"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:11 pm

When the game first started, it seemed like we were getting new transformations for Shallot all the time. Each arc had a new transformation. Once they got to God, though, I swear the writers were like, "Crap! We've only got one Super Saiyan level left! We've gotta make this one last!" So now they're dragging it out a bit. lol

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:11 pm When the game first started, it seemed like we were getting new transformations for Shallot all the time. Each arc had a new transformation. Once they got to God, though, I swear the writers were like, "Crap! We've only got one Super Saiyan level left! We've gotta make this one last!" So now they're dragging it out a bit. lol
They should have given Shallot access to Wrathful Saiyan, False Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan, Golden Great Ape, and Super Saiyan 3.5 before giving him Super Saiyan God in the very first place.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:19 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:22 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:11 pm When the game first started, it seemed like we were getting new transformations for Shallot all the time. Each arc had a new transformation. Once they got to God, though, I swear the writers were like, "Crap! We've only got one Super Saiyan level left! We've gotta make this one last!" So now they're dragging it out a bit. lol
They should have given Shallot access to Wrathful Saiyan, False Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan, Golden Great Ape, and Super Saiyan 3.5 before giving him Super Saiyan God in the very first place.
They could have done this, but they would have had to use a different story structure. In the beginning, Shallot's story pretty much mirrored Goku's. He learned to go Super Saiyan to fight Frieza. He learns Super Saiyan 2 to battle Cell. They could have had more stuff in the middle, but they might not have known how long this game would be supported. The don't seem to know when it will end, apparently winging it until interest dies.

Well, they do have more opportunities for transformations if they don't stick strictly to just the Super anime/movies. First, I'm betting we'll get an unlockable Giblet at some point. I'm kinda surprised he isn't available already. Someone suggested earlier in the thread that he and Shallot could go different paths when it comes to transformations. Most likely, they'll both get Blue at some point, but the game does use GT as canon within its story, so maybe Giblet will go a different direction, unlocking Super Saiyan 4 instead, and Super Dragon Ball Heroes has a cool looking upgrade to that transformation which is more powerful than Blue. Then maybe Shallot will get Ultra Instict Sign, then the Mastered form, while Giblet gets Ultra Ego. Shallot could even learn how to use Ultra Instinct in his previous forms, as Goku seems to be learning to do in the manga, and that would potentially nearly multiply his possible transformations by two.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Wow! Can't believe it's already been 4 years since I started playing Legends. I always remember cause it was in 3 days after France won the 2018 FIFA World Cup (July 18th).

I always wanted to play a game that made me feel something similar to when I played Tenkaichi 3: completely own my opponents with fast powerful blows, dazzling special techniques and ultimate moves. Dokkan was the most popular DB mobile game at time and never atracted me to download it. When I fist knew about Legends I thought... It could be?

Then I started and was actually a bit clumsy, but I still kept going until nowadays and I don't have any regret of it. Glad to see all the development the game got in this whole period. It's not close to be perfect (it's a gacha game after all), but still managed to kept me amused like long time I hadn't with a DB game. As I believe everyone here would agree there's nothing more satisfactory than winning a close PvP match were things started bad for you :D

Thank you, Legends!

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:43 am

I wonder how long it's going to take for them to add Full-Fledged Piccolo, Orange Piccolo and Gohan Beast - therefore granting us superb artworks of those forms.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:27 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:43 am I wonder how long it's going to take for them to add Full-Fledged Piccolo, Orange Piccolo and Gohan Beast - therefore granting us superb artworks of those forms.
I dunno... I have stopped playing the game.
I kinda fell into the gambling trap with it during the anniversary, spent quite some money on CC... I haven't got Ultra Vegito, haven't got the Dragon Fist Goku and told myself it's not worth it.

So I have gathered at least some CC through free play and went through 2 cycles on the new Trunks recently, haven't got him.
This combined with them not adding pretty much anything new, as they are just recycling characters pretty much, the summons and the rates getting even more worse (like I've got UI Goku, but I was really interested in that extreme unit Yurin, haven't got her even tho I cycled like 20 times) and exlusive modes being unplayable without new characters pretty much killed the game for me.
The story was always kinda boring rethread of pretty much all of the ''original'' stories we got in games, but it was at least fun to level Shallot and later getting him forms, but it's quite slugfest.

We don't even have a Mecha Freeza and they are getting slower and slower on adding units.
Hence that's it for me with Legends and I will check from time to time. The last time it was really fun was, when you had to work for Ultra Goku, Vegeta and Shenron, but the recent characters like Majin Vegeta or another Perfect Cell are not worth any effort.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:41 pm

One thing I think would make the game better would be if banners had fewer characters in them. Any time there's a new banner, there's maybe two or three new characters? Then they pack the rest with every single Extreme character, every single Hero character, and 50 Sparking characters we've seen before. It ends up being that even when you get a Sparking character in a brand new banner, if you've been playing the game a while, there's a good chance you've already got that Sparking character fully upgraded. The chances of getting something new becomes so freaking small.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:39 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:41 pm One thing I think would make the game better would be if banners had fewer characters in them. Any time there's a new banner, there's maybe two or three new characters? Then they pack the rest with every single Extreme character, every single Hero character, and 50 Sparking characters we've seen before. It ends up being that even when you get a Sparking character in a brand new banner, if you've been playing the game a while, there's a good chance you've already got that Sparking character fully upgraded. The chances of getting something new becomes so freaking small.
That is exactly my problem… most of the characters I have maxed out and the RNG in the new banners promising 1200 power are loaded with basically all the game characters. I am basically getting nothing, as I play the game with few hiatuses since day one.

Or, in western games, you can buy shards, gems etc. or directly for money and change them for characters you want. Sure you have to spend a lot to max the characters out, but at least you get what you want and it’s fair in a way.

Legends is cool for new players, you get “loads” of characters, but for veterans, there is nothing new except for farming CCs in small amounts or bleed money and you still won’t get the new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:33 pm

When I first started the game, it was my impression that the entire point of having various banners was for each to have a different set of characters. And I'm sure that's true to some extent, when you have to comb through one hundred characters to find the differences, I don't think it works out very well. I would love it if they'd instead have themed banners, rather than random assortments of characters, with the main differences being the Sparking/Ultra characters on the face of the banners.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:05 pm

This wouldn't be so bad either but there are some events that basically require the spotlight characters just to even beat it because it is outright impossible, or at the very least stacked against your favour. Maybe you can do it without the spotlight character if you are a super expert, but most people would just throw in the towel and not bother until they at least have the character anyway.

This goes for co-op on extreme, where a spotlight character means more than a character that just so happens to have the tag. In their defense, veteran players would have at least one of these characters to play as, but overall it creates a defeating experience where they may feel desperate to spend more money on microtransactions if that character is too weak to even use. And after all, that's where the real money is made for mobile gaming.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Wow, the last update is terrible. PvE is almost a nightmare to beat now, AI is evading everything like crazy and it takes lots of hours to beat a mode I used to clear in little over a hour (Ultra Space Time Rush)
What have they done. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Here's a video of what I mean:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonballLege ... d0/part_2/

I hope the playerbase will be loud this time so they can fix it ASAP.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:19 pm

Did I said too soon? Oh god, I said too soon!
Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:21 pmI hope the playerbase will be loud this time so they can fix it ASAP.
This last updated was really the worse, I will not elaborate that was Reddit video from Legends page sums up the whole thing masterfully.

A few weeks ago I would rage about it, but then It looks like the DEVS addressed many players content regarding the large amount of difficulty in PVE content with bosses with too much HP that could one shot you even if you are in color advantage. Now even though floatstep is gone, I can still beat Zenkai Ultra Space-Time, Supreme Bosses and Gautlet events with a bit of hardwork. Kudos to them on that.

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:15 pm

Wow, the game is getting even worse since I stopped playing. I had some hopes that I might jump back on the train if that changes in the future, but wow. I really wonder how long will the game survive with this attitude.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:58 pm

You know, I'm not even sure if anyone besides me is still playing this game, but did you guys feel that the hype for the announcement was a little... I don't know, gave it more expectations for a feature change done later on? Or maybe it was my fault for being so excited I guess.

Besides some new characters from Super Hero like Gohan Beast, which is pretty sweet (although a lack of Orange Piccolo is a bit disappointing) and the implementation of Gamma 1 and 2's English voices (finally), the most I know is the rising rush system of the Co op mode being changed.

Although I might just be missing something from the announcement since I skimmed over it except for the big reveals.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:27 pm

I still play it. Even if they made fighting NPCs more annoying, I still mostly enjoy it. And yeah, I was expecting a little more from this announcement than a new Super Hero banner. I spent all my chrono crystals on it and didn't get any of the new characters. So yay. lol

They're definitely saving Orange Piccolo for a separate banner, which is annoying. Yellow Piccolo is better than nothing, I guess. Noticed Pan in there too. While she's probably not the strongest of characters, I'm glad she has representation. That's one nice thing about this game. Pretty everyone is playable. Except Pilaf, Garlic Jr., the manga exclusive characters, and a few others.

Hoping we'll get some more story soon. It feels like the main plot is coming to a conclusion soon, which makes me wonder what they'll do next.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:09 am

Year ago, I would be pretty excited about Super Hero banner with Beast Gohan and new characters, but I see this trend around the internet. Stopped playing after anniversary, as I didn't got the banner specific characters even after going already into 8 round and spent tons of crystals, even bought some packs from shop in discount. After not getting an extreme characters for god sake, Yurin, I just quit.

I might try, open the game after months and go for Beast Gohan, but I know that I will just waste time that I can spend on doing something else.

This game really went downhill in past year. I am bit saddened looking back, when they introduced plethora of events and modes, complaining how much time it takes to spend on them that lead me to focus mostly on PVP, but at the same time, when I invested the time in those, I had a sense of reward.
Now it is basically a hazard game akin to SW Battlefront 2 lootboxes. Events are locked behind a specific character wall, so go spend ton of money on crystals and if you are lucky, you might get the character, but the chances are very slim. Without it, you can barely excel in these events or not at all, players will quit you on co-op and doesn't matter if you have skill or have a powerful character like Super Broly with Paragus that could've actually rival a lot of opponents with ease and in PVP, you get wrecked by these new units.

From one of the best mobile games in terms of gameplay and rewards, this turned into an unfair money milker and basically makes you a gambler. I actually had to delete the game, to not get caught in discounts and shell my money on it, to support my reason.

And don't take me wrong, sure the developers and company have to earn money somehow to make living, to support the servers, maintenance and development of new content, but there are better ways to do it.
I will be repeating myself, but imagine having a Beast Gohan or other unique character banners that you can summon with in-game tickets, shards or whatever in-game currency you can think of and honestly, I will pay for example 20 dollars for such to get basic three star character in current season, or they can rotate on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly basis - and achievers and completists will for sure pay more to max the character out.
What the game does now is basically a scam which you agree upon by the terms and actions, as many people explained, the RNG in video games is hardly fair. Digital gambling is always programmed to be less fair than the physical one and at the same time is not transparent at all.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:53 pm

A few months after Legends worst updated and as I addressed at time: they fixed the AI so battles against Bosses don't feel unfair like was before. Still can do practically anything in the game (not counting PVP) and got used to the lack of floatstep.

Son Gohan Beast and Piccolo (Awakened) were expected, but could they stop having character swinging one of their arms after a Legendary Finish?
It is getting pretty old. I feel a lack of creativity there.

Anyway, interesting that Piccolo Orange will come after Gohan Beast, it will be a better unit? I don't know, didn't had the luck to get this one for me.

The story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 pm

So they changed co-op now? I was confused (and irritated) at why it was forcing me through a tutorial for something I'd done a thousand times already, and just started skipping through it, when I noticed, "Wait a minute... Do we each have two characters now?" This is an interesting change. The bosses also seem to cycle through elements over time, and we get these bonuses based on actions in the middle of the fights. Seems like those would be fulfilled pretty mindlessly, though. Oh. Bonus action. Hit with two melee attacks and two--aaaand it's done.

Edit: The tutorial's not done yet. Man, they've changed more than I expected. Now bosses can bound you or your ally, and you free them by attacking. They changed how Rising Rush works here too.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 pm

The story is leading up to something which is really interesting. I didn't see this coming. I wonder if they'll go through with it, or have it fail.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:08 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:53 pm... didn't had the luck to get this one for me

I said that last month and suddenly weeks after I got lucky not only to get Beast Gohan, but Yellow Piccolo and "Demon Child" Pan and I say that cause man, she was really annoying to fight against it in PvP... Nullify color advantage for 60 seconds, destroy your cards with her Green Card? So frustating, but now I can have the others taste it too. I'm using only this trio on PvP and it's been a while since the last time I lost a match lol

On the other side I still have my bad luck regarding tag characters (and summonable ULTRAs) never got these ones since the first introduced, SSJ4 Duo are pretty damn OP, but nothing that you can't defeat with skill.

Co-Op changes are nice, though I usually just play it for Zenkai missions, it's good that we can form a perfect Rising Rush easier and revive our buddy.

The story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs