Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:25 am

Modern_Dingus wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:53 pm
Did the two oolong missions. Got given an item that will be more useful when breakers launches, kinda vague.
[/quote]

Just kinda waiting to see what the little bonus is? Hoping it's actually good and not just an item. The Beta for Breakers doesn't trigger whatever the bonus is.
[/quote]

I think its like the old days breakers will read your memory card see you have that item in xv2 and then I assume itll give you a costume for breakers or something, I dont think it does anything on the xv2 side
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:11 am

Modern_Dingus wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:53 pm
Did the two oolong missions. Got given an item that will be more useful when breakers launches, kinda vague.
[/quote]

Just kinda waiting to see what the little bonus is? Hoping it's actually good and not just an item. The Beta for Breakers doesn't trigger whatever the bonus is.
[/quote]

Is it the oolong keychain item it says here

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... Cfp-Q&s=19

Or is that something else?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:58 am

SSJmole wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:11 am Is it the oolong keychain item it says here

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... Cfp-Q&s=19

Or is that something else?
Nah, that should just be a gift you get when the actual Breakers game senses data from the Open Beta on your system. Basically, play the beta on whatever system you'll be getting the full game one, keep the beta on there until you have the full game and redeem said data, and then you'll have the Oolong keychain.

Based on what TobyS says, Xenoverse 2 seems to imply that whatever the item is will be 'more useful' once Breakers launches. I don't really have any guesses as to what that would be, but I'd imagine it's something more actively useful than a cosmetic item like a keychain.

What I'm also curious about is what may or may not carry over from the beta to the main game. I already played in the Closed Beta from a while back, and still had that application on my Switch; an update apparently changed that to the Open Beta, and carried over everything from that, including my avatar design, level, set skills, their levels, everything I'd unlocked, etc. I don't know that we'd be lucky enough that our levels and upgraded skills can be transferred into the real game, but maybe the stuff we've unlocked can?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:58 am but I'd imagine it's something more actively useful than a cosmetic item like a keychain.
What if it is attached to a keyblade!

:lol: no that's a fair point. My bad. I have no idea then. If xenoverse could be anything.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:03 pm

Does anyone know how to actually change the lines available to you to taunt survivors with when playing as a Raider? I have multiple different options for Freeza, and I've equipped some that I like, but every time it comes up on the actual menu before a match begins, I only have the two 'Final Stage' lines available. Do I have to switch it to a different form of Freeza that appears before a match or something, and if so, how do I do that?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoe13V3Bz2A

Okay, let's speculate: How the hell are they gonna handle Great Ape Vegeta? My bet is it's gonna be like what they do for Super Buu transitioning to Kid Buu, where when the Raider gets to that form, you get teleported to a mini-stage where the Great Ape can fit.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:40 am

Game hasn't released yet and they already announced season 2 lol

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:46 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:40 am Game hasn't released yet and they already announced season 2 lol
In 5 years time they will be announcing Seasons 4 & 5 before a game's release :lol:

I'm just hoping the developers will focus more on balancing the game and listening to feedback, rather than milking the players.
It's very online dependent so they should be on guard.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:34 pm

At some point, we're bound to have Goku Black as a villain, he's even closer to the concept of desperate survivors trying to escape a city destroyer than Freeza, Cell and Boo.

He's the villain that makes the most sense for the situations presented in the game, so it's inevitable.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:03 pm Does anyone know how to actually change the lines available to you to taunt survivors with when playing as a Raider? I have multiple different options for Freeza, and I've equipped some that I like, but every time it comes up on the actual menu before a match begins, I only have the two 'Final Stage' lines available. Do I have to switch it to a different form of Freeza that appears before a match or something, and if so, how do I do that?
To answer my own question from before in case anyone else had trouble figuring that out as well - it's the same button setup you use as a survivor to use an emote in match. The extra voice lines for various forms for the Raider can be used in match, not just at the loading screen before the match starts - I had no idea about that at first. :lol:

At any rate, the game is here at last, and I can't lie - I'm really freakin' stoked to get to play this all the time now. I've had way more fun with it in each of the beta sessions than I honestly ever expected to. If anyone here is playing on the Switch (it would be nice if they added cross-play eventually), feel free to hit me up for a match - my Switch friend code is SW-0745-6427-7791.
Twitter

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:36 am

Got the switch game yesterday I'm having a blast with the full version on switch. I got my oolong keychain , I won as frieza and as a survivor I'm using things I didn't see or know about in beta like nimbus or saiyan space pod abilities.

Only downside so far for me personally is it says "episodes" but it's just the tutorial. I thought might be a small story mode or something but that might come later.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:01 pm

I spent two hours fixing my internet because, for some reason, this game keeps making my internet crap out when I try to play; now I'm temporarily not allowed to get matches because I kept DCing. I just want to skitter around as the Cell larva, damn it ;(
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:41 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:34 pm At some point, we're bound to have Goku Black as a villain, he's even closer to the concept of desperate survivors trying to escape a city destroyer than Freeza, Cell and Boo.

He's the villain that makes the most sense for the situations presented in the game, so it's inevitable.
Indeed, they are 100% saving him for a DLC, and he should be the first one. Not just because he's popular, but also because he's the villain who fits this kind of videogame the most.

All the other villains just blew everything up (even Cell started to blow up entire towns once he got his Semi-Perfect form). Meanwhile, Black had a personal vendetta and was literally hunting down every single human. That's why the humans were hiding in underground refuges and using hit-and-run tactics on him. Black could have easily just blow them all up from a distance, but he wanted to hunt them down instead, like a horror movie killer.

Him and Zamasu are really perfect for this videogame genre.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:13 am

I've been thinking this might be the first dragon ball game thats going to be unplayable once they shut down the servers. Is there any offline way to play with AI?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:13 pm

Easy Anti-Cheat has kicked me out of every single session I've tried to play on the Steam Deck. What the hell? Am I about to get my money back from Steam and call it a loss? Bad luck with this game from the jump (both PS4 and Steam versions).

YMK_8000
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YMK_8000 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:40 am Game hasn't released yet and they already announced season 2 lol
Impossible, this game hasn’t even cracked 100k copies sold in Japan it’s by far the worst selling DB game since the PS3 era how is it getting a season 2????

I hope Bandai course corrects I don’t want the string of consistent failures that you see in the other part of the franchise (latest movie & manga) to affect the part that’s consistently released quality products.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:06 pm

YMK_8000 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 pm Impossible, this game hasn’t even cracked 100k copies sold in Japan it’s by far the worst selling DB game since the PS3 era how is it getting a season 2????
It's a $20 product created on top of previously-created/used tech that is almost assuredly cheap to create and maintain, likely by a small team. They've telegraphed everything about this from the very start, so I don't know why this is continuously surprising to people unless they literally know nothing about the game at all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:18 am

I am excited to play this game sometime, but the fact that it's an 'always online' game that only works well with friends does make me uneasy. I do hope this does well in the long term but it definitely has a shelf life, hopefully one that will last for at least a few years. Fingers firmly crossed.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:02 am

Silly question maybe but the games beennout over a week now. Why are the weekly challenges still the same?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:57 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:02 am Silly question maybe but the games beennout over a week now. Why are the weekly challenges still the same?
I could be wrong, but I think there was a glitch in regards to those earlier. I completed at least one set (possibly even two, I can't remember anymore) just the same as I did my daily ones, and they both switched over like...immediately after the next match after completing them, rather than it taking any actual passage of time for the game to give me new ones. As a result, I got more DP than I think they intended, which was great for me honestly, but I don't think it's exactly what they had in mind. :lol:

Presumably they've fixed it now as I haven't had that happen again, and I assume it'll be a week out from the date of it being fixed that it'll swap over. I'm just curious to see if it'll happen at the same time the daily ones switch out, which seems to be about 7 P.M. my time.
Twitter