to me at least, are (1) the ability to create and customize my own character in the Dragon Ball universe, and (2) traveling through time as history is manipulated. The DLCs focus on adding new characters, which are nice, but they shouldn't be the main focus. If I wanted to fight Super Broly with Ultra Instinct Goku, I'd play FighterZ. Aside from new clothing options that can't be customized, a couple new Super Saiyan transformations that make other races even more obsolete, and some new attacks, the updates and DLCs really didn't add much for character customization. And when it comes to stories, half of the DLCs come with none, and the other half come with these boring, short experiences that mostly amount to, "Hey! That guy's not supposed to be here! Oh no! Now they have a dark aura! Oo!" The adventures NPC Time Patrollers describe themselves having are more interesting than what we get. The DLC with Fu was the only one I'm aware of that added any story that was worth experiencing, and we actually got to have influence on where the story went. More of that, please! Why isn't that the norm for these DLCs?

I'm really hoping they're holding out on the good stuff for the sequel. But if they are, that's even less reason for me to invest money in XV2. lol
I’ve lost almost all interest in XV2. I haven’t played it in years and nothing they’ve added since has encouraged me to play again. It’s a shame because the basic concept of the series is so full of potential that they are just not living up to for reasons I can’t begin to imagine. I mean, changing costume colors sound so basic, and you can do it—for NON-original characters. I just don’t understand.

And really, at this point if XV3 isn’t a major overhaul I probably wouldn’t invest in that. I don’t want this to sound like a hate post. I enjoyed XV1 and 2. I just wanna say I’m kind of in the same boat as you, and have gotten kinda seasick as a result for being on it for so long. Lol

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:05 pm

Has anybody played the new DLC? I've read 0 opinions about it.

No Beast Gohan, right?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:56 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:05 pm Has anybody played the new DLC? I've read 0 opinions about it.

No Beast Gohan, right?
Only Son Gohan's Base Form and Hidden Potential Unleashed form from DBS: SH, Gamma One from DBS: SH, and Gamma Two from DBS: SH have been included so far in the form of actual characters from DBS: SH, but Orange Piccolo had been teased for a future DLC Pack for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 too.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:29 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:56 pm Only Son Gohan's Base Form and Hidden Potential Unleashed form from DBS: SH, Gamma One from DBS: SH, and Gamma Two from DBS: SH have been included so far in the form of actual characters from DBS: SH, but Orange Piccolo had been teased for a future DLC Pack for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 too.
This is what kinda gets me. None of their DLC releases make sense besides trying to capitalize on the latest thing. What really gets me is I don't care about Super Hero. I have many problems with the films story, art direction and character designs. But I'll leave that to the Movie thread. The main thing about XV2 that grinds my gears is how much they're still leaving out and not giving us. Such as;

Saonel and Pilina from the Universe 6 team. Base DBZ Broly with SSJ form. Base DBS Broly that transforms to Wrath then SSJ. Base Toppo. Pride Trooper Cocotte and perhaps other Universe 11 Troopers. Super Android 13. Giant Form Slug.
Base Form Kale and Caulifla, with transformations into Berserker SSJ and SSJ respectively. And there's certainly much more I can say. I'd rather they focus on actually giving the characters in the game already everything they should have, instead of taking the easy route of half-assedly adding new characters they don't need to put much effort into.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:14 pm

That's the problem, as the initial concept of Xenoverse is flawed to begin with. The only transformation you get is hair swap for Saiyans, but for characters that change body size, they are separate characters. Basically, the whole roster is made in the same customizable way your CAC is, with just Buu and Namekian swapping models and sizes, but everyone else is recolor.

So basically the wildest transformation in the game might be the recent Gohan, but everything else is in the easy and cheap way that the game is built on.
My most favorite thing were the transformations in Raging Blast series. Like Cooler for example.
Xenoverse got a huge following for basically just making your unique character, but everything else for me is stepdown from Raging Blast series... from character models, transformations but even the combat system and that the game are basically avatars with separate roster of attacks that can be assigned to anyone and costumes. And that's it!
A valid point that many people point out is that the characters have locked customization in roster because they are basically a story mode NPCs and one of the strongest features of this game would have been a huge what if customization option, where you could assign everything to anyone.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:50 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:29 am
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:56 pm Only Son Gohan's Base Form and Hidden Potential Unleashed form from DBS: SH, Gamma One from DBS: SH, and Gamma Two from DBS: SH have been included so far in the form of actual characters from DBS: SH, but Orange Piccolo had been teased for a future DLC Pack for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 too.
This is what kinda gets me. None of their DLC releases make sense besides trying to capitalize on the latest thing. What really gets me is I don't care about Super Hero. I have many problems with the films story, art direction and character designs. But I'll leave that to the Movie thread. The main thing about XV2 that grinds my gears is how much they're still leaving out and not giving us. Such as;

Saonel and Pilina from the Universe 6 team. Base DBZ Broly with SSJ form. Base DBS Broly that transforms to Wrath then SSJ. Base Toppo. Pride Trooper Cocotte and perhaps other Universe 11 Troopers. Super Android 13. Giant Form Slug.
Base Form Kale and Caulifla, with transformations into Berserker SSJ and SSJ respectively. And there's certainly much more I can say. I'd rather they focus on actually giving the characters in the game already everything they should have, instead of taking the easy route of half-assedly adding new characters they don't need to put much effort into.
I completely and utterly agree with absolutely everything that you have said, Zelvin.