Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nward50987

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by nward50987 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:04 pm

roseofpain wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:12 pm On a different topic...

I hope when Z Recut is done, it doesn't have that many fillers left in. As much as I'd like to see something like Kai with the original soundtrack, I already know it isn't really possible unless you were working with a clean audio channel to cut the scenes.

If anything, a version of Kai Recut with the Z opening/endings is fine with me.
Yeah. I hope so too. Doing Z is very hard though. Especially with the 2005 Z Dub and the Kikuchi Score. Because, cutting in some places the music will get sort of wonky and cut off in some places. And in the Z dub they, well, talk WAYY too much. I have done EP 24 and 25 of Z and cut it up into a recut based on MIlkman's Kai recut + Color Corrected it. If you're interested just PM me. (Not trying to promote my recut or do anything like that.)

Clemsi

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Clemsi » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:53 am

I just finished translating the episode 82 of Dragon Ball Recut in french, which corresponds to the end of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc and to the end of Dragon Ball Recut !

Dragon Ball Recut now has french subtitles that I retimed so they don't stay on screen for too long or a few seconds before a character speaks, if you know what I mean.
Doing that was a pain in the ass, but I think it was worth it.

But since Dragon Ball Recut V3 with better encoding, new Broadcast Audio tracks and corrected colors has not been released yet, I am going to watch all the episodes with aegisub to correct the subtitles errors, and maybe stylise the episodes titles and translate some attacks.

Milkman, Do you think I have the time to do that ?
I don't know if I should give you the french subtitles now or not because I don't know if you will agree to reupload the V3 with my subtitles...

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:00 am

roseofpain wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:09 pm
Shaddy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:09 pm
intrazar wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:53 pm @milkman where are uuuuu
Ajay wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 pm He's waiting for SoM to finish their colour correction project before finishing Z and releasing the final version of DB Recut.
Shaddy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:34 am
FeatsofPower wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:00 am What's SoM recoloring project? Is that being done here?
That'd be Seed of Might.
The color corrections look impressive. Where did you hear that Milkman was waiting for it to finish?
Found it
IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 am Not rude at all; I know a lot of people are more interested in Z than Kai. I briefly started work on it a while back, but haven't touched it since. Initially that was due to exhaustion, but now the biggest reason I haven't started working on it again is because I want to wait for full properly color-corrected video to be available for the whole series before I do it. I really just want to edit Z once, complete with broadcast audio and properly colored video. Having to completely replace audio and/or video from an already completed project is not fun, and something I wish to avoid in the future. I know there is currently a team of dedicated fans working hard on color-correcting the entire thing, so I'll wait for that.

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:41 am

I just hope I won't have to retime the french subtitles when Milkman will release the V3 of Dragon Ball Recut with the corrected colors.
I have been told that the video montage will not change, but if Milkman can confirm it, that would be reassuring.

And how Milkman is going to make the V3 with corrected colors and the new Broadcast Audio tracks without reencoding and losing quality ?
Did he reencode when he added the first Broadcast Audio tracks to the V2 of Dragon Ball Recut ?
I don't know how Vegas works.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Honestly, while I’m happy with 90% of the project, I actually do hope that V3 of DB Recut has just a few minor changes.

I’d like to see episode one remove the Pilaf gang. Not so much because the appearance of the Pilaf gang is severely dragging down the pace like a lot of other filler, but because all the other filler with them in the arc has been removed and it would allow them to appear with no foreshadowing the way they did in the manga when the Dragon Balls are stolen.

I understand that the issue is that the explanation of the Dragon Balls is given to Mai in the filler scene instead of Bulma, but I reckon that you could probably get around that by using Bulma’s dialogue from The Path to Power instead, even though it would mean using a piece of Akihito Tokunaga’s score despite the rest of the show having music by Shunsuke Kikuchi. (Speaking of The Path to Power, I think the English dub of a few scenes in the first few episodes could be improved by switching dialogue from the show with dialogue from the film.)

The other big thing is episodes 62 and 63. I have no idea whether it could be plausible to cut the ice cave filler entirely using some kind of trickery, but it seems entirely plausible to cut it down significantly more. (My own personal tinkering in a shitty free video editing software to test the plausibility of this has proven to me that at the very least the whole fake Roshi thing can be removed in a mostly seamless manner.)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:20 am

I dunno, I kinda like the ice cave. The whole poison super water thing was always bullshit so having there be some aspect of earning it is kind of an inherently good thing.

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:17 pm

If Milkman intend to remove more filler scenes, I hope he will tell us on this topic the next time he sign in to this forum.
I want to know if I should delete the french subtitles of the V2 and wait the V3 to do the translation all over again or continue to edit the subtitles that I have in the meantime.

Concerning the filler scenes, do you think it's possible to remove all the scenes where Goku is SSJ1 against Majin Vegeta ?

kyabets

Post by kyabets » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi, I want to thank you for this amazing work, I have made an audio montage for the latin dub, plus spanish subtitles, how could I share it?
I have them hosted on a download server.

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:26 pm

So there's the color correction project, fan films and fan animations. You think there is a project where fans are doing a qtec overhaul for the final chapters?

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:31 pm

spin1490 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:46 pm Project dead?
Dude has a life and does other fan edits as well. He said a while back that the remainder of Kai was going to take forever because he's syncing Dragon Box footage to Boo Kai/TFC audio, and pretty much every shot had been trimmed to some degree. Just wait it out, it'll come eventually.

spin1490

Post by spin1490 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:07 pm

MistaL wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:31 pm Dude has a life and does other fan edits as well. He said a while back that the remainder of Kai was going to take forever because he's syncing Dragon Box footage to Boo Kai/TFC audio, and pretty much every shot had been trimmed to some degree. Just wait it out, it'll come eventually.
idk man, his last post on this site was early 2021and I remember him saying that same year something along the lines of being close to done (might be misremembering) but either way no word from him since when he used to be very active before. People move on in things in life and stuff gets dropped, thats fine. Would just be nice to have a post if this is still going or not.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:12 pm

spin1490 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:07 pm
MistaL wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:31 pm Dude has a life and does other fan edits as well. He said a while back that the remainder of Kai was going to take forever because he's syncing Dragon Box footage to Boo Kai/TFC audio, and pretty much every shot had been trimmed to some degree. Just wait it out, it'll come eventually.
idk man, his last post on this site was early 2021and I remember him saying that same year something along the lines of being close to done (might be misremembering) but either way no word from him since when he used to be very active before. People move on in things in life and stuff gets dropped, thats fine. Would just be nice to have a post if this is still going or not.
His last post was mid-2021, where he explained it'd be a while like I said (viewtopic.php?p=1711002#p1711002). He also mentioned he didn't wanna give any other updates until it's done. He still browses the forum, which you can see by looking at his profile. All this information is just as easily accessible to you as it is me.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 pm

I feel like we've heard a couple times now that he's waiting to get color-corrected footage to use.

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:24 am

Since Milkman is waiting for color-corrected footage, what's the status of SoM's color-correction project? How many episodes so far are complete?

I ask because I've seen a few color-corrected pics on their Twitter page, but I'm unsure if they were released.
https://twitter.com/seedofmight

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:12 am

This is what their discord says currently.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:21 am

Ok, good to know this project's still on track, it's just slower than expected.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:30 pm

Is there still a working link of Dragon Ball Recut (not Z, the original)? If so, can someone please DM it to me? Thank you.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Could I get a DM for Dragon Ball Recut please?

Sabao8

Post by Sabao8 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:12 am This is what their discord says currently.
Can you share the Discord invite link, please?