Super Episode 124 (21 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 124 (21 January 2018)

Post by Miracles » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm

What a fitting end to Gohan. I'm glad TOEI let him bow out gracefully because his presence in this tournament was already forced.
Gohan can't go from pencil pusher to god mover, glad he doesn't have the main stage.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Miracles wrote:What a fitting end to Gohan. I'm glad TOEI let him bow out gracefully because his presence in this tournament was already forced.
Gohan can't go from pencil pusher to god mover, glad he doesn't have the main stage.
Why not? I find it baffling that people can't realize that Gohan's treatment in Super was a character arc in and of itself. It culminated with him getting back his Metaphysical power, and now with taking out a major player such as Dyspo. He did really good, the main stage would have been beyond his reach anyway.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Miracles wrote:What a fitting end to Gohan. I'm glad TOEI let him bow out gracefully because his presence in this tournament was already forced.
Why not? I find it baffling that people can't realize that Gohan's treatment in Super was a character arc in and of itself. It culminated with him getting back his Metaphysical power, and now with taking out a major player such as Dyspo. He did really good, the main stage would have been beyond his reach anyway.
I agreed Gohan did well. As I stated, beating Dyspo the way he did is a "graceful" and "fitting" exit.
I just thought the way he was able to fight Blue Goku overnight and become team leader was a little too forced.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Miracles wrote: I agreed Gohan did well. As I stated, beating Dyspo the way he did is a "graceful" and "fitting" exit.
I just thought the way he was able to fight Blue Goku overnight and become team leader was a little too forced.
Yeah, he really shouldn't have been able to push Goku so far. But I think it's pretty established by this point that Goku can hold back in Blue, though he for some reason chose to go God in the ToP instead, which is kinda dumb. That's what you get when several writers do something and can't agree on the path to take. Goku's ability to hold back as a SSj Blue is proven beyond a shade of doubt though when he gets dominated by Kale, but then casually overwhelms her in "mere" SSj God. I wouldn't put Gohan anywhere near SSj Blue Goku's full power, even though he used Kaioken. Kaioken can most likely be used on top of your current powerlevel as well, not only on top of your max.

Gohan shouldn't be higher than Buuhan level at that point, considering how little time he had to train since re-accessing his Mythical state.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Miracles wrote: I agreed Gohan did well. As I stated, beating Dyspo the way he did is a "graceful" and "fitting" exit.
Yeah, he really shouldn't have been able to push Goku so far. But I think it's pretty established by this point that Goku can hold back in Blue, though he for some reason chose to go God in the ToP instead, which is kinda dumb. That's what you get when several writers do something and can't agree on the path to take. Goku's ability to hold back as a SSj Blue is proven beyond a shade of doubt though when he gets dominated by Kale, but then casually overwhelms her in "mere" SSj God. I wouldn't put Gohan anywhere near SSj Blue Goku's full power, even though he used Kaioken. Kaioken can most likely be used on top of your current powerlevel as well, not only on top of your max.

Gohan shouldn't be higher than Buuhan level at that point, considering how little time he had to train since re-accessing his Mythical state.
Yeah, that's why I thought it was good for Gohan to sacrifice himself. Showing qualities of a good leader and his selflessness.
I know people are mad, looking for a Cell-games moment but Ultra Instinct Goku pretty much wiped that notion out.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 am

Shame we didn't get to see more of the other Pride Troopers. I feel if they return in later arcs (should Super return) that there's a lot of potential there. They have come to be some of the cooler new characters of current DB for me.

Gohan deserved to be knocked out in a more visually appealing way. I feel like 20 seconds of footage went missing. Freeza's hand > boom > Priest > Gohan on bench. i'd like to have seen him flying off the ring down into the void. Little detail, but still.

Toppo is going to be a ton of fun in coming episodes. Can't wait.