PlayStation 5 and the future of DBZ games..

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Re: PlayStation 5 and the future of DBZ games..

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:42 am

My hopes aren't particularly high considering that three of the four PS4 Dragon Ball games don't even look of PS4 quality.

Both Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 look like PS3 games and Kakarot only a little better.

FighterZ is the only PS4 looking game because it has less to work with.

My realistic hope if anything is that the games on PS5 at least look PS4 level.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:42 am Both Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 look like PS3 games
That's because they are. Xenoverse was developed for the 7th gen consoles and ported to the 8th gen without much in the way of a graphical update besides slightly better shading. Xenoverse 2 was built off of the same engine and assets and released about a year later, so it has marginal graphical improvements at best.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am

Bandai is holding a live gaming event on July 22nd, which is 2 days after V jump is out, so maybe they'll announce something in either the magazine or the event. I just can't imagine them waiting much longer to release XV3, as it'll have been 4 years this October since 2 was released.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:12 am

Dragon Ball games are likely to just keep spinning their wheels for the Play Station 5. That's been the story up until this point, I really do not see that changing. At best I think we'll just see a better version of FighterZ for the PS5 and that's it, everything else will just feel like the crap we've been getting since.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:09 pm

It would be nice if ps5 fot a tenkaichi 3, infinte world and super dbz remaster or just backwards compatible.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Would love a Sparking!/BudokaiTenkaichi. There are RPG-like and 2D Fighting games, and original stories, it would complement them perfectly.
They cold make a definitive BT; they have the tech to make an ageless graphic style, and with the DLC system they can just keep adding content from new arcs.
Imagine this: An actual good Dragon Ball 3d combat, Kakarot manga-style graphics, complete adaptation/revisiting of the story, and every single DB character playable

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:11 am

I loved Sparking and Raging Blast series right up to 2... RB2 was like the culimation of the series, as it had almost all of the characters from Z and movies + Hatchihyaku. Only things I have missed in this game was some story mode at least and EoZ costume for Goku, but it had a ton of things better than Xenoverse:
- transformations for all characters with animations from the series.
- gameplay with awesome moments like the hero landing stop, dodging Ki attacks like Gogeta in Super movie. The supersonic clashes so changing characters had some risk and cost.
- also, input for signature move. When near a rocky wall, you could slam the opponen into it, like Goku in Broly movie or on fight against Majin Vegeta.
- if you had Goku and Piccolo in the team, you could perform the signature team attack they killed Raditz with (and other attacks from the show).
- SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly were fun bonuses, I would love more what-if forms in future games, not just old character models with purple aura.

Raging Blast 2 was actually pretty good, despite people being in fatique from it being a fifth game in the series and feeling like stripped down version of previous game.

But seriously, outside of CaC, story with cosmetic changes and big roster, that is basically more of a collection of sprites used trough story mode and not fully developed characters, Xenoverse is bad. It plays bad, multiplayer is no fun and outside of story mode, it is pretty hollow.

I want them to stop at XV2, make it alive till the end of the year, but they shall come with something completely different. Dimps made a really fun Budokai games. Make a Budokai 2.5 D fighter for casuals that don’t like FighterZ. Put a crapton characters in, classic story ala Budokai 3/Infinite World + Super, GT, OGDB.
I think fans will like it, and older fans like me will cash in on nostalgia.

PS: I lost interest snd didn’t buy Ultimate Tenkaichi... that was when the real dark era with Battle of Z came.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:05 pm

Who would of thought Dragoball: The Breakers would be the first PS5 title :problem:
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:07 pm

Does it really matter?

How video games work: A particularly popular franchise generally gets several titles in various stages of production. Considering how mega popular Fighterz is, there's no doubt that a Fighterz2 is currently in production. Most likely they'll reveal it at a specific time (like Evo or some other huge tournament event) for maximum hype. IN the meanwhile, Breakers is a cheap product that Bandai can make a couple of bucks off and most likely did not take a large team to make, so it probably won't take away from the people who are working on Fighterz 2.

So be patient.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:47 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:07 pm Does it really matter?

How video games work: A particularly popular franchise generally gets several titles in various stages of production. Considering how mega popular Fighterz is, there's no doubt that a Fighterz2 is currently in production. Most likely they'll reveal it at a specific time (like Evo or some other huge tournament event) for maximum hype. IN the meanwhile, Breakers is a cheap product that Bandai can make a couple of bucks off and most likely did not take a large team to make, so it probably won't take away from the people who are working on Fighterz 2.

So be patient.
Does it matter? In my opinion Yes it does. While Breakers is fresh take on a Dragonball game, it is quite lazy to be honest. It seems all they did was reuse assets from XV2 and copy DBD.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:00 pm

Gotta say I have absolutely zero interest in Breakers. Give me Fighterz 2, a new Budokai game, or even Xenoverse 3 over that any day.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:21 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:00 pm Gotta say I have absolutely zero interest in Breakers. Give me Fighterz 2, a new Budokai game, or even Xenoverse 3 over that any day.
Its not just you, a lot of the comments on YT and Twitter aren't positive towards this game so far. Different doesn't always mean good and its seeming like this is the case.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:21 pm
90sDBZ wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:00 pm Gotta say I have absolutely zero interest in Breakers. Give me Fighterz 2, a new Budokai game, or even Xenoverse 3 over that any day.
Its not just you, a lot of the comments on YT and Twitter aren't positive towards this game so far. Different doesn't always mean good and its seeming like this is the case.
Bandai is beginning to slide back into the PS3 Dark Era of DB games. I fear they are gonna put this trash game on Stadia in 2023 to satisfy the one game per fiscal year bullshit.

I’m calling now if any other Big name anime gets an Arcsys game with rollback FighterZ is done for which is sad cause you could turn this into a game franchise ala Street Fighter/ MK.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:45 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am
Bandai is beginning to slide back into the PS3 Dark Era of DB games. I fear they are gonna put this trash game on Stadia in 2023 to satisfy the one game per fiscal year bullshit.

I’m calling now if any other Big name anime gets an Arcsys game with rollback FighterZ is done for which is sad cause you could turn this into a game franchise ala Street Fighter/ MK.
Lets hope they aren't that foolish. With this new movie coming out I could see them putting out a game with the new content OR they could just as easily put the movie characters in XV2 :roll:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:46 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:45 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am

Lets hope they aren't that foolish. With this new movie coming out I could see them putting out a game with the new content OR they could just as easily put the movie characters in XV2 :roll:

I hope another game comes soon but man is it worrying the way these companies handle Dragonball these days. I mean you got a goose that lays golden eggs at the drop of a hat ….C’mon Bandai give us something good!

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:23 pm

Everyone keeps pining for another Budokai or Xenoverse. What are you expecting these new entries to add? Are you really foaming at the mouth for that Xeno grind? And how many more characters are you expecting Arc Sys to create? There's not many options left and that is not a Sparking title that will just add dozens of clones easily.

Sounds like a bunch of people want a new entry for the sake of a new entry that does the same exact thing the current entry would just realistically do as DLC.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:57 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:23 pm Everyone keeps pining for another Budokai or Xenoverse. What are you expecting these new entries to add? Are you really foaming at the mouth for that Xeno grind? And how many more characters are you expecting Arc Sys to create? There's not many options left and that is not a Sparking title that will just add dozens of clones easily.

Sounds like a bunch of people want a new entry for the sake of a new entry that does the same exact thing the current entry would just realistically do as DLC.
Rollback netcode, better single-player content, new mechanics, and more fleshed-out movesets.

Raditz, Dabura, Pikkon, Omega Shenron, and Toppo are highly requested and have plenty of moveset potential.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:19 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:57 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:23 pm Everyone keeps pining for another Budokai or Xenoverse. What are you expecting these new entries to add? Are you really foaming at the mouth for that Xeno grind? And how many more characters are you expecting Arc Sys to create? There's not many options left and that is not a Sparking title that will just add dozens of clones easily.

Rollback netcode, better single-player content, new mechanics, and more fleshed-out movesets.

Raditz, Dabura, Pikkon, Omega Shenron, and Toppo are highly requested and have plenty of moveset potential.
Rollback can be added by patch to the current game.

Better single player comment ... lol. Sure they could make another storymode. But, honestly, FighterZ should focus on the gameplay, and everything can get DLC stuff. I do get that there are people who love that stuff, but these are multiplayer games.

New mechanics is definitely something a sequel would get. But is that something you'd want to start all over again for? You know the starting roster would be similar.

If Arc Sys would be the one to do a FighterZ sequel, you'd have to look to see what they do with their own series from installment to installment to see how much they mix up moveslists. Not too many fighters change much.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:35 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:19 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:57 pm

Rollback can be added by patch to the current game.

Better single player comment ... lol. Sure they could make another storymode. But, honestly, FighterZ should focus on the gameplay, and everything can get DLC stuff. I do get that there are people who love that stuff, but these are multiplayer games.

New mechanics is definitely something a sequel would get. But is that something you'd want to start all over again for? You know the starting roster would be similar.

If Arc Sys would be the one to do a FighterZ sequel, you'd have to look to see what they do with their own series from installment to installment to see how much they mix up moveslists. Not too many fighters change much.
The producer has made it known they're not adding rollback netcode to the current game. Besides, adding it to the sequel is a simpler solution than rebuilding the game with it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:53 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:19 pm Rollback can be added by patch to the current game.

Honestly, if another company were to make a team style DBFZ, Capcom might be a better choice, they have far more experience with these kinds of games, though if they do it like MvC, it'd be a broken mess, but it could be a fun broken mess.

Taking it off Arcsys' hands would be a questionable decision though, considering Arcsys is the reason DBFZ became so big, at best, they could outsource someone else to make cutscenes, because the animation arcsys comes up has a budget of 2 dollars and a team effort of people being paid even less, it's inexcusably terrible.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:35 pm The producer has made it known they're not adding rollback netcode to the current game. Besides, adding it to the sequel is a simpler solution than rebuilding the game with it.
Should've just have added rollback to begin with, 'cause really, it's just stupid so many fighters didn't have it for so long considering the technology is over 15 years old...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.