Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Time-skip
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Time-skip » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:18 pm

[quoReally. Pardon my French ali taj odgovor može jebat sebi mater u šupak sa šipkonte][/quote]
Koji si ti kralj Ekrolo
English is not my first language

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by TheOne » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The Saiyans are dumb because they're from a species we already know, who have to follow rules we already know about, and yet they break every single one.
they evolved enough to lose their tails and, most likely, their Giant Ape transformation.

Basically, U6 Saiyans are a different species and therefore subject to different rules.

Also: it's quite arguable the U7 Saiyans were generally hardly beyond 10k because they lacked empathy and wouldn't help much each other.
A more peaceful Saiyan race would collaborate to develop training methods to rise the lowest base-level and improve the higher levels... which is basically what Goku&co did. Thus explaining why the strongest U6 Saiyans are extremely strong and with no problem whatsoever in turning Super Saiyan once they learn how.
The U6 Saiyan's being more empathetic is precisely the problem. Cabba gets SS by Vegeta threatening him after a brawl, meaning that the anger trigger remains. So, you expect me to believe NO U6 Saiyan, in the entire history of the species, a species that actively fights a lot might I add, has ever gotten pissed off enough during a fight (where people get hurt, crippled, killed all the time) to transform into a Super Saiyan before Cabba. That they've never be threatened or beaten or saw someone else they love get threatened or beatened enough to activate SS. Really. Pardon my French ali taj odgovor može jebat sebi mater u šupak sa šipkon.

Now, in a version of Super that wasn't planned by a guy who was never good at planning back when he was actually good at anything in a show with an actual good production, someone would say "Hey, if U7 Saiyan's were dick heads who had to become good at heart to get SS, logically, the U6 Saiyan's who're good having the same SS trigger is fucking stupid! Lets make it something else!". Or better yet, how about making all U6 Saiyan's like Ultimate Gohan? No transformations ever at all, just really, really high potentials for Base strength that can go toe to toe with the various SS forms in power? Oh wait, Heroes can't give Cabba, Kale and Caulifla all the old forms for more merchandise then!

Yes, I'm aware I'm being a snarky prick with this but I REALLY detest the whole "U6 Saiyan's evolved differently!" excuse when the series gives them the same bloody SS trigger along with lazy, Goten and Trunks style gift wrapped SS forms later.
Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around.

As far as Kale and Caulifla? They're the biggest issue for me. These two are just pure fan service and agenda. They have no right to be in a similar league of Goku and Vegeta.

Don't even get me started with Cabba. Since the tournament is still ongoing I can't completely complain, but they have screwed Cabba over way too hard just to make these two look good. If Cabba would've been the most exceptional Saiyan of his race, I would've been absolutely fine with whatever happened to him power wise. But now we have two random hoes who just completely overwhelm him in power. Super makes no sense.

I don't know if it's this website or if I'm just more observant now, but I have developed a very salty point of view concerning Dragon Ball Super. Which is not something I never thought I'd do for ANYTHING Dragon Ball related. People hate GT but I loved it. It was dragon ball so I loved it despite all the questions I had. Now I just get frustrated with little details being left out or something not being consistent.


Back on topic. I think they might've made Jiren a little too strong. My understanding at the beginning of the Super series was that the gains that's Goku and Vegeta were making now were marginal compared to what they were getting back in Z. Now it seems like Goku is increasing in power like he did going from Saiyan saga to Frieza saga.
How i predict the tournament will end:

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:51 pm

TheOne wrote:Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around..
Gohan was an off spring too and he worked for his power, Goten and Trunks getting it is just a piss take that outside stuff tries to clarify, which they do kind of successfully, but I still intensely dislike this narrative decision regardless. The only one that's worse is Vegeta getting SS for the exact same reason he could never get it before: that he's an abhorent piece of shit of a person.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10237
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheOne wrote:Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around..
Gohan was an off spring too and he worked for his power, Goten and Trunks getting it is just a piss take that outside stuff tries to clarify, which they do kind of successfully, but I still intensely dislike this narrative decision regardless. The only one that's worse is Vegeta getting SS for the exact same reason he could never get it before: that he's an abhorent piece of shit of a person.
The only narrative thing I dislike more than these is the Saiyan thirst for battle. It being specific for Goku sure I can deal with that but when it became a Saiyan thing it felt like such a cop out writing wise, this pissed me off throughout the entire Android/Cell arc despite Vegeta already being unlikeable Toriyama could now write him like a stupid idiot cuz Saiyan, loves to battle. :thumbup: eurgh. Fortunately "Zenkai" boost was dropped otherwise that would have made the list too.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheOne wrote:Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around..
Gohan was an off spring too and he worked for his power, Goten and Trunks getting it is just a piss take that outside stuff tries to clarify, which they do kind of successfully, but I still intensely dislike this narrative decision regardless. The only one that's worse is Vegeta getting SS for the exact same reason he could never get it before: that he's an abhorent piece of shit of a person.

Gohan was born when Goku was much less powerful than Vegeta and Goku were when Goten and Trunks were conceived.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Kinokima wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
TheOne wrote:Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around..
Gohan was an off spring too and he worked for his power, Goten and Trunks getting it is just a piss take that outside stuff tries to clarify, which they do kind of successfully, but I still intensely dislike this narrative decision regardless. The only one that's worse is Vegeta getting SS for the exact same reason he could never get it before: that he's an abhorent piece of shit of a person.

Gohan was born when Goku was much less powerful than Vegeta and Goku were when Goten and Trunks were conceived.
Like I said in what you're quoting, the guides to a semi-decent job of justifying how and why Goten and Trunks have SS, I still don't like them getting it. Them and Vegeta.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: This is soo wrong on so many levels. Yes. You have to be at a certain level in order to be considered worthy of taking on the job of destroyer, HOWEVER this is not just it. Taking on the role and thereby actually becoming a God of Destruction, together with the training you'll be receiving from your new Angel Guide, is what gives you an extremely, in fact, insanely, massive power boost. Not only that, but you will gain new insanely haxed abilities, such as surviving in space, the ability to ERASE anyone just by saying Hakai, the ability to sense or perhaps even smell murderous intent, God Ki, etc. And perhaps many more for all we know.

So while you need to be already strong in order to be a possible candidate, the act of actually becoming a GoD and taking on the role is what makes you truly out of everyone's leaque.
That is your speculation. The process of becoming a God of Destruction has never been laid out, other than you have to be strong.

Please don't pushed your headcanon as fact.
It doesn't have to be laid out in words for us, as the audience, we are expected to fill in certain gaps. It's only logical to assume it would increase their powers, i don't need their confirmation for such a thing. Reason and logic trump all. And i wouldn't exactly call that "headcanon" either as you like to put it, we know for a fact that they gain several "abilities" such as the ones i provided above, so as a next logical assumption, we can assume that besides these newly gained "abilities" their power likewise increases, especially with the whole God ki they will gain. And before you begin to argue that God Ki isn't neccesarily always stronger than regular ki... It's pretty much shown that WHENEVER a regular ki user gains God ki, their power goes up, as shown with Goku and Vegeta and perhaps several others.
You just said its not headcanon and then provided the definition of headcanon to explain yourself.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by gofishus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:09 pm

TheOne wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: they evolved enough to lose their tails and, most likely, their Giant Ape transformation.

Basically, U6 Saiyans are a different species and therefore subject to different rules.

Also: it's quite arguable the U7 Saiyans were generally hardly beyond 10k because they lacked empathy and wouldn't help much each other.
A more peaceful Saiyan race would collaborate to develop training methods to rise the lowest base-level and improve the higher levels... which is basically what Goku&co did. Thus explaining why the strongest U6 Saiyans are extremely strong and with no problem whatsoever in turning Super Saiyan once they learn how.
The U6 Saiyan's being more empathetic is precisely the problem. Cabba gets SS by Vegeta threatening him after a brawl, meaning that the anger trigger remains. So, you expect me to believe NO U6 Saiyan, in the entire history of the species, a species that actively fights a lot might I add, has ever gotten pissed off enough during a fight (where people get hurt, crippled, killed all the time) to transform into a Super Saiyan before Cabba. That they've never be threatened or beaten or saw someone else they love get threatened or beatened enough to activate SS. Really. Pardon my French ali taj odgovor može jebat sebi mater u šupak sa šipkon.

Now, in a version of Super that wasn't planned by a guy who was never good at planning back when he was actually good at anything in a show with an actual good production, someone would say "Hey, if U7 Saiyan's were dick heads who had to become good at heart to get SS, logically, the U6 Saiyan's who're good having the same SS trigger is fucking stupid! Lets make it something else!". Or better yet, how about making all U6 Saiyan's like Ultimate Gohan? No transformations ever at all, just really, really high potentials for Base strength that can go toe to toe with the various SS forms in power? Oh wait, Heroes can't give Cabba, Kale and Caulifla all the old forms for more merchandise then!

Yes, I'm aware I'm being a snarky prick with this but I REALLY detest the whole "U6 Saiyan's evolved differently!" excuse when the series gives them the same bloody SS trigger along with lazy, Goten and Trunks style gift wrapped SS forms later.
Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around.

As far as Kale and Caulifla? They're the biggest issue for me. These two are just pure fan service and agenda. They have no right to be in a similar league of Goku and Vegeta.

Don't even get me started with Cabba. Since the tournament is still ongoing I can't completely complain, but they have screwed Cabba over way too hard just to make these two look good. If Cabba would've been the most exceptional Saiyan of his race, I would've been absolutely fine with whatever happened to him power wise. But now we have two random hoes who just completely overwhelm him in power. Super makes no sense.

I don't know if it's this website or if I'm just more observant now, but I have developed a very salty point of view concerning Dragon Ball Super. Which is not something I never thought I'd do for ANYTHING Dragon Ball related. People hate GT but I loved it. It was dragon ball so I loved it despite all the questions I had. Now I just get frustrated with little details being left out or something not being consistent.


Back on topic. I think they might've made Jiren a little too strong. My understanding at the beginning of the Super series was that the gains that's Goku and Vegeta were making now were marginal compared to what they were getting back in Z. Now it seems like Goku is increasing in power like he did going from Saiyan saga to Frieza saga.
I know right? Cabba was supposed to represent the best warrior of his race when he showed up to the Universe 6 Tournament. Now 2 random girls became more powerful than him - umm so why weren't THEY in the Universe 6 tournament then??

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20750
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:02 pm

gofishus wrote:
TheOne wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: The U6 Saiyan's being more empathetic is precisely the problem. Cabba gets SS by Vegeta threatening him after a brawl, meaning that the anger trigger remains. So, you expect me to believe NO U6 Saiyan, in the entire history of the species, a species that actively fights a lot might I add, has ever gotten pissed off enough during a fight (where people get hurt, crippled, killed all the time) to transform into a Super Saiyan before Cabba. That they've never be threatened or beaten or saw someone else they love get threatened or beatened enough to activate SS. Really. Pardon my French ali taj odgovor može jebat sebi mater u šupak sa šipkon.

Now, in a version of Super that wasn't planned by a guy who was never good at planning back when he was actually good at anything in a show with an actual good production, someone would say "Hey, if U7 Saiyan's were dick heads who had to become good at heart to get SS, logically, the U6 Saiyan's who're good having the same SS trigger is fucking stupid! Lets make it something else!". Or better yet, how about making all U6 Saiyan's like Ultimate Gohan? No transformations ever at all, just really, really high potentials for Base strength that can go toe to toe with the various SS forms in power? Oh wait, Heroes can't give Cabba, Kale and Caulifla all the old forms for more merchandise then!

Yes, I'm aware I'm being a snarky prick with this but I REALLY detest the whole "U6 Saiyan's evolved differently!" excuse when the series gives them the same bloody SS trigger along with lazy, Goten and Trunks style gift wrapped SS forms later.
Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around.

As far as Kale and Caulifla? They're the biggest issue for me. These two are just pure fan service and agenda. They have no right to be in a similar league of Goku and Vegeta.

Don't even get me started with Cabba. Since the tournament is still ongoing I can't completely complain, but they have screwed Cabba over way too hard just to make these two look good. If Cabba would've been the most exceptional Saiyan of his race, I would've been absolutely fine with whatever happened to him power wise. But now we have two random hoes who just completely overwhelm him in power. Super makes no sense.

I don't know if it's this website or if I'm just more observant now, but I have developed a very salty point of view concerning Dragon Ball Super. Which is not something I never thought I'd do for ANYTHING Dragon Ball related. People hate GT but I loved it. It was dragon ball so I loved it despite all the questions I had. Now I just get frustrated with little details being left out or something not being consistent.


Back on topic. I think they might've made Jiren a little too strong. My understanding at the beginning of the Super series was that the gains that's Goku and Vegeta were making now were marginal compared to what they were getting back in Z. Now it seems like Goku is increasing in power like he did going from Saiyan saga to Frieza saga.
I know right? Cabba was supposed to represent the best warrior of his race when he showed up to the Universe 6 Tournament. Now 2 random girls became more powerful than him - umm so why weren't THEY in the Universe 6 tournament then??
Because Caulilfa and Kale were nobodies that hadn't established themselves on any kind of significance in the power scale. Champa (and Vados) was in charge of gathering the six strongest warriors in his universe, and Cabba, to his ow knowledge was the most powerful Saiyan among his race. The existence of Caulifla and Kale as characters, let along how strong they were later show to become, was all down to Cabba being in charge of recruiting more fighters to represent Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power. And through sheer good fortune and happenstance of knowing another Saiyan who he used to fight along side, he just happened to hit the jackpot with Caulifla and Kale, but much more-so with Kale, in terms of power allies. If it was down to Champa, and Champa alone, to gather all ten fighters for Universe 6, I guarantee you he would have not brought Caulifla and Kale into the fold. Caulilfa and Kale were totally unknown characters until Cabba came across them. In fact, had Cabba not interacted with the either Caulifla or Kale, neither of them would have never become Super Saiyans.

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
gofishus wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Goten and Trunks are fine for me. As far as I'm concerned, they had exceptional genes seeing as how they were the offsprings of two of the most powerful Saiyans around.

As far as Kale and Caulifla? They're the biggest issue for me. These two are just pure fan service and agenda. They have no right to be in a similar league of Goku and Vegeta.

Don't even get me started with Cabba. Since the tournament is still ongoing I can't completely complain, but they have screwed Cabba over way too hard just to make these two look good. If Cabba would've been the most exceptional Saiyan of his race, I would've been absolutely fine with whatever happened to him power wise. But now we have two random hoes who just completely overwhelm him in power. Super makes no sense.

I don't know if it's this website or if I'm just more observant now, but I have developed a very salty point of view concerning Dragon Ball Super. Which is not something I never thought I'd do for ANYTHING Dragon Ball related. People hate GT but I loved it. It was dragon ball so I loved it despite all the questions I had. Now I just get frustrated with little details being left out or something not being consistent.


Back on topic. I think they might've made Jiren a little too strong. My understanding at the beginning of the Super series was that the gains that's Goku and Vegeta were making now were marginal compared to what they were getting back in Z. Now it seems like Goku is increasing in power like he did going from Saiyan saga to Frieza saga.
I know right? Cabba was supposed to represent the best warrior of his race when he showed up to the Universe 6 Tournament. Now 2 random girls became more powerful than him - umm so why weren't THEY in the Universe 6 tournament then??
Because Caulilfa and Kale were nobodies that hadn't established themselves on any kind of significance in the power scale. Champa (and Vados) was in charge of gathering the six strongest warriors in his universe, and Cabba, to his ow knowledge was the most powerful Saiyan among his race. The existence of Caulifla and Kale as characters, let along how strong they were later show to become, was all down to Cabba being in charge of recruiting more fighters to represent Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power. And through sheer good fortune and happenstance of knowing another Saiyan who he used to fight along side, he just happened to hit the jackpot with Caulifla and Kale, but much more-so with Kale, in terms of power allies. If it was down to Champa, and Champa alone, to gather all ten fighters for Universe 6, I guarantee you he would have not brought Caulifla and Kale into the fold. Caulilfa and Kale were totally unknown characters until Cabba came across them. In fact, had Cabba not interacted with the either Caulifla or Kale, neither of them would have never become Super Saiyans.
I know you're primarily responding to gofishus, but that doesn't mean we have to like them. It also doesn't mean we can't disagree with how they've shown Cabba in comparison to those two. I'm no Cabba homer, but I did take a liking to him after the U6 tournament. Now he's being portrayed like garbage in front of these two new Saiyans. Personally, I think they should all be in a similar league. But unfortunately, I'm not the one in charge and says how things should go.
How i predict the tournament will end:

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20750
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:25 pm

TheOne wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
gofishus wrote:
I know right? Cabba was supposed to represent the best warrior of his race when he showed up to the Universe 6 Tournament. Now 2 random girls became more powerful than him - umm so why weren't THEY in the Universe 6 tournament then??
Because Caulilfa and Kale were nobodies that hadn't established themselves on any kind of significance in the power scale. Champa (and Vados) was in charge of gathering the six strongest warriors in his universe, and Cabba, to his ow knowledge was the most powerful Saiyan among his race. The existence of Caulifla and Kale as characters, let along how strong they were later show to become, was all down to Cabba being in charge of recruiting more fighters to represent Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power. And through sheer good fortune and happenstance of knowing another Saiyan who he used to fight along side, he just happened to hit the jackpot with Caulifla and Kale, but much more-so with Kale, in terms of power allies. If it was down to Champa, and Champa alone, to gather all ten fighters for Universe 6, I guarantee you he would have not brought Caulifla and Kale into the fold. Caulilfa and Kale were totally unknown characters until Cabba came across them. In fact, had Cabba not interacted with the either Caulifla or Kale, neither of them would have never become Super Saiyans.
I know you're primarily responding to gofishus, but that doesn't mean we have to like them. It also doesn't mean we can't disagree with how they've shown Cabba in comparison to those two. I'm no Cabba homer, but I did take a liking to him after the U6 tournament. Now he's being portrayed like garbage in front of these two new Saiyans. Personally, I think they should all be in a similar league. But unfortunately, I'm not the one in charge and says how things should go.
Unfortunately, there are some Saiyans who are just naturally ahead of the curve in terms of power or attaining certain transformations. Caulifla and Kale won the superpower lottery, while Cabba is struggling to reach beyond SSJ. What can I say? It's a tough break for a guy like him.

User avatar
Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Dominican Rep.

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Avok » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 pm

I mean, a mad scientist made two random teenagers stronger than a literal space warlord feared by pretty much an entire galaxy, so it's not too bad.
At least he has a cool vibe to him.

I'm more upset about some of these characters being at that level because of how bizarre they look. Like, there are birds, jelly monsters and fat blobs that look straight up ridiculous. :problem:

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20750
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Avok wrote:I'm more upset about some of these characters being at that level because of how bizarre they look. Like, there are birds, jelly monsters and fat blobs that look straight up ridiculous. :problem:
How is that now a problem? Dragon Ball established very early on that the unconventional aesthetics of any given character are by no means meant to taken at face value in regards to their worth in any given battle.

User avatar
Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Dominican Rep.

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Avok » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Avok wrote:I'm more upset about some of these characters being at that level because of how bizarre they look. Like, there are birds, jelly monsters and fat blobs that look straight up ridiculous. :problem:
How is that now a problem? Dragon Ball established very early on that the unconventional aesthetics of any given character are by no means meant to taken at face value in regards to their worth in any given battle.
Maybe because super strong opponents always had this distinct look, like Hit, Jiren, or even Toppo. Same with some of the Shadow Dragons in GT.

It's not that bad tho, 75% of them are basically there to fill the 80 fighters count so that's why they look so plain and boring.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by julianix » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Beerus is just a normal mortal too..he just happens to be a god.

Outside of the hakai there's nothing granted or gifted to the gods of destruction. And for all we know a lot of them might be substantially weaker than mortals in their own universes.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Kanious » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm

my "headcanon" about Jiren is that he was trained with his angel and has got strong in the level enough to be a god of destruction but rejected the role while Toppo is the one who will become the GoD after Velmouth retires. As it is implied both in anime and manga, gods can be chosen, dismissed, or retired. They have roles to follow.

But i really hope that in today's special we will have some kind of explanation, but i would not care at all if we are not given one. The entire franchise had "gaps" where we can guess and have our own headcannons, so it would not surprise me if there is no explanation at all. Maybe someday we will have "official guides" like the daizenshuu ones, but this seems so far away.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2848
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Jiren is a pride trooper. Warriors who fight for the sake of peace. He is constantly in battle, it does make sense for Jiren to be "this" strong. Look at Toppo and Dyspo, capable too.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Miracles wrote:Jiren is a pride trooper. Warriors who fight for the sake of peace. He is constantly in battle, it does make sense for Jiren to be "this" strong. Look at Toppo and Dyspo, capable too.
If this were the ginyu force it would make sense that most of the pride troops would be around the same level but with unique abilities, not that one of them, who isn’t even the leader is at Cell levels of power on way back on Namek.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2848
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Miracles wrote:Jiren is a pride trooper. Warriors who fight for the sake of peace. He is constantly in battle, it does make sense for Jiren to be "this" strong. Look at Toppo and Dyspo, capable too.
If this were the ginyu force it would make sense that most of the pride troops would be around the same level but with unique abilities, not that one of them, who isn’t even the leader is at Cell levels of power on way back on Namek.
Pride Troopers are obviously better than the Ginyu Force. They fight frequently.
You heard Toppo state that Dyspo himself achieved high speed ability through repeated constant battles.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Actually, it makes no sense for Jiren to be THIS strong..

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Miracles wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Miracles wrote:Jiren is a pride trooper. Warriors who fight for the sake of peace. He is constantly in battle, it does make sense for Jiren to be "this" strong. Look at Toppo and Dyspo, capable too.
If this were the ginyu force it would make sense that most of the pride troops would be around the same level but with unique abilities, not that one of them, who isn’t even the leader is at Cell levels of power on way back on Namek.
Pride Troopers are obviously better than the Ginyu Force. They fight frequently.
You heard Toppo state that Dyspo himself achieved high speed ability through repeated constant battles.
I’m talking about the insane gap, Captain Ginyu was only maybe 3-4x stronger than say Recoome at best. Not 100x stronger.

Post Reply