Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Nguyenkim wrote:I feel a lil disappointment for Gohan this ep!! He seems so weak and more stupid than he was.
I also think the same, I mean is this the leader of the Universe 7? A guy that couldn't predict the moves of an opponent using an instant transmission technique, that prefered to get spanked than using its full power for the start?

They could use this arc to show Gohan is not just a fighter that relies on raw power and lacks battle smart, but that probably don't come in their minds right now.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Is there an episode this week?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:28 pm

LordCrumb wrote:Is there an episode this week?
No, we're on a break, but next week there will be an 1 hour long TV Special :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Akuma Johnson

Post by Akuma Johnson » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:46 am

https://youtu.be/s9-Qb2q9mw4

Just watch this guys.
Dragon Ball sucks lmao
Discord username (with tag) - Razius#2781

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:20 am

Zagacious wrote:That's definitely part of it, but it doesn't help the feeling of important things getting rushed and spending a bunch of time with very little happening. Fights that should be more important like Gohan and Frieza and Frost was pretty rushed with barely anything fighting happening. I would rather a fight take multiple episodes and have lots of action going on then have it rushed as quickly as possible to the point of almost wasting characters like Frost.

I mean the fights are so short and inconsequential at times that people can't even tell who is stronger, there's no interesting fighting styles to examine because it's just over that fast. Unique abilities almost never matter either because of how fast the fights are over, mafuba is the only example of unique abilities using strategy over raw power.
That's just how Super is paced and some people like it better this way, a middle ground still can be found but fights are already longer than they used to be. Hm Tien didn't rely on raw power either, neither did Kuririn IIRC, did you forget about Hit against the rabbit guy?
Frost was just there to highlight Freeza.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:16 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Zagacious wrote:That's definitely part of it, but it doesn't help the feeling of important things getting rushed and spending a bunch of time with very little happening. Fights that should be more important like Gohan and Frieza and Frost was pretty rushed with barely anything fighting happening. I would rather a fight take multiple episodes and have lots of action going on then have it rushed as quickly as possible to the point of almost wasting characters like Frost.

I mean the fights are so short and inconsequential at times that people can't even tell who is stronger, there's no interesting fighting styles to examine because it's just over that fast. Unique abilities almost never matter either because of how fast the fights are over, mafuba is the only example of unique abilities using strategy over raw power.
That's just how Super is paced and some people like it better this way, a middle ground still can be found but fights are already longer than they used to be. Hm Tien didn't rely on raw power either, neither did Kuririn IIRC, did you forget about Hit against the rabbit guy?
Frost was just there to highlight Freeza.
All those fights were inconsequential meaning either someone more powerful could have come along and ended it instantly, or the fight was so short there wasnt anything to really analyze. They also keep squeezing in strategy when it's not necessary and doesn't actually affect the outcome, Krillin and or 18 could have easily beaten that guy with out strategy.

People keep trying to convince me Dyspo was actually challenging Hit but I don't see it that way, he countered his time skip for a second but then he was absolutely destroyed by Hit. Goku wasn't necessary and actually ruined any tension that fight may have had.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:22 pm

^Well okay but still these were enjoyable moments, but indeed why not skip everything till the last fight if you don't care about these then if you see what I mean lol
IMO Dyspo vs Hit was well done overall, the part that annoyed me, and I already stressed it in corresponding EP thread, was that Hit's counter was bollocks lol
Yeah Goku was unnecessary there I agree, but big boy needs his screentime lol

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:^Well okay but still these were enjoyable moments, but indeed why not skip everything till the last fight if you don't care about these then if you see what I mean lol
IMO Dyspo vs Hit was well done overall, the part that annoyed me, and I already stressed it in corresponding EP thread, was that Hit's counter was bollocks lol
Yeah Goku was unnecessary there I agree, but big boy needs his screentime lol
I agree they were enjoyable, but most of the fights that should be longer and drawn out like Hit vs Dyspo, vegeta vs Magetta/Botamo are very short. It feels like it ended when it was just beginning. They may fight again but I doubt it. The choice to include Goku made it even less significant of a fight.

Then the fights that should be over very quickly are sometimes drawn out for entire episodes because whoever at the time is holding back. Which can be a good thing for showcasing a less major character like Roshi but it's also misused very often it fights that should be a cakewalk for whoever is holding back at the time.

It's mainly only a problem because they decided to make most of the tournament characters relatively weak. Goku could he fighting some stronger guys this whole time while the other characters don't get their fights stolen away from them. It would also eliminate the constant need for overpowered U7 to be holding back.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:10 am

I agree it felt odd to see there is so many weaklings in the tournament, other universes were clearly oversold, especially U11 lol

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:I agree it felt odd to see there is so many weaklings in the tournament, other universes were clearly oversold, especially U11 lol

I also agree but mainly because Universe 7 was supposed to be one of the weaker Universes. It certainly doesn't seem that way at all. They seem like one of the strongest.

Granted with so many characters the early ones had to be somewhat weak since we needed to build up to the stronger ones. But then they shouldn't have said Universe 7 was one of the weakest. If they had just said these Universes need to compete because they are all relatively weak that would have made more sense. And that would still mean there are even stronger Universes not competing (I am sure those Universes will come into the story eventually).

Unless by weak Universe it's just that the average mortal on Universe 7 is so relatively weak and the Z warriors strength doesn't change things on the average.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 am

Kinokima wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:I agree it felt odd to see there is so many weaklings in the tournament, other universes were clearly oversold, especially U11 lol

I also agree but mainly because Universe 7 was supposed to be one of the weaker Universes. It certainly doesn't seem that way at all. They seem like one of the strongest.

Granted with so many characters the early ones had to be somewhat weak since we needed to build up to the stronger ones. But then they shouldn't have said Universe 7 was one of the weakest. If they had just said these Universes need to compete because they are all relatively weak that would have made more sense. And that would still mean there are even stronger Universes not competing (I am sure those Universes will come into the story eventually).

Unless by weak Universe it's just that the average mortal on Universe 7 is so relatively weak and the Z warriors strength doesn't change things on the average.
This has been covered a lot, but the Average Mortal Rating most likely has nothing to do with battle power. Translations of some bios on the non-competing four Universes' gods indicates that this system of ranking has more to do with the character of the mortals themselves, and how they've developed their civilizations.

The idea of battle power "may" factor in, but it's certainly not why these Universes are ranked in the order they were. Think about it. Universe 7 is full of, well, NOTHING. There's so little sapient life in the first place thanks to Majin Buu's rampages, Shin's negligence, and Beerus's situational laziness. And what there is, it's all terrible. Freeza's empire put a chokehold on the galaxies, the Galactic Patrol are quite incompetent if Jaco is anything to go by, and races like the Universe 7 Saiyans were just awful, awful people.

It's no wonder the character of Universe 7 is so horrible. It makes perfect sense that our Mortal Ranking is so low if we judge things by the character and development of the mortals and their civilizations.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:50 am

When you think about it they had no choice if they wanted to put back some of the secondary cast, so it's better this way, still they let me down on my expectations, certainly doesn't help with the lack of tension this arc has either.

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGPHuip ... e=youtu.be
New preview, looks awesome. Mild spoilers, though, it pretty much confirms how Goku transforms.
Credit to DragonBalllKaiHD for finding this.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Akuma Johnson wrote:https://youtu.be/s9-Qb2q9mw4

Just watch this guys.

Woah, that was orgasmic
El Conejo Malo