Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tiedyegypsy

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by tiedyegypsy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Whatever they do with this game, I would really love to see Dabura, Piccolo Daimao, Taopaipai, General Blue, Chi Chi, Omega Shenron, and/or Pan. At least 2 of these. I think Dabura/Piccolo/Tao/Omega Shenron surely have enough material to make a moveset out of, and they all had enough screentime to warrant an inclusion. I wish there was more love for the early DB characters in general in these games.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:00 am I want them to do a story similar to the story in MK11 with the past versions of the characters meeting the present day versions of the characters. Imagine Saiyan Saga Vegeta meeting current day Vegeta.
If they do that they should add some Xenoverse characters in it.

Xenoverse Characters:
Chronoa
Fu
Xeno Trunks (Replaces Future Trunks)

They could also add Heroes characters I suppose but I'd rather there be a new character like Android 21 made for FighterZ-2. Maybe Fu is working with someone we haven't seen before in any dragonball media.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:11 am

Probably very low chances for that, but I wish they gave us different forms for Freeza and Cell. Both first and third Freeza form would demand a different fighting style do to their small size/bulk. Same goes for imperfect Cell, who could behave very differently from his perfect form.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:01 pm

Here's my current prediction for the base FighterZ 2 roster...

Returning characters
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan (Adult)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (SSGSS, he has SSGSSE as an install)
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Master Roshi
Trunks
18 (her moveset is overhauled)
Majin Buu (his moveset is overhauled)
Gotenks
Vegito (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SSGSS)
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
Zamasu (Fused)
Jiren
Broly (DBS)
Kefla
21 (Lab Coat)

New Characters
Pan (assuming she isn't in season 4)
Raditz
Dabura
Toppo
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Gamma 1 & 2 (assuming they're not in season 4)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:58 am

I think the roster and by extension a DBFZ2 depends on what Bandai wants to do. Will they go with two games that’s it or should they turn this game into a series ala Street Fighter and release a new one once every console generation? (I say YES! To the latter). Let Arcsys handle the story & dialogue have Toriyama design 5 brand new fighters in the vein of how he did with 21. Also let Arcsys add original super moves in addition to the referenced ones. it’s already proven it can sell well I think you can take that risk For example Gotenks Vollyball combo can do different things:

Gotenks spits out a kamakazi ghost and it transforms into a basketball goal and instead of doing the ball serves he dribbles the trapped enemy on the ground & finishes with a dunk it into the ghost basketball goal where it explodes.

Or depending if you have Yamcha on your team he throws the ball as a pitch and Yamcha has Puar as an assist to turn into a Louisville slugger and knock the enemy away into a stage transition where they explode when they hit the ground on the next stage.
I think FighterZ 2 should take a note out of MK11 book and go with variations since we have so many “clone” characters in the game consolidating them would be ideal Iike if you select Goku you can choose do you want the SSG Blue variation or the saiyan saga variation etc. Anyways onto the Roster

Season 1
Launch 
w Oolong and Puar as transformation assists
Taopaipai

Chichi w Bansho fan & power pole
Bulma Mech Suit
Pilaf gang mech suit
Arale

Season 1.5
Costume pack-
Jackie Chun,
Tien classic skin,
King piccolo skin,
OG kid Goku skin (for GT Goku),
Yamcha classic outfit skin

Season 2

Dabura (Demon spit can turn enemies into stone for a freezing effect similar to sub zero from MK)
Hercule(Joke character)
Dr Wheelo (Plays like Sentinel from MVC summons Bio warriors as assists )

Super Buu
 (Kid buu variation new hyper combo can be that one attack where he jumps in opponents mouth & explodes them from the inside out)

Season 2.5

videl saiyaman costume
Tien Z & Buu saga Costume
Bardock Turles costume

Season 3

Omega shenron

nuova shenron

eis shenron
Uub?
Chronoa
Towa
Lagss ( I know wtf right but hear me out her crystal glass powers can be used to make reflective glass shields that can reflect beam attacks or work like the ageis reflector Urien from SF3 uses. Hell, as an Easter egg since it’s Bandai give her a lvl 7 move where she summons Seath the Scaless from DS1 :D )

Season 4

Moro
Kale & Caulifa
 Duo
Trio de dangers
 Or Kamikaze Fireballs

Toppo
Dyspo
Jaco
Granola 

Season 5- Last/Special Guest Season

Chrono
Slime
( plays similar to servbot from mvc2)
DQ8 Hero
Psaro (DQV)
Dhoulmagus (DQ8)
DQ Builders( DBFZ version of ice climbers lol)
Dr. Mashirito

With the Dragon Quest characters you can get around the flying mechanic by using the Chimera Wing( which is in every game) as flight.

And the Finals DLC Character: Toribot and throw in -a sort of Shin Toribot for non tournament / ranked play to have a character that can one shot anyone in the game lol.

Hidden unlockable Characters in game :
Majin Ozotto

Babidi
Hatchiyak

Hirudegarn( takes up all 3 character slots giant character)

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:56 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:04 pm -When Cell is killed, he can teleport back as Super Perfect Cell
What, like Dark Phoenix? That'd have to at least cost meter.
-Gogeta, Vegito and Gotenks are all temporary fusions that last for five minutes
Matches in DBFZ are hardly that long, so I guess that could work, but what happens if the fusion does end? Does the team get two more characters? Lol.
-As a reference to Dragon Ball Devolution, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Ultra Instinct Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku only last for 30 seconds before returning to base
SSG in particular stopped being temporary many years ago (By RoF it stopped being the case, since Blue is SS transformation stacked with SSG, so SSG can be used normally, and the movie kinda implies that the base form Goku and Vegeta used has SSG's power, though after it, that stopped being the case).
And maybe they should add different outfits for characters. For example, Goku can have his Saiyan, Freeza, Cell/Boo, Battle of Gods, Ressurection F, DBS Broly and End of Z outfits, plus all the varations, with different movesets. Oh! And transformations! Ohhhhh, the transformations.
The lack of different costumes in DBFZ is lame and it always baffled me Arcsys never bothered lol.

Though thinking of it, maybe they didn't make alternate costumes to make sure they could always have a different look for a new version of a character, and that's definitely something they'd want to do with the overly milked characters like Goku and Vegeta.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:31 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:56 am
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:04 pm -When Cell is killed, he can teleport back as Super Perfect Cell
What, like Dark Phoenix? That'd have to at least cost meter.

[It'll cost you all of your ki, and you have to be at level 7 to do so.]
-Gogeta, Vegetto and Gotenks are all temporary fusions that last for five minutes
Matches in DBFZ are hardly that long, so I guess that could work, but what happens if the fusion does end? Does the team get two more characters? Lol.

[I don't think you'd gain two new characters, but if it's Gogeta, Vegetto and Gotenks specifically, then Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta and Future Trunks replace them. For SSJ4 Gogeta however, he's replaced by GT Goku and Baby Vegeta (closest thing to SSJ4 Vegeta, I guess).]
-As a reference to Dragon Ball Devolution, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Ultra Instinct Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku only last for 30 seconds before returning to base
SSG in particular stopped being temporary many years ago (By RoF it stopped being the case, since Blue is SS transformation stacked with SSG, so SSG can be used normally, and the movie kinda implies that the base form Goku and Vegeta used has SSG's power, though after it, that stopped being the case).
And maybe they should add different outfits for characters. For example, Goku can have his Saiyan, Freeza, Cell/Boo, Battle of Gods, Ressurection F, DBS Broly and End of Z outfits, plus all the varations, with different movesets. Oh! And transformations! Ohhhhh, the transformations.
The lack of different costumes in DBFZ is lame and it always baffled me Arcsys never bothered lol.

Though thinking of it, maybe they didn't make alternate costumes to make sure they could always have a different look for a new version of a character, and that's definitely something they'd want to do with the overly milked characters like Goku and Vegeta.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:19 pm

Goku - A fusion of Base, SSJ and SSB we have in the current game. The tint of color is up in the (h)air.
UI Goku - Pretty obvious.

One of the above would be beginner friendly while the other more advanced.

Vegeta
UE Vegeta

Same as Goku.

Freeza
Cell
Mr.Boo

These three are the classic villains. Don't see how much reword they'll get.

Kuririn - I expect him to be similar to the current version.
Videl - I expect her to be here for the sake of diversity which is a good thing. They could touched her up, if they decide to reduce the Great Saiyaman role.
Muten Roshi - Rather unique character who's relevant due to Super. Should be similar to his current iteration.

Piccolo - He could change based on the latest movie.
Gohan - Same as Piccolo.

Broly - His Super version. Shouldn't change much.
Blue Gogeta - Again don't expect him to be touched much.

#18 - Full rework, removing #17 from her moveset. They have new material from Super and the manga to work with.
#17 - Might get changed quite a bit.

Beerus - No idea what they'll do with him.
Jiren - Might get a rework, character feels undercooked.

Newcomers
Brand new character - I expect the trend to continue. Don't mind it if the design is good.
Gamma 1 and 2 - New movie characters, between the two they could come up with a moveset.
Moro - Although the manga is touched very little in FighterZ, we need brand new characters. Who knows if by the time of release there's an anime airing.

That's 21 characters. I don't expect them to diverge much from this numbers. Since they likely will reuse assets from some of these characters, we might squeeze a couple more.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 am

Here's my latest take:

Returning Characters
Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Vegeta
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (SSGSS)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan (Adult)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks
Yamcha
Tien
Master Roshi
Android 17
Android 18 (ToP version)
Gotenks
Vegito (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SSGSS)
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
Zamasu (Fused)
Kefla
Jiren
Broly (DBS)
Android 21
Android 21 (Lab Coat)

New Characters
Gohan (Beast; unlockable; pre-order bonus)
Raditz
Dabura
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Toppo
Ribrianne
Ganma 1 & 2 (unlockable; pre-order bonus)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:30 pm

That would be cool. It would be similar to Gill's ressurection power in SF3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Garo
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Garo » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Omega Shenron
Pan (GT)
Gamma 2
Whis
Toppo

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Due to recent developments with the latest movie, the sequel will surely feature (whether it's additionnally or as a replacement):

- Orange Piccolo
- Gohan Beast
- Gamma 1/2 (probably the duo as a single character slot, similar to C-18/C-17 or Videl/Great Saiyaman).

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Potential FighterZ newcomers that would be pretty cool to see:
Kid Goku
SSJ4 Goku (GT Goku should be split into Kid Goku and SSJ4 Goku tbh)
Majin Vegeta
UE Vegeta
SSJ4 Vegeta
Kid Gohan
Gohan Beast
Orange Piccolo
SSJ Future Gohan
Chi-Chi (Power Pole + Nimbus + Bansho Fan)
Pilaf Gang (All use their mechs)
General Blue (w/ RR Army assist)
Tao Pai Pai (w/ Crane Hermit assist)
King Piccolo (w/ Demon Clan assist)
Raditz
Zarbon (w/ Cui and Dodoria assist)
King Cold (w/ Mecha Freeza assist)
Android 20 (w/ Android 19 assist)
Babidi (w/ Spopovich, Yamu, Pui Pui, and Yakon assist)
Dabura
Super Buu (w/absorption mechanic, he could absorb team members to become much stronger and gain different moves)
Toppo
Dyspo
Trio de Danger
Kamikaze Fireballs
Merus
Seven-Three
Moro
Granolah
Gas
Gamma 1 & Gamma 2
Pan
Uub