"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:11 am

Thani wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 am
TobyS wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm
Thani wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Basically...
So far that's all we have.
Thanks a lot, so is Caulifla dead? I guess preventing Kefla stops anyone other than a couple of instances of Goku and a few of the super era villians being stronger than Shallot and the main baddies.

Damn Shallot should really not be weaker than a GT dragon but I guess he will probably get a ROSAT visit or Blue next.
I don't think they'll kill Caulifla without showing us Kefla, so as it stands she's just a hostage for now.

Yeah, I didn't really expect Shallot to lose to Nuova despite being a Super Saiyan God, not sure if I appreciate it. It feels like the game is pushing the SS4 = Blue in power that Heroes went with (which is reinforced by past events, like Omega Shenron and Merged Zamasu being somewhat relative to one another, and SS4 Gogeta being formed to challenge Corrupted M. Zamasu).
Yeah it made sense in heroes because they are older and trained to max right at the start of the manga. So the multiplier is lower but the base is higher.

But TBH I can kinda see why they did it because blue now has Evolved and they have two UI's and Ultra Ego now. Even full power SS4 would be Evolved's level so they don't want them to be useless I guess.

Plus it's also about the time they have added them to the story too.

We will see I guess.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:03 am

I just realized, if Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue are equal in power, Super Saiyan 4 will just continue to be left in the dust, as Super continues to introduce more and more forms. GT, being a completed series, can't introduce a Super Saiyan 5 Goku to fight Super Ultra Ego Instinct Kaioken X10 Goku.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:08 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:03 am I just realized, if Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue are equal in power, Super Saiyan 4 will just continue to be left in the dust, as Super continues to introduce more and more forms. GT, being a completed series, can't introduce a Super Saiyan 5 Goku to fight Super Ultra Ego Instinct Kaioken X10 Goku.
Well, Heroes introduced Limit Breaker SS4 for that purpose so games can just go that route.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:45 pm

I mean, I don't really see a problem. Strictly speaking, SSG and SSB are essentially SS5 and SS6 since they were introduced after GT ended.

And even then, if you count SSG as a direct upgrade from SS3, then it still makes the form essentially the SS4 of Super.

SS4 would eventually get overshadowed. The writers should really make all the forms relevant somehow tho, in my opinion.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:09 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:08 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:03 am I just realized, if Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue are equal in power, Super Saiyan 4 will just continue to be left in the dust, as Super continues to introduce more and more forms. GT, being a completed series, can't introduce a Super Saiyan 5 Goku to fight Super Ultra Ego Instinct Kaioken X10 Goku.
Well, Heroes introduced Limit Breaker SS4 for that purpose so games can just go that route.
That is most likely not going to happen tho. Unless they suddenly start doing Heroes collaborations, they have yet to add anything that has not showed up in the anime -excluding FighterZ and Kakarot's collabs- so it couldn't be anytime soon... but it can't be after UI shows up either, because Limitbreaker is still weaker than it.
Thani wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:45 pm I mean, I don't really see a problem. Strictly speaking, SSG and SSB are essentially SS5 and SS6 since they were introduced after GT ended.

And even then, if you count SSG as a direct upgrade from SS3, then it still makes the form essentially the SS4 of Super.

SS4 would eventually get overshadowed. The writers should really make all the forms relevant somehow tho, in my opinion.
Agreed. Not to mention, they follow the DBS anime, so Goku has yet to be able to access to UI at will -and while Vegeta has access to Evolution, he is nowhere to be seen- so it is not like they don't have chances to let SS4 shine if they want to. And unlike Heroes, the SS4 versions of Goku/Vegeta are not supposed to be main characters at all, so there is no real reason to force them to "keep up".
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:42 pm

The game has improved a lot in this recent version, but man that Full Battle mode is really annoying! I'm all for challenging stuff, but this one is pure luck/RNG, not much a fan of stressing myself lol

Speaking about luck didn't had any as I couldn't get any of the new ULTRAs, not even LF Jiren, the rates are really low damn!

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:03 am

Noah wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:42 pm The game has improved a lot in this recent version, but man that Full Battle mode is really annoying! I'm all for challenging stuff, but this one is pure luck/RNG, not much a fan of stressing myself lol

Speaking about luck didn't had any as I couldn't get any of the new ULTRAs, not even LF Jiren, the rates are really low damn!

I've been playing the game almost every day since launch. All of my characters are level 5000, with many fully awakened, and currently all but one with all of their nodes unlocked. I have such a backlog on souls and training items, any time I get a new character in a summon, they're maxed out on everything but awakening rank pretty much instantly. I still can't beat that damn new mode, nor do I see how it is even possible, unless there's some secret strategy I'm not seeing.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:30 pm

Honestly, I don't really wanna see either Giblet or Shallot getting Super Saiyan Blue. I know it's the natural evolution on God, but I'd much rather see the twins developing the God form to new heights - maybe even a SS God Evolution! Have THAT be on Blue's level, imo.

Also finally Shallot defeats Nuova, putting him squarely on the dragon's level and honestly pretty close to SS4 Goku from GT. And now Giblet is gonna fight Syn Shenron, another SS4-level Shadow Dragon. I hope good things from him!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 am

They're going to get Blue. They're just taking their time with it, knowing that it is essentially the final Super Saiyan transformation. Besides maybe Super Saiyan Blue Evolution or Kaioken Blue (doubtful, since Shallot never learned how to use Kaioken), they don't really have much further for Shallot to go. I guess if they really wanted to, they could give Shallot SS4, but that would be a sideways progression, rather than an upwards progression. Ultra Instinct would be next, and that is currently still the highest form. If they give Shallot Ultra Instinct, they'll probably start him off with the Sign form and milk that one for a while before giving him Mastered form.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:34 pm

I hope this game won’t get discontinued soon. Got back to it after 8 months of hiatus so catching up and nothing much happened. After being happy about Ultra characters, quite dissapointed as I missed on Gogeta and Blue Goku was total pain to get, which I managed like 3 hours before the summon ended.

On people speculating about forms, of course that Shallot and his brother will get SSJ Blue after being Gods.
For Heroes and other characters, Legends so far uses characters strictly from anime and nothing else except for Android 21. I don’t see that to change anytime soon.

Back to my first paragraph - I wonder if they will step up with the characters, Full Power Jiren was probably the last most original adition and now there is summon with really bad RNG with basically recycled Freeza and Whis.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:19 pm

Seeing the demo of the new Whis, I thought they gave him the same Ultra Instinct dodge ability as Goku. Was disappointed to see that wasn't the case. It would have made sense for his character, since angels are apparently permanently in Ultra Instinct.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:42 pm

I dunno, I wasted ton of crystals on the banner and then I thought, let’s wait for those step up banners with something more interesting… and bam! Limited androids. Got them in first round with no Whis or Freeza and not interested, EX Whis is fine and already have two Golden Freezas. This one just has a halo and different flashy special.

I would like some Masters 4 banner already, as I have most of the characters maxed out and getting the tokens instead, only missing stars on the rare ones, and funnily enough, Super Buu Sp is the only old character I don’t have and no banners are featuring him since :lol:

So the check box on the new limited Androids is checked, now I am focusing on getting 200 hundred energy for Vegito to limit break him, as I have all 7 tiers but missing the one star for limit break :lolno:

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Still no Blue Shallot? That's a shame lmao

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:02 am

Got the Gamma 2 from banner, nothing special besides it being a cross promotion.
Somehow, I am not sure that I like his design really, somehow, I feel the visual clash with the Z era designs.

At least, we will get Gamma 1, 100 Z powers for free after 14 days of playing and doing missions :lol:

But nothing special about the characters so far, unless they have some interesting dialogue options, so far:
Looks like they are just generic throw ins. But nice to hear the voice actors.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:47 am

Is Giblet a playable character now ? :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:13 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:47 am Is Giblet a playable character now ? :eh:
I don't think so. There are a few story missions where he's forced on your team, though.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:58 pm

Ok because hear me out

What if they take the opportunities to put Giblet as full playable at some point

So you have the two twins one follow the SSJ4 route with ultimately the Limit Breaker stuff and the other Super Saiyan Blue and Blue Evolution with one Ultra Ego and the Other Ultra Instinct ?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:58 pm Ok because hear me out

What if they take the opportunities to put Giblet as full playable at some point

So you have the two twins one follow the SSJ4 route with ultimately the Limit Breaker stuff and the other Super Saiyan Blue and Blue Evolution with one Ultra Ego and the Other Ultra Instinct ?
That is a possibility... I figured they'd just give SS4 to Shallot at some point. The only thing that makes this seem unlikely to me is that Giblet already has Super Saiyan God form. The next logical step from there is Blue, since it's a Super Saiyan level of God. But who knows? Maybe Giblet will meet someone with Super Saiyan 4 and decide to take a different route.

One taking Ultra Instinct while the other gets Ultra Ego seems more likely, since they are independent forms unrelated to Super Saiyan. I've yet to see Ultra Ego acknowledged outside of the manga, though... It's a shame, because I think it's a genuinely cool form, and it makes more sense for a character like Vegeta.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:21 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:23 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:58 pm Ok because hear me out

That is a possibility... I figured they'd just give SS4 to Shallot at some point. The only thing that makes this seem unlikely to me is that Giblet already has Super Saiyan God form. The next logical step from there is Blue, since it's a Super Saiyan level of God. But who knows? Maybe Giblet will meet someone with Super Saiyan 4 and decide to take a different route.

One taking Ultra Instinct while the other gets Ultra Ego seems more likely, since they are independent forms unrelated to Super Saiyan. I've yet to see Ultra Ego acknowledged outside of the manga, though... It's a shame, because I think it's a genuinely cool form, and it makes more sense for a character like Vegeta.
To be honest we have enough room and time before all of that can be considered so Dragon Ball Super has room to come back and do the Moro / Granolah arc (with perhaps Broly and Super Hero in addition)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Man, I'm sure have some lucky on Legends anniversary banners as this is the second in a row that I managed to get all chars and I thought it would be pretty hard to get MUI Goku, well probably the rates are not low as ULTRA banners.

I kinda like those 7+ events, but my biggest gripe with these are that apart from being chars with different stats they have the same model as their older versions. Well, that was not like the Universe 7 event where you could get Goku (with a different strike card animation), Krillin and Tien in more polished models. Got give kudos to them for trying to not recycle much the same models over and over again.

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?