Unreleased Movie 4 cue?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BladeXRG

Unreleased Movie 4 cue?

Post by BladeXRG » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:57 am

This is a pretty simple thread. I've seen a lot of people consider "Slug's Plan" as the unreleased M1107, which stranged me at first. However, other people (including myself) consider the opening as M1106, therefore "Slug is Pleased" becomes M1107 and "Slug's Plan" is 1108; this also makes more sense with the order of the tracks, since it allows M1109 to be the next track on the movie. I'd like to hear your opinions regarding this.
Last edited by BladeXRG on Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Slug's Plan - M1107 or M1108?

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:35 am

If you are referring to the song that plays when Slug is looking at a Dragon Ball, then it should be M1108 IMO, because it precedes M1109 (played when Slug makes his wish).
The issue here is that there are only 7 tracks that precede M1109, rather than 8 as there should be (going by the track numbers). That includes that whistling song, "Briefs Discovers the Meteor", "The Meteor Enters", Cha La, the title card, "Slug is Pleased", and FINALLY "Slug's Plan". There must have been some sort of mistake here.
RafaStar tried to solve this problem by designating the full version of Kuchibue no Kimochi as M1102, but I find it erroneous, as the full version was not played in the film.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:27 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:35 am If you are referring to the song that plays when Slug is looking at a Dragon Ball, then it should be M1108 IMO, because it precedes M1109 (played when Slug makes his wish).
The issue here is that there are only 7 tracks that precede M1109, rather than 8 as there should be (going by the track numbers). That includes that whistling song, "Briefs Discovers the Meteor", "The Meteor Enters", Cha La, the title card, "Slug is Pleased", and FINALLY "Slug's Plan". There must have been some sort of mistake here.
RafaStar tried to solve this problem by designating the full version of Kuchibue no Kimochi as M1102, but I find it erroneous, as the full version was not played in the film.
Then there must be an unused track I guess, but the question is: where would it have played? Obviously before M1109, but where exactly? When I get home I'm going to rewatch the movie so I can figure out where could it have played; it's going to be hard, specially since a lot of movie 4 tracks weren't used in the anime and I don't think looking for a mysterious track is going to be reliable, but I'll share my thoughts later.

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm

After rewatching the movie, I think that there is a pretty weird silence between the opening and "Slug Is Pleased"; it's just my personal opinion but I think that a track should have played during the "meteor shower" to give the scene a better ambientation, since in the movie it feels pretty empty considering how few things happen and there isn't anything playing in the background to make it better. I couldn't find any mysterious song that could fit the moment, but considering how many tracks from movie 4 weren't used in the anime it doesn't strange me. In my opinion, the movie soundtrack should have been like this.
  • 1st - Kuchibue no Kimochi
  • 2nd - Brief Discovers The Meteor
  • 3rd - The Meteor Enters Earth's Atmosphere
  • 4th - Title Card
  • 5th - Cha-La Head-Cha-La
  • 6th - (Unused track)
  • 7th - Slug Is Pleased
  • 8th - Slug's Plan

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Unreleased Movie 4 cue?

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:01 am

Sorry for answering another dead thread (I swear this will be the last one), well, as PurestEvil said, this is how i've made up the listing
M1101 - Kuchibue no Kimochi Instrumental
M1102 - Kuchibue no Kimochi Vocal
M1103 - The Meteor
M1104 - The Meteor Enters Earth's Atmosphere
M1105 - Title
M1106 - Opening Theme
M1107 - Slug's Pleased
M1108 - Slug's Plan
This is a listing you'll find nowhere, just in my uploads, I consider M1102 as the Vocal version of KNK, because I see no reason in considering the instrumental as a track, but not the original, even though it's not in the movie, the instrumental is still completely shrunken from it, I would avoid consider it if the vocal ver was a external recording made after, but it was made for the movie, what you see in M1101 is the edit of it, we can pretty much count the vocal ver as a unused cue, but that's just my opinion.
I also think this way because CHA La Head Cha La, the ending themes, Tenkaichi Gohan in Movie 1 and Piccolo-San daisuki in Movie 2, aren't music released in the albuns correspoding to their scores, they were release in a completelly different album, so why do make them part of the listing? Because they play in the movies? If that's it, then why M801 from Movie 1 isn't M802 actually? Cha La Head Cha La plays before M801 in the movie, why it's not M801?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.