Where were Abo and Kado during Resurrection F?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Where were Abo and Kado during Resurrection F?

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 pm

They were ruling the Frieza Force prior to Battle of Gods. However, by the time Resurrection F happens, Sorbet has taken over and these two are nowhere to be found. They don't even have a cameo appearance during the invasion.

The "Yo Son Goku and His Friends" special was an original concept created by Toriyama. Tarble is referenced in Battle of Gods, in reference to the special. He's mentioned again in the Broly movie.

What happened to them? Did they desert the Frieza Force for Earth's food? Were they in the Frieza Force during Resurrection F, but on a different assignment?

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Where were Abo and Kado during Resurrection F?

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:09 pm

The only thing that makes sense is that they left with Tarble and went to live on his planet.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Didn't they basically surrender and make friends with the earthlings at the end of the special?

I wouldn't assume Freeza would take kindly to that, so they were probably wise not to show their faces.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 am

Actually as of now, we don't really know whether the events of the 2008 special are still part of the current DBS continuity.
The BoG refers to Vegeta's brother Tarble, but the DBS anime/manga doesn't.
However, interestingly, Tarble is mentioned in the DBS Broly movie.

But whether the events from the JUMP Special are really connected to the Resurrection F events is something I would like to be addressed at some point. A future guide book or so.
Or I can see Toyotaro reusing them, maybe even in the current arc.
Maybe they were hiding on some planet until Moro's gang came along...

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:03 pm

either killed, possibly as part of Freeza's training; retired; not reached by Freeza's reborn forces because in the 4 months he came back to life he was busy training instead of reconquering everything

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Omori wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 am Actually as of now, we don't really know whether the events of the 2008 special are still part of the current DBS continuity.

But whether the events from the JUMP Special are really connected to the Resurrection F events is something I would like to be addressed at some point. A future guide book or so.
The fact that Tarble is mentioned in the movie, which is made by Toriyama exclusively, gives all canonicity to Tarble.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 pm

More or less. Tarble is there, but we don't know for sure if the events of Jump Special are canon (canonical, whatever).

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm Didn't they basically surrender and make friends with the earthlings at the end of the special?

I wouldn't assume Freeza would take kindly to that, so they were probably wise not to show their faces.
I guess "Freeza killed them" is a possibility but I much prefer your take that they went into hiding.

I'd love for them to come back in Super for some comic relief purpose or maybe to even fight on the side of the Z-Warriors

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm

I don't know if the JSAT special's events and new characters even really align with what's happened with Super and the new movies.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm I don't know if the JSAT special's events and new characters even really align with what's happened with Super and the new movies.
Why even bring him up in Battle of Gods then? It was definitely a nod, or a 'hey remember that last special i worked on? wink wink."

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm I don't know if the JSAT special's events and new characters even really align with what's happened with Super and the new movies.
Why even bring him up in Battle of Gods then? It was definitely a nod, or a 'hey remember that last special i worked on? wink wink."
Well yeah there was that bit, i guess it was just a quick little reference they threw in seeing as not much else has been mentioned from the special since then.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:11 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm
Well yeah there was that bit, i guess it was just a quick little reference they threw in seeing as not much else has been mentioned from the special since then.
Well, Toriyama wrote the scripts himself for Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and Broly. It wasn't just a throwaway line by Toei. Seems like he remembered the last special he worked on if he's referencing it.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:11 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm
Well, Toriyama wrote the scripts himself for Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and Broly. It wasn't just a throwaway line by Toei. Seems like he remembered the last special he worked on if he's referencing it.
Yeah i see, at least they referenced/acknowledged Tarble even if not by name and thus the Yo! special.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:53 pm

His name appears in a "family tree" in a page from... well, I don't remember what it is, related to Dragon Ball Super: Broly, though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am

Yasai9001 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm
Omori wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 am Actually as of now, we don't really know whether the events of the 2008 special are still part of the current DBS continuity.

The fact that Tarble is mentioned in the movie, which is made by Toriyama exclusively, gives all canonicity to Tarble.
the character may exist but not necessarily in the same way .. there may be a retcon

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am
Yasai9001 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

the character may exist but not necessarily in the same way .. there may be a retcon
In DBS Broly, Vegeta was still not keen on thinking about his brother, so it suggests that Tarble is still a wimp. The special was so fitting with Toriyama's gag style, I don't think he would bother to retcon it.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm Didn't they basically surrender and make friends with the earthlings at the end of the special?

During the events of Son Goku and his friends return, Freeza was dead. By the time he came back, About and Cado had probably already made a life of their own far away from the Freeza Force.