Buu Kai 99 in 4:3

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Castleking001

Buu Kai 99 in 4:3

Post by Castleking001 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:32 am

I wanted to have some feedback/input to see if this project would be worth following for 70 episodes. Basically the goal is to create a near frame identical (while preserving some removed impact shots) 4:3 Dragon Box sourced Buu Kai. No extra filler cut because I wanted to allow all languages the option of just subbing in their respective audio file as everyone outside of Japan received the Final Chapters cut of Kai. This way it would be a universal adapter for any languages of Buu Kai to watch a non green, cropped, chopped up mess. Sadly, can't do much for the soundtrack or filler for non English, however, I have added a bonus Yamamoto English track to continue the adaptation of the great SuperSaiyanHedgehog and his Yamamoto Revival. The link for a demo of 99 is below, all thoughts are welcome, thanks for loving Dragon Ball too, friends!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8cNz8 ... sp=sharing

Ghosty64

Re: Buu Kai 99 in 4:3

Post by Ghosty64 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:29 am

Hi,

This is actually duplicating work. I synced the entirety of episode 1 of TFC and uploaded it. I can't link it to you, but it's on that one website where people get anime.

I used the Dragon Box Merge for it, as well. It's 4:3 for the episode and then 16:9 for the OP/ED and a 4:3 recap. All uncropped.

I just don't want you to duplicate work that has been done, because syncing video is a lot of work. but I understand if you want to continue your personal project. Everyone has their own preferences for certain releases.

Nice sync, though, I also enjoy your Yamamoto addition.
Fan of Dragon Ball Z Kai | Mega-casual | Addicted to having several different soundtracks of the same show.

Castleking001

Post by Castleking001 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:08 am

Ghosty64 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:29 am Hi,

This is actually duplicating work. I synced the entirety of episode 1 of TFC and uploaded it. I can't link it to you, but it's on that one website where people get anime.

I used the Dragon Box Merge for it, as well. It's 4:3 for the episode and then 16:9 for the OP/ED and a 4:3 recap. All uncropped.

I just don't want you to duplicate work that has been done, because syncing video is a lot of work. but I understand if you want to continue your personal project. Everyone has their own preferences for certain releases.

Guy, what are the odds two people started the exact same project and uploaded them at the same time :D
Glad to see I'm not the only one wanting to give the Buu arc a better treatment than it got!
I'll probably let you do your thing for the people and I'll just work on mine for fun and personal purposes, you seem to have a better handle on this than I do 8) ) The syncing is actually not bad for most scenes, but for scenes like the robber talking before Gohan takes him out has frame replacements for extra flaps, working out the replaced frames was bananas for that :shock:
You kept Kuu Zen and Dear Zara for yours, excellent (and honestly better) choices 8) I thought about that, but wanted to use the video that most peoples audio would sync with. I also used the R1 + R2 Merge (truly this community will go to greater lengths for a better product for no profit than Toei does for profit).

Thanks for loving Dragon Ball, specifically Kai, and giving it the love it deserves! I'll be following your progress, give me a shout if I can help out in any way! (what program have you been using btw?)

DonCanjas

Post by DonCanjas » Sun May 30, 2021 12:57 pm

I've seen your work and I appreciate it. I wish you luck finishing the project, I'll be looking foward to watch it

BubbyBoi

Post by BubbyBoi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 am

Hey, I've always been more of a lurker but I see that your post hasn't garnered much of a response so I wanted to let you know that I think what you're doing is awesome. It always stood out to me going to TFC after finishing up that last episode for Kai and was hoping that there would be a fan edit that would solve this problem one day and this is like divine intervention so thanks. I haven't gotten the chance to sit down and watch the whole edit you posted but from the chunks I've seen, I am thoroughly impressed, so if you do decide to go through with this, you got me as a supporter!

BubbyBoi

Post by BubbyBoi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:27 am

Also wanted to say that I just found your version of the episode as well and am looking forward to watching it after it's done downloading!

DriftK1ng

Post by DriftK1ng » Mon May 22, 2023 6:20 am

How far did you manage to get with this project? I know I'm very late but this project sounds amazing!