"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue May 09, 2023 10:44 am

DLC Gohan Beast trailer/launch trailer, releases this Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WryhHxqKkBY

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue May 09, 2023 8:20 pm

I haven't played in years yet the latest pack does look pretty cool, but since I'm always disappointed on the story not moving at all I will probably end ignoring this one too, even if it has Orange Piccolo.

Wake me up when Fuu actually does something on this continuity please...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed May 10, 2023 1:09 am

Man, it's pretty cool they went the extra mile for Super Hero and basically added all the major new characters and forms. Wish they did the same for Broly. It would've been cool to at least get his Wrath form.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 am

MisteryOne wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:20 pm I haven't played in years yet the latest pack does look pretty cool, but since I'm always disappointed on the story not moving at all I will probably end ignoring this one too, even if it has Orange Piccolo.

I feel like that won't happen as long as they have more DBS characters and DBS stories to adapt from the new upcoming movies. So They will have this version of Fuu keep messing around because this game could last for another 5 years.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu May 11, 2023 9:52 am

Issei189 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 am
MisteryOne wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:20 pm I haven't played in years yet the latest pack does look pretty cool, but since I'm always disappointed on the story not moving at all I will probably end ignoring this one too, even if it has Orange Piccolo.

I feel like that won't happen as long as they have more DBS characters and DBS stories to adapt from the new upcoming movies. So They will have this version of Fuu keep messing around because this game could last for another 5 years.
The thing is, they could still do a main plot while adapting the new stories. The base game already had us going from the usual Raditz to Buu stories while still having a plot of some sorts: Mira and Towa wanting ro revive the Demon Realm.

Here Fuu is collecting energy for...what reason? Why are we even stopping him if he will always reset the history anyways, without doing any true demage? In the Infinite History DLC he at least had been around for such a short time I could buy the Kaioshins thinking he is a danger. But by now? He never shows or hints at any clear goal. It feels the developers are just stalling for time. They even had Dabura come back to just die to Goku!

The what-ifs are cool but at this point are just PQ with cutscenes.

Speaking of PQ, lmao at the interactions between Gohan/Piccolo and thd GT SS4s. I know a lot ñf people would be way too annoyed for those
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri May 12, 2023 11:12 pm

My character was selected as one of the second Super Fashion Contest winners. I bought this game after seeing the last one during the Battle Hour just to enter this. Here is my Psaro-style Paikuhan race character.

I won't get the art until like November.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat May 13, 2023 7:34 am

Nice job! :clap:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 13, 2023 10:02 am

Congratulations, he looks great! And your short story is inspiring :angel:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:33 pm

Too bad they didn't use #13 and Super 17 for the story mode. You could have done something with those cyborgs.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun May 14, 2023 1:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:33 pm Too bad they didn't use #13 and Super 17 for the story mode. You could have done something with those cyborgs.
I just hope the 3rd game borrows a lot from Dragon Ball Heroes, like in Heroes I think Super 17 absorbs 18, Cell and 16

Stuff like that is what's missing from Xenoverse.

I hope future DLCs start to get some what if Transformations. The thing I want the most is Adult Gotenks or Xeno Goku

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 15, 2023 9:16 am

I liked the new DLC I felt bad for 16 or Gamma2.

I wonder what Fuu will do with the energy, the morally ambiguous XV2 Fuu is so much more interesting then all the other generic villain versions.

He seems to be getting effected by outright hero's as well as not liking downer timelines especially.
I like how the MC is not ratting Fu out even kinda agreeing with Fu over the TP it's kinda neat and understated.

Also there are now three leftover plot threads/sequel hooks.

Chronoa was interested in an timespace tournament I think.
And in this DLC she likes the idea of creating a "peaceful timeline".
At the end of the base game, Toki laid an egg which should create a new time line, in addition to the ring ones. Wonder if these get their own rings or only Chronoa and co can access them.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 15, 2023 10:03 am

TobyS wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:16 am And in this DLC she likes the idea of creating a "peaceful timeline".
This is DB, the only peaceful timeline is where everyone is allowed to punch each other freely :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:50 pm

She/Her

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon May 15, 2023 8:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:50 pm XV3 leak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFSH3upUSs
I thought about posting this earlier but the thing is, it could easily be a slip up. Or the alternative is if they are going to make a Xenoverse 3 in the future (which I do think is likely), they would use some of Burcol's suggestions in the game.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:47 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:50 pm XV3 leak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFSH3upUSs
I thought about posting this earlier but the thing is, it could easily be a slip up. Or the alternative is if they are going to make a Xenoverse 3 in the future (which I do think is likely), they would use some of Burcol's suggestions in the game.
Or it's fake. I'm really skeptical, just seems too good to be true. The message itself sounds weird, even for marketing speak, I don't see Bandai emailing a youtuber (is Burcol even that big a youtuber? Has anyone else recieved a personalized message for submitting feedback to Bandai?) about their feedback, I kind of doubt a Bandai Employee casually dropping a game announcement even as a slip up, and nothing in the video really proves this is a legit email.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 16, 2023 1:06 pm

I don't see XV3 happening anytime soon with a new Sparking game coming out.
She/Her

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 16, 2023 1:10 pm

May be fake, but I don't doubt XV3 is on the way. They could only milk XV2 for so long...right? I'm hoping with Budokai Tenkaichi 4 also being on the way, they will reasses their priorities for XV3. I always considered Xenoverse to be like a spiritual successor to Budokai Tenkaichi. They both have similar battle mechanics and a large roster of playable characters. Now maybe they'll focus on the things that make Xenoverse more unique. Namely the CaC and the premise of the timeline being changed. So far, IMO, Xenoverse hasn't lived up to its potential. The DLC with new characters and no new story especially feel like they completely missed the point. And FFS, why do they keep releasing new clothing with no customization options? I shouldn't need a mod to change the colors on my clothes.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Tue May 16, 2023 4:04 pm

I really enjoyed this DLC with superheros, specially the part where Gamma 2 calls Fu Doctor Fu and when he thinks that C-16 is making fun of him, and the interaction between Fu and Dr. Hedo, ahah. I still don't know Fu's real intentions here, he seems more affected by what's going on (e.g. when C-16 or Gamma 2 sacrifice themselves) than his SDBH counterpart. I just hope we will learn what's he is really up to and that he's a nice fellow deep down and that he will stop messing around with timelines one day, even if it's not causing any real harm.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 17, 2023 7:54 am

In the trailer, there were story cutscenes with those nice renders that look beautiful in comparison to the middle age gen of XV2
but I haven't seen story in the content, just PQs. Is there story?

I hope that this is the last DLC that I will buy as a completionist and will try it out later, as I jumped into PS5 and will focus on new games.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed May 17, 2023 3:14 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:54 am In the trailer, there were story cutscenes with those nice renders that look beautiful in comparison to the middle age gen of XV2
but I haven't seen story in the content, just PQs. Is there story?

I hope that this is the last DLC that I will buy as a completionist and will try it out later, as I jumped into PS5 and will focus on new games.
You have to go into the Time Nest, there's extra missions

You should get a cutscene and then be able to interact with a time rift and play the DLC story