"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Just wondering, is Kane playable and dose he have his own move set?
This was confirmed a while ago, along with Galena

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 am

I just saw a video with Deku and the music playing was "You Say Run" which was from the series. Is that actually in the game or was that just done for the particular video?

If it's the former then are there other songs from these shows in the game?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm

That's likely an edit, but I do wonder if there might not be a chance for a song pack DLC, similar to the Anisong edition of J-Stars (that was only available in Japan sadly). I'd buy the shit out of that.

We got a new trailer too, the Launch Trailer (since early access for people who bought the massive edition starts tomorrow).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Sorry for the double post, but this is more info on the game that some people might want to know about before they buy if they haven't already pre-ordered it. So, uh...you know how we can put various character moves on our CAC? Apparently that's...quite a bit more limited than we would have likely wanted...

You can literally only use one of Luffy or Yugi's moves, and literally NONE of Renji, Ryo Saeba, Jotaro Kujo, or DIO's moves. A lot of the unusable moves are also Ultimates, so picking Ultimate skills are going to be a lot more limited than need be.

I don't understand the logic on this. If the moves are 'broken' or something, then...wouldn't they also be broken on the characters that have them? And if it's a story reason, that's also kinda stupid, because...well, just using the video for example here - we can use some of Ichigo's moves, and other swordsman-ship moves from other characters. For those, we don't suddenly develop their sword, we get like an energy sword in the same basic shape. If the cube that gives our character power can do that, then...why...can't it give us an all-blue-energy version of Star Platinum or Slifer the Sky Dragon to attack with too? Especially in the case of the Yugi moves because they're LITERALLY CARDS BROUGHT TO LIFE. The cube can give us all sorts of energy attacks, but not allow us to play a children's card game?! :lol:

I just...I...what even was the dev team thinking on this one?

Edit: Also watching this video about all of the outfit options, and all of the outfits are named pretty generically (rather than like 'Naruto's Clothes' so we know what the hell they're from in cases of series one might not be as familiar with), and unfortunately it's doing the same thing Xenoverse does with hats where if we wear someone's hat or headband, we also get their hair. Also would like to know why THAT'S a thing. :crazy:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

The AI in this game can suck a dick.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 am

So how big is like your teams roster, could I fill it with db, CAC, and I guess bleach if I have space left?

I don't think I know any other franchises, just roughly peripherally aware of their stories.

Only good guys in your teams?

A shame there's no guts but I know he's Young animal not SJ but I hoped he'd be like characters in soul caliber where they guest spot.

Anyone beat the story mode able to tell me if it could be canon to db continuity wise?

Is there a plot reason how characters with different power levels can fight. Like an in universe excuse?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Some reviews are dropping:

https://opencritic.com/game/7160/jump-force
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was expecting. A lot of people are calling it dull and disappointing.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Do CaCs get access to Awakening skills?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 pm

This game is offensive to my eyes.

And the content is hella barebones. J-Star Victory VS+ had more content than this game.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Just wondering, is Kane playable and dose he have his own move set?
Nobody's figured out how to unlock them yet, though.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:13 am

The S wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Nobody's figured out how to unlock them yet, though.
I'm reckoning it'll be a dlc thing

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:29 am

Having fun playing with friends, definitely a casual game to just joke around with and make the most of it. I haven't even touched story mode that I didn't have to yet, and quite frankly I don't think I will as the cutscenes are a joke with terrible animation and no care put into it. I'll probably do it just to get the trophies and that's about it. I really just care about PVP.

However, with the game itself there are quite a few things bothering me. One main thing being that you can't rematch people after the match is done. You have to leave the lobby, make a new one and invite them again EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. That is just absolutely ridiculous, is there no actual multi-person lobby in this game? This is like 2005 level online accessibility, holy crap. Maybe I'm missing an area or mode and if there is one, I'll take back my words in a heartbeat.

Even though I love some of the characters in this game (JoJo/Yu-Gi-Oh! characters are by far the coolest in this game no doubt) I'm still bummed by the roster a bit and hopefully with updates and DLC they'll add more series down the line that deserve it (Gintoki hurry up in here)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:07 pm

https://imgtc.com/i/fsuKYOO.jpg

Made my guy. Played through a little , I'm loving this game. I'm obviously on team goku

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Patches are coming, here's some translated notes:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 pm

SSJmole wrote:https://imgtc.com/i/fsuKYOO.jpg

Made my guy. Played through a little , I'm loving this game. I'm obviously on team goku
How big are the teams do you always have say, 4 people?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm

TobyS wrote:

Oh in battle teams are 3 Vs 3 but the team I meant is its split in to 3 teams lead by goku , Luffy and Naruto. With characters from everything falling into those 3 like trunks is on Narutos team for example.

Side note found Saiyan armour pants ect are sold at vendor in luffys team area. I got pants and boots https://i.imgtc.com/1lb60q6.jpg much better now I know I know ichigo's mask is sold at gokus vendor I'll need to buy that in future lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

TobyS wrote:

The player is asked to join one of three teams at the start of the game. There's an offensive team, a defensive team, and an espionage team. Each has a different team leader. Goku, I think, leads the defensive team, Team Beta.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
TobyS wrote:

The player is asked to join one of three teams at the start of the game. There's an offensive team, a defensive team, and an espionage team. Each has a different team leader. Goku, I think, leads the defensive team, Team Beta.
Goku is Alpha
Luffy is Beta

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 pm

I think I remember seeing a desk for something that seemed to be Jump Force's equivalent to Parallel Quests back during the Live Beta, so what's that like in the full game? Are there any skills or outfit pieces that you have to get from them, and if so, how bad is the RNG?

Also, when it comes to unlocking skills, once we have them, are they unlocked across all other CAC's, or do we have to re-unlock things for each character? I'd assume we have to buy multiple of the clothing pieces just like in Xenoverse as well.
Twitter