"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raki
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Raki » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:38 pm

CashmanX wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:53 pm Anyone notice the blurays for parts 4 and 5 are out of print everywhere and selling for triple their price? Yet there's no season sets in sight? :|

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BF248 ... lu_title_2

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Supe ... B07FRLQ52T
I've found a local store in Texas that has set 5 for 25 bucks. The other sets were there as well.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

mecha3000
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:16 am

Hello, Kanzenshuu! It's been a while since I updated this thread, but I figured it's appropriate given the recent announcement of the Dragon Ball Super Complete Series Steelbook Gift Set coming in September as well as Funimation now being absorbed by and rebranded as Crunchyroll. So, that change is reflected in this thread's title by replacing Funimation with Crunchyroll. Also, I've added two new sections besides the "Part" section: "Complete Series" and "Movies". I've also updated the release dates that I left undated.

Dragon Ball Super Crunchyroll FUNimation Home Release Guide:

Part Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Part One - Ep. 1-13 RELEASED July 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Two - Ep. 14-26 RELEASED October 3, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Three - Ep. 27-39 RELEASED February 20, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Four - Ep. 40-52 RELEASED June 19, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Five - Ep. 53-65 RELEASED October 2, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Six - Ep. 66- 78 RELEASED January 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Seven - Ep. 79-91 RELEASED April 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Eight - Ep. 92-104 RELEASED July 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Nine - Ep. 105-117 RELEASED October 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Ten - Ep. 118-131 RELEASED January 14, 2020

Complete Series Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series - Limited Edition Steelbook Set RELEASING September 20, 2022

Movies:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly RELEASED April 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero RELEASING ???

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:33 am

Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:35 am

Well, Crunchyroll's new solicitations came out for December and Super Hero isn't included, which is odd. Does this mean the movie's not releasing until January 2023? In any case, just a quick reminder that the Super Complete Series steelbook set releases next week. So, order yours if you still want it because if history repeats itself (like with the Dragon Boxes, even though that's a different situation with the 4:3/non-cropping and all), they could become rare.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:21 am

mecha3000 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:35 am Well, Crunchyroll's new solicitations came out for December and Super Hero isn't included, which is odd. Does this mean the movie's not releasing until January 2023?
It's so frustrating. Battle of Gods, Resurrection F and Super Broly all had their home releases 2-3 months after being shown in theatres. No reason Crunchyroll shouldn't be able to have Super Hero out in time for Christmas.

For the UK and Irish Market it's not too late for Q4 announcements as it was only on this day 2 years ago Manga UK announced their swansong of Dragon Ball releases, which were beginning the end of that year, but now that Crunchyroll are in charge here I don't see us getting lucky this time.

The only explanation I can think of is for whatever reason TOEI are holding things up. Similar to how slow Super Hero was brought to theatres compared to Super Broly combined with the lacklustre promotion the former has had compared to the latter I can only assume TOEI has been dragging their feet with this movie in general.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:21 am
mecha3000 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:35 am Well, Crunchyroll's new solicitations came out for December and Super Hero isn't included, which is odd. Does this mean the movie's not releasing until January 2023?
It's so frustrating. Battle of Gods, Resurrection F and Super Broly all had their home releases 2-3 months after being shown in theatres. No reason Crunchyroll shouldn't be able to have Super Hero out in time for Christmas.

For the UK and Irish Market it's not too late for Q4 announcements as it was only on this day 2 years ago Manga UK announced their swansong of Dragon Ball releases, which were beginning the end of that year, but now that Crunchyroll are in charge here I don't see us getting lucky this time.

The only explanation I can think of is for whatever reason TOEI are holding things up. Similar to how slow Super Hero was brought to theatres compared to Super Broly combined with the lacklustre promotion the former has had compared to the latter I can only assume TOEI has been dragging their feet with this movie in general.
Agreed. Also, when it comes to the Super steelbook set, I ordered mine in July and it STILL HASN'T SHIPPED. I'm literally watching people unbox their orders from Walmart when I order mine from license holder CRUNCHYROLL directly and have received no update about shipping AT ALL. Ridiculous.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 pm Agreed. Also, when it comes to the Super steelbook set, I ordered mine in July and it STILL HASN'T SHIPPED. I'm literally watching people unbox their orders from Walmart when I order mine from license holder CRUNCHYROLL directly and have received no update about shipping AT ALL. Ridiculous.
Huh. I ordered mine from Amazon &, even though it took a day longer to actually ship, I got mine right now right next to me.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:03 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm
mecha3000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 pm Agreed. Also, when it comes to the Super steelbook set, I ordered mine in July and it STILL HASN'T SHIPPED. I'm literally watching people unbox their orders from Walmart when I order mine from license holder CRUNCHYROLL directly and have received no update about shipping AT ALL. Ridiculous.
Huh. I ordered mine from Amazon &, even though it took a day longer to actually ship, I got mine right now right next to me.
Dammit. Knew I should've gone with Amazon. It's still stupid how the LICENSE HOLDER of Dragon Ball hasn't shipped my order, but everyone else is getting them from outside sources. Well, that's the last time I order through Crunchyroll. I guess thinking they'd be a better site than the rest due to their discount and status was a mistake.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:03 pm
Dammit. Knew I should've gone with Amazon. It's still stupid how the LICENSE HOLDER of Dragon Ball hasn't shipped my order, but everyone else is getting them from outside sources. Well, that's the last time I order through Crunchyroll.
Agreed. I could chalk it up to these other retailers being specifically designed to sell & ship shit to people, plus have years of experience doing so. Crunchyroll doesn't seem like that.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 pm Agreed. I could chalk it up to these other retailers being specifically designed to sell & ship shit to people, plus have years of experience doing so. Crunchyroll doesn't seem like that.
Yeah, you're most likely right. All I know is they better ship mine since I ordered it back in July and got charged for it or else I'm turning Super Saiyan. At least I got a discount and only paid 127 dollars. Then again, I'm sure Amazon wasn't too costly since they usually mark down products. Also, just checked Crunchyroll and now they're saying the item doesn't release until 9/30. Like, WHAT?!!!

Side note, does anyone have an idea on when Super Hero is releasing? Like I mentioned in a previous post, Crunchyroll's solicitations for December are out and it's not on there. It'd be weird if they didn't capitalize on the holidays and release Super Hero in December, at least. Anyway, updated the guide.

Dragon Ball Super Crunchyroll Home Release Guide:

Part Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Part One - Ep. 1-13 RELEASED July 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Two - Ep. 14-26 RELEASED October 3, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Three - Ep. 27-39 RELEASED February 20, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Four - Ep. 40-52 RELEASED June 19, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Five - Ep. 53-65 RELEASED October 2, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Six - Ep. 66- 78 RELEASED January 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Seven - Ep. 79-91 RELEASED April 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Eight - Ep. 92-104 RELEASED July 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Nine - Ep. 105-117 RELEASED October 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Ten - Ep. 118-131 RELEASED January 14, 2020

Complete Series Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series - Limited Edition Steelbook Set RELEASED September 20, 2022

Movies:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly RELEASED April 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero RELEASING ???

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 pm
mecha3000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:03 pm
Dammit. Knew I should've gone with Amazon. It's still stupid how the LICENSE HOLDER of Dragon Ball hasn't shipped my order, but everyone else is getting them from outside sources. Well, that's the last time I order through Crunchyroll.
Agreed. I could chalk it up to these other retailers being specifically designed to sell & ship shit to people, plus have years of experience doing so. Crunchyroll doesn't seem like that.
Well, that answers my question of why this set hasn't shown up on my doorstep yet despite them charging me in July. Was starting to think my order had been cancelled. :lolno:

(I've watched unboxing videos of this set with jealousy and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Like Japanese Dragonbox levels of good.)
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:38 am

CashmanX wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 pm Well, that answers my question of why this set hasn't shown up on my doorstep yet despite them charging me in July. Was starting to think my order had been cancelled. :lolno:

(I've watched unboxing videos of this set with jealousy and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Like Japanese Dragonbox levels of good.)
Well, if they cancelled on you, you'd be refunded your money, no?
And, I feel this pain. I preordered Kamen Rider Kuuga from Shout Factory's website to get free shipping on it & Fiveman, as well as the poster they advertised to send with it. However, it JUST shipped despite the fact that it was supposed to come out on Tuesday. I could've preordered it through Amazon & have gotten it on time.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:21 am

Got my set yesterday and luckly no scracthed disc (an issue users on Bluray.com seem to have). It's a big set and not a space saver by anymeans. FUNimation does know how to make nice steelbooks tho.

The box is metal as well (wasnt expecting that) and very slippery on the shelf so I have it sitting on a 2mm thick piece of cosplay foam. Does the trick

All I need now is Dragon Ball on bluray

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:15 am

My set is very similar, though I wish they had done cases that have 4 disc trays like they did for DBZ's steelbooks to save space, materials, & money to have only 5 cases. I do like them, though.

1 little discrepancy, though, is that on the back next to the Dragon Ball Super logo, they have the FUNimation logo, but everywhere else on the packaging, they have the Crunchyroll logo. I wonder what happened there. Maybe they designed the set before the merger & didn't have time to redo that part before the tin cases were manufactured, or they didn't notice till it was too late that the designers screwed up? It's weird.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:35 am

In other news, I still don't have my set or any update on when it ships. Time to take this up with Crunchyroll customer service. Honestly, I should get a free item or something for the delay.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:06 am

mecha3000 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:35 am In other news, I still don't have my set or any update on when it ships. Time to take this up with Crunchyroll customer service. Honestly, I should get a free item or something for the delay.
I ended up dropping my crunchroll one because wasnt even listed as shipping soon and went to amazon. My set from amazon came with a small dent on the bottom so amazon gave me a artial refund and I spent about what I would have on crunchyroll

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:06 am
mecha3000 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:35 am In other news, I still don't have my set or any update on when it ships. Time to take this up with Crunchyroll customer service. Honestly, I should get a free item or something for the delay.
I ended up dropping my crunchroll one because wasnt even listed as shipping soon and went to amazon. My set from amazon came with a small dent on the bottom so amazon gave me a artial refund and I spent about what I would have on crunchyroll
Yeah, I'm going to do what you did. Forget Crunchyroll. Amazon has one day shipping for the steelbook set. How long did it take Crunchyroll to cancel your item? For me, I had to send in my request and was told theyll get back to me shortly. Was it instant for you?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:17 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 am
Yeah, I'm going to do what you did. Forget Crunchyroll. Amazon has one day shipping for the steelbook set. How long did it take Crunchyroll to cancel your item? For me, I had to send in my request and was told theyll get back to me shortly. Was it instant for you?
Looks like it took about a day. What sucks tho is there was some minor damage to my outer case and a few light scratches on the first steelbook (amazone gave me a partial refund of $25. But Crunchyroll couldnt do anything since I didnt buy from them. But its ok

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:04 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:17 pm

Looks like it took about a day. What sucks tho is there was some minor damage to my outer case and a few light scratches on the first steelbook (amazone gave me a partial refund of $25. But Crunchyroll couldnt do anything since I didnt buy from them. But its ok
Well, at least you got the partial refund. I still haven't heard back from Crunchyroll about my cancel/refund and my item still hasn't shipped. And of course Crunchyroll/Funimation don't have a working phone number to call. This is so annoying. I really could use that refund right now......or I don't know, maybe my steelbook set???

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:28 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:04 pm
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:17 pm

Well, at least you got the partial refund. I still haven't heard back from Crunchyroll about my cancel/refund and my item still hasn't shipped. And of course Crunchyroll/Funimation don't have a working phone number to call. This is so annoying. I really could use that refund right now......or I don't know, maybe my steelbook set???
Dang that sucks man :(

Finding help thru Crunchyroll has been kind of a pain. So far I am not impressed (considering my 1st steelbook was damaged in a protective sealed case so that clearly wasnt amazons fault)