"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:53 pm

If DBS doesn't come back in October, the next excuse will be Sailor Moon 2020 movie :lol:

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:53 pm
If DBS doesn't come back in October, the next excuse will be Sailor Moon 2020 movie :lol:
Or the Olympics! Since Goku is mascot they don't want a new series starting to take the attention away from that :P

But seriously since all the supposed info came from Toei Phill guess that makes this and open and shut case.

We had a similar fiasco in 2016 when someone pretended to be an animator showed genga etc people believed it and thought Toei were scrapping things and lo it turned out the person was fake. So someone showing Genga is not really proof.

Time to chain this thread and throw away the key I say.

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 pm

What do you guys think the odds are for a DBS return announcement at Anime Expo? I mean, it's been in Toei's twitter handle for awhile and it's called Anime Expo. Or maybe San Diego Comic Con later in the month like they did when the Broly trailer dropped?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:55 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 pm
What do you guys think the odds are for a DBS return announcement at Anime Expo? I mean, it's been in Toei's twitter handle for awhile and it's called Anime Expo. Or maybe San Diego Comic Con later in the month like they did when the Broly trailer dropped?
The announcement will come in Japan, as global as DB is, Japan is still the home nation and all the big announcements are made there. Super in 2015, Broly at Jump Festa...

IF 2per or the movie gets announced before SDCC then I can see the first official trailer being dropped at SDCC but not the first announcement

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Welp, apparently it wasn’t even the main in-house staff who gave this 2uper info. It was the Toei Phils folk. Do with that what ya’ll will.
1. Who said that and when?

2. Why would they trust offshore sources after all that's happened so far?

Edit: I've talked to Ajay in this thread. Many times. I'm not just certain, I completely know I've mentioned Japan in one of our conversations. Why didn't he correct me?

Edit #2 Ajay himself, in this thread, said his messages were translated into Japanese. Does the office in the Philippines just have Japanese workers?
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm
- miscommunication or misinformation (this is even more likely considering Toei Phils probably wouldn’t be as “in the know” as the main in-house Toei staff, but thats just my guess)
Last thing Ajay said about the new series in this thread was that he recently talked to them to make double sure that something was going to happen. He seems to be able to easily talk to them. A miscommunication shouldn't be happening.

And how would Toei Phils. know about the release? Especially if they aren't as "in the know" as the main staff?
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm
- lying (either the sources are lying or Toei gave the sources wrong info on purpose. Its not as unlikely as you’d think)
Again, are you really going to sit here and tell me that three perfectly competent adults couldn't see that this was a lie? I'm not sure how long they've had these sources but it's been 6 months since the start of the year. I find it very hard to believe that none of them caught on after all this time. Even I was able to sniff out the bullshit without knowing any of the details.

And another thing, I pointed this out earlier, the dates get pushed back at the last minute. Why? Even if it was their sources lying to them then shouldn't Ajay, Yonkou, and Geekdom notice this pattern too?
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm
- 2uper has been in pre-production but the Key animation hasn’t started and wont start until some time after Stampede’s key animation is done (this also means 2uper def aint happening in October. 2020 would be a safer bet)
-If they're snatching animators to make Stampede then why is Dragon Ball the only one? And if they aren't then why didn't people from Toei's other shows leak this news?

-Like everyone has been saying, if Stampede has been announced now for a while, then why wasn't worrying about the delay a big deal until Yonkou needed an excuse to cover for July?

-Why didn't their sources or any renegade leaker warn us about this?
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm
- again, they started 2uper, stopped to work on One Piece Stampede, and will continue after they’re done
1. Again, what's with the lack of communication and last minute information? It just makes it look like they're coming up with lies on the spot.

2. Like I said, the Broly movie producer said they've got nothing done yet.

And the producer saying that doesn't line up with what Geekdom told us. I didn't listen to his last video about 2.0, but he did say it was returning in July while Ajay said Super in July would be unfathomable. And a July date doesn't line up with the producer telling us that they don't know when it's going to start.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Wtf ? Toei Phil? Hmm so basically Ajay, Geek only got source from some shitty country that not even a "main" relate to Japan one?

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm

vashter wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:37 pm
Wtf ? Toei Phil? Hmm so basically Ajay, Geek only got source from some shitty country that not even a "main" relate to Japan one?
I'm not sure.
Ajay wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm
I reach out to them on Twitter with the help of friends who translate my messages into Japanese (though some speak English fine enough)

A few conversations I've had with Ajay make it seem like Toei Phil. isn't true.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm
vashter wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:37 pm
Wtf ? Toei Phil? Hmm so basically Ajay, Geek only got source from some shitty country that not even a "main" relate to Japan one?
I'm not sure.
Ajay wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm
I reach out to them on Twitter with the help of friends who translate my messages into Japanese (though some speak English fine enough)

A few conversations I've had with Ajay make it seem like Toei Phil. isn't true.
Well, u made a good point so I talked to Ajay and he said it wasn’t the only source but he doesn’t think any of the sources were lying but instead plans got changed unbeknownst to the sources. Well, that’s a summary of what he said.

Also, i dont get how you cant wrap your head around people lying. I’m not saying its 100% but its easy for sources to lie and get away with it. If people who work at Toei told Ajay that 2uper was happening over text, how would Ajay know they were lying? Of course he’d believe them. Again, not saying its true, but its not as unlikely as you’re thinking.

But back to what Ajay said, i think thats the most plausible thing. Info was correct, things changed, 2uper will come but just later. The most logical answer too if i do say so myself.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Nightbane
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nightbane » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:53 pm
If DBS doesn't come back in October, the next excuse will be Sailor Moon 2020 movie :lol:
Or the Olympics! Since Goku is mascot they don't want a new series starting to take the attention away from that :P

But seriously since all the supposed info came from Toei Phill guess that makes this and open and shut case.

We had a similar fiasco in 2016 when someone pretended to be an animator showed genga etc people believed it and thought Toei were scrapping things and lo it turned out the person was fake. So someone showing Genga is not really proof.

Time to chain this thread and throw away the key I say.
But the Toei Phils. thing isn't true, as Ajay said he had his friends translate what he said into Japanese, and then his friend would translate it back into English (Look at IntangibleFancy's a bit up before this one). If it was Toei Phils, why would Ajay need someone to translate his sentences into Japanese for him?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Lets just assume the Stampede excuse is true, why would that give us confidence that toei in the future could handle OP with weekly anime and movies as they have been doing + weekly dbs and movies runnings concurrently all of high quality?

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Nightbane wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:53 pm
If DBS doesn't come back in October, the next excuse will be Sailor Moon 2020 movie :lol:
Or the Olympics! Since Goku is mascot they don't want a new series starting to take the attention away from that :P

But seriously since all the supposed info came from Toei Phill guess that makes this and open and shut case.

We had a similar fiasco in 2016 when someone pretended to be an animator showed genga etc people believed it and thought Toei were scrapping things and lo it turned out the person was fake. So someone showing Genga is not really proof.

Time to chain this thread and throw away the key I say.
But the Toei Phils. thing isn't true, as Ajay said he had his friends translate what he said into Japanese, and then his friend would translate it back into English (Look at IntangibleFancy's a bit up before this one). If it was Toei Phils, why would Ajay need someone to translate his sentences into Japanese for him?
Did yall not just see what i said? I asked him, he said they weren’t the only source. They were A source but according to him, not THE ONLY source.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm
vashter wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:37 pm
Wtf ? Toei Phil? Hmm so basically Ajay, Geek only got source from some shitty country that not even a "main" relate to Japan one?
I'm not sure.
Ajay wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm
I reach out to them on Twitter with the help of friends who translate my messages into Japanese (though some speak English fine enough)

A few conversations I've had with Ajay make it seem like Toei Phil. isn't true.
Also, i dont get how you cant wrap your head around people lying. I’m not saying its 100% but its easy for sources to lie and get away with it. If people who work at Toei told Ajay that 2uper was happening over text, how would Ajay know they were lying? Of course he’d believe them. Again, not saying its true, but its not as unlikely as you’re thinking.
Why do I have to assume officials are lying anytime something doesn't go with what the youtubers said? Concerning the leaks, they haven't been reliable at all. Meanwhile the producer said they've got nothing done and we haven't had so much as a drop of info beyond a movie announcement.

And again, the announcement keeps getting axed at the last minute. Everytime. A pattern like that should catch on to anyone.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm
But back to what Ajay said, i think thats the most plausible thing. Info was correct, things changed, 2uper will come but just later. The most logical answer too if i do say so myself.
If Ajay and the other two have like 15 sources from the Philippines and Japan then why has everything been going wrong lately? And it still doesn't answer my earlier queries....
-If they're snatching animators to make Stampede then why is Dragon Ball the only one? And if they aren't then why didn't people from Toei's other shows leak this news?

-Like everyone has been saying, if Stampede has been announced now for a while, then why wasn't worrying about the delay a big deal until Yonkou needed an excuse to cover for July?

-Why didn't Ajay's Japense sources not know about Stampede? Did they not know they were working on an entirely different anime this whole time?

-It'd make sense if it was just the Filipino house that didn't know what was going on, but many leakers from the Japanese side don't either?
And this still doesn't answer why Ajay couldn't foresee a July date while Geekdom and Yonkou were sure it's still coming.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:38 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm
I'm not sure.



A few conversations I've had with Ajay make it seem like Toei Phil. isn't true.
Also, i dont get how you cant wrap your head around people lying. I’m not saying its 100% but its easy for sources to lie and get away with it. If people who work at Toei told Ajay that 2uper was happening over text, how would Ajay know they were lying? Of course he’d believe them. Again, not saying its true, but its not as unlikely as you’re thinking.
Why do I have to assume officials are lying anytime something doesn't go with what the youtubers said? Concerning the leaks, they haven't been reliable at all. Meanwhile the producer said they've got nothing done and we haven't had so much as a drop of info beyond a movie announcement.

And again, the announcement keeps getting axed at the last minute. Everytime. A pattern like that should catch on to anyone.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm
But back to what Ajay said, i think thats the most plausible thing. Info was correct, things changed, 2uper will come but just later. The most logical answer too if i do say so myself.
If Ajay and the other two have like 15 sources from the Philippines and Japan then why has everything been going wrong lately? And it still doesn't answer my earlier queries....
-If they're snatching animators to make Stampede then why is Dragon Ball the only one? And if they aren't then why didn't people from Toei's other shows leak this news?

-Like everyone has been saying, if Stampede has been announced now for a while, then why wasn't worrying about the delay a big deal until Yonkou needed an excuse to cover for July?

-Why didn't Ajay's Japense sources not know about Stampede? Did they not know they were working on an entirely different anime this whole time?

-It'd make sense if it was just the Filipino house that didn't know what was going on, but many leakers from the Japanese side don't either?
And this still doesn't answer why Ajay couldn't foresee a July date while Geekdom and Yonkou were sure it's still coming.
First off, no one ever claimed that the sources gave a date for the announcement of 2uper. They have all been guesses. So i dont know why you keep bringing that up as evidence of some sort.

Second off, as Ajay said, the answer to all these questions of yours can be as simple as plans changing. The sources told Ajay and co. what they knew but Toei ended up changing plans for some reason whether it be for Stampede, One piece’s upcoming Wano arc, Sailor Moon’s upcoming movie, or something else.

Also, asking why DB is the only one getting animators snatched from it is a rather stupid question. For one, who’s to say staff from other shows aren’t also working on Stampede for the time being? And for another, isn’t it common sense that they would take people working on a show that has yet to be announced to help on Stampede before taking from any other series that is already airing?

And that’s all assuming DBS even HAD animators working on it. It could easily have not even reached the key animation phase of development yet. And Toei animators could have just heard that they would be doing 2uper before actually starting.


As for your last question, I'm pretty sure this has been repeated to you multiple times in this thread. Ajay, Geek, and assumably Yonkou shared sources. Ajay DID think 2uper was coming in July just like Geekdom and Yonkou.

They ALL stopped believing that was the case the sooner is got to July with a lack of an announcement. Ajay just voiced his thoughts about it not being July anymore much earlier. You need to stop trying to seperate the 3. They shared sources. They all talked with each other. The sources’ info was wrong. They were all in the same boat and all thought the same things.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:42 am

Won't matter anymore , we gotta wait 2020 or SDCC (i doubt that will happened there.) Egodom101 is too much of a pussy to come in here to make a scene I'm sure he reading it, I'm not worry about his e-fame bullshit he got on youtube but if he only one failing for the July part with another shit country so call "Filp", instead of "main" Toei Entertainment I don't know what to tell you lol no point to follow him. Yonk doesn't know shit, Egodom101 doesn't know shit that like saying one of media in ESPN said Kevin Durant going Knicks but never happened... they just assuming shit even just one word "July" did they even ask for THIS year July? Yea danny got youtube video with text message with a crop out picture how the fuck they understand his text when he giving them a big ol paragraph typing like essay to them and return is one word "yea".

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16370
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 am

vashter wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:42 am
Won't matter anymore , we gotta wait 2020 or SDCC (i doubt that will happened there.) Egodom101 is too much of a pussy to come in here to make a scene I'm sure he reading it, I'm not worry about his e-fame bullshit he got on youtube but if he only one failing for the July part with another shit country so call "Filp", instead of "main" Toei Entertainment I don't know what to tell you lol no point to follow him. Yonk doesn't know shit, Egodom101 doesn't know shit that like saying one of media in ESPN said Kevin Durant going Knicks but never happened... they just assuming shit even just one word "July" did they even ask for THIS year July? Yea danny got youtube video with text message with a crop out picture how the fuck they understand his text when he giving them a big ol paragraph typing like essay to them and return is one word "yea".
This post is incomprehensible.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 3198696448

Just a normal Anniversary tweet.. but why do I have a feeling that something is hiding behind it.. :shh:

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:43 am

Xeogran wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am
https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 3198696448

Just a normal Anniversary tweet.. but why do I have a feeling that something is hiding behind it.. :shh:
If there's nothing at comic con then we can forget about it returning this year.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Koitsukai
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm

Even though the Moro arc is lackluster to many, I think I prefer the anime coming back way after the manga took off with it's own story. I enjoyed having two different versions of DBS but I'm ready now to follow the manga like with the original run.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm
Even though the Moro arc is lackluster to many, I think I prefer the anime coming back way after the manga took off with it's own story. I enjoyed having two different versions of DBS but I'm ready now to follow the manga like with the original run.
Even if the manga took off with it's own story, it's pretty possible the anime doesn't follow o adapt the manga.

Super 2 can just use the guidelines of Toriyama. So, it would still pretty different from the manga.

After all, Super anime has never been an adaptation from the manga.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Who all is coming to SDCC from Japan?

Locked