DB games would do better if they had allowed u to make choices

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

DB games would do better if they had allowed u to make choices

Post by Seekeroftruth » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am

A problem with DB games is that they keep repeating back the same damn storyline over and over. It's bad enough that the story is average at best and mediocre at worse but when you keep playing the same scenario over it ruins the enjoyment of the entire experience. For example, DB: Kakarot had lot of potential to be a great DB game but one aspect that ruined it was having to play the tedious storyline of the manga over and over.

A lot of games are moving over to the idea of giving players the option to make choices that changes the ending to a game, and I think DB could benefit from this concept especially when we see how well Yamcha reborn was received by the fans. Fans of DB want more what if scenarios and being able to decide the winner of each saga rather than having each saga be essentially the goku (and or relative adjacent show).

https://youtu.be/s_CdhLtSWzs

Modern_Dingus

Re: DB games would do better if they had allowed u to make choices

Post by Modern_Dingus » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:44 pm

I don't doubt that Bandai would do this, even within the next Decade, but my main worry is that they'd probably do what they always do and give a ton of detail and attention to characters like Goku and Vegeta, but then characters like Piccolo and Krillin would get maybe 2 or 3 choices that would actually make a difference. Then everyone else just kinda gets 1 or 2 moments to maybe change the outcome of a battle but don't really affect the story.

If they were to make a game where choices matter they need to make sure that any character has the ability to change the course of history, because honestly, the ideas of What if ( insert Saiyan here ) got ( insert Saiyan Form here ) during X arc?!?!?! Really isn't as interesting as a lot of people hype it up to be.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:12 pm

I always wanted to see a DB game do that for years. For example, you can choose to have Vegeta live or die in the Saiyan Saga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:44 pm

But a lot of games do that. Super Saiya Densetsu and the Super Gokuden games in particular let you mess around with the plot in all kinds of weird ways if you want.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:08 pm

Adamant wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:44 pm But a lot of games do that. Super Saiya Densetsu and the Super Gokuden games in particular let you mess around with the plot in all kinds of weird ways if you want.
To be fair, SSD was released in 1992 ( and to my knowledge ) hasn't had an official re-release, and the same can be said for SG.

I think OP is referring to a much more open style, where any character / transformation / death can cause huge impacts on the timeline.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756