Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:13 am

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:14 am
This reminds me of how the "normal" version of Future Trunks was so important in the anime at first, before just disappearing after the Hearts conflict was over.

I mean he does deserve a damn good break for sure, but I do wonder why they had he appear at all in the first place if his Xeno version was going to get SSG and all but replace him

I suspect that it was because he has the beef with Zamasu who was back in this arc.

They were also introducing the super characters in this arc and he's one of them.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:04 pm

Episode 47:

- I couldn't identify, but who was the other one on Chilled's side? Also I don't remember if the namekian in black gi is Nail :think:

- I liked new Dabura design, hope this new villains have a decent role this time

- Interesting that LB SSJ4 Gogeta used a similar technique that SSJB Gogeta also used while fighting a Broly lol

- That "Dark Reflection" was a cool counter

Episode 48:

- I love how good Yamcha is being treated on this, I mean after years being sh*tted by this same franchise, that's really nice for a change, even though this is just a promotional side series

- Original purple hair Trunks is the best, also he and Future Trunks vs. Cell and other villains? Hope this to have a good animation when we get there

- Fusion is pretty overused in this, but who cares! Always nice to see more Vegetto :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:09 am

If one day someone told me Vegetto would become a joke, a contender for memes, the meaning of "uselessness" and that his fans would not have a great time seeing him back, I would have not believed in the slightest, yet here we are... One more appearance, one more failure. This man hasn't accomplished anything, anything at all throughout all of his appearances. I guess here comes "nope, he achieved his plan to get himself absorbed" but I don't think that works even as a consolation. Goku and Vegeta could have come up with that idea separately, unless only Vegetto could use that barrier, but we don't have evidences for that.

Well, this is a clear sign for the Vegettos to not appear anymore, it's embarassing at this point. It's also for the better that they no longer appear because it's time for Gohanks, Vegenks and other fusions now. Even though Gogeta has a better track record, it's time to retire them. I guess the last hope is to see how the arcade and the manga will handle Vegetto, and although there is a chance they'll make something different, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway, what can I say about the Father-Son-Grandson combination attack? Just that it took them long enough to do something like that. It's very interesting that Bardock knows Gohan, I doubt this will lead to a nice family scene (besides the aforementioned attack) later on but I have to wonder if Gohan knows who he is.

From what I can tell, it's because of Kaioshin of Time giving more power to Gohan and Bardock that they could achieve Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 4 respectively, possibly for their first time. We will have to wait to see what the arcade and manga tell us, though (but this would explain why Bardock didn't use Super Saiyan 4 against Goku Black before).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:09 am

My my, I really liked Demigra's final form (I don't know the exact name sorry.)
I personally don't think that Vegetto is "useless", although I can understand that his utility might not be satisfactory for some people because they expect/want him to finish the job with his own hands. The family kamehameha with Goku, Gohan and Bardock was touching and cool. But, I personally was not that much hyped when I saw that scene ... maybe because it's something that we have already seen before sooo it's still pretty cool but not refreshing. I was more hyped to see all the warriors gathered, specially the U6 Saiyans joining in. I don't know if I should expect something from this (probably not), but I would like to see some interaction between Z Broly and the U6 Saiyans and finally let Broly talk a little bit.. haha

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:06 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:09 am If one day someone told me Vegetto would become a joke, a contender for memes, the meaning of "uselessness" and that his fans would not have a great time seeing him back, I would have not believed in the slightest, yet here we are... One more appearance, one more failure. This man hasn't accomplished anything, anything at all throughout all of his appearances. I guess here comes "nope, he achieved his plan to get himself absorbed" but I don't think that works even as a consolation. Goku and Vegeta could have come up with that idea separately, unless only Vegetto could use that barrier, but we don't have evidences for that.

Well, this is a clear sign for the Vegettos to not appear anymore, it's embarassing at this point. It's also for the better that they no longer appear because it's time for Gohanks, Vegenks and other fusions now. Even though Gogeta has a better track record, it's time to retire them. I guess the last hope is to see how the arcade and the manga will handle Vegetto, and although there is a chance they'll make something different, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway, what can I say about the Father-Son-Grandson combination attack? Just that it took them long enough to do something like that. It's very interesting that Bardock knows Gohan, I doubt this will lead to a nice family scene (besides the aforementioned attack) later on but I have to wonder if Gohan knows who he is.

From what I can tell, it's because of Kaioshin of Time giving more power to Gohan and Bardock that they could achieve Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 4 respectively, possibly for their first time. We will have to wait to see what the arcade and manga tell us, though (but this would explain why Bardock didn't use Super Saiyan 4 against Goku Black before).
Vegito Xeno put a lot of word in previous missions and was instrumental in beating Mechakibura. Is only Vegito Blue the one being useless.

And that is Bardock Xeno who was part of the Time Patrol and achieved SS4 on his own during the fight against Mechakibura. The question is why he didn't use it before.

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:42 pm

Fusion has become way too overused on this show.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Well, yeah. Japan freaking loves Gogeta and Vegito.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:39 pm

I did like the neat touch that the possessed villains didn't like that Demigra was planning on killing them as well as the Time Patrol.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:42 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:06 pmAnd that is Bardock Xeno who was part of the Time Patrol and achieved SS4 on his own during the fight against Mechakibura.
How do we know that?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:42 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:06 pmAnd that is Bardock Xeno who was part of the Time Patrol and achieved SS4 on his own during the fight against Mechakibura.
How do we know that?
Because it was stated in the manga months ago and him going SS4 just confirmed it.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:17 pm

That generation kamehameha was ... the best :thumbup:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:08 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:49 pmBecause it was stated in the manga months ago and him going SS4 just confirmed it.
Oh, right you are. Though there's nothing preventing them from coming up with another Bardock that can transform into Super Saiyan 4, there are two already. Let's see if that backstory is also true for the anime and arcade continuities.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:26 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:08 pm Oh, right you are. Though there's nothing preventing them from coming up with another Bardock that can transform into Super Saiyan 4, there are two already.
well, Bardock:BR hasn't got any transformation yet....

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:17 am

He will get Oozaru if Granolah saga is ever animated (though technically he isn't "Bardock: BR" anymore), but I doubt they will give him anything else.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:17 pm

Episode 49:

- Vegetto has totally pulled off that move of chucking his opponent by the leg before... but was it with Zamasu or Boo? :think:

- I liked this new form of Demigra as well. Some might find it generic with that devilish appearance that some villains tend to have, but he's a demon, so yea it kind of makes sense for him to look like that

- I wonder what's the logic behind increasing the power of your allies if you're planning to kill everyone at once anyway lol

- Shirtless Goku using his Super Kamehameha against a Supernova-like attack gives me Movie 5 vibes :D

- This fanservice is both good and bad at the same time. It's good because damn, everyone loves Future Gohan and Bardock, but IIRC, these two barely had any interactions with this Goku... but we could still call this technique 'Alternative Family Kamehameha,' right? lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:13 am

Apparently the next episode might be the very last one :shock:
We lived to see the day :lol:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:04 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:13 am Apparently the next episode might be the very last one :shock:
We lived to see the day :lol:
Yeah I heard that rumour too, basically tomorrow or the next day, if the ep has no next episode preview is probably how we know.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:30 am

Well, it wasn't the last episode, but probably the longest one to date yet :shock:
Majin Ozotto HYPE~! :twisted: