"Off To Save Kurilin" alternate

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BladeXRG

"Off To Save Kurilin" alternate

Post by BladeXRG » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm

As I was trying to get a capture from movie 2 to upload Off To Save Kurilin as a video, I realized there were some minor differences between the movie version and the rip I had. I then decided to extract the movie audio and... yup, they are different.

The movie version, which I'll be calling M426-2, has one extra note at the beginning (could be just an edit done by the musical director), it also includes a short xylophone solo which isn't present in the alternate, and lacks a lot of instruments after the beginning that are present in the alternate(by the end they both sound the same though).

I've checked all of the uses in the anime and it seems like the version that was always used there was M426-1, the version most of us know.

PD: I updated the links to show that I've gotten a far cleaner rip thanks to a M&E track.
Last edited by BladeXRG on Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Off To Save Kurilin" alternate

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Daaaaaamn, nice catch! The voices & sfx obstruct the music so much that I was never able to notice it, always a new track is discovered!
I just don't agree about the beginning, that "extra note" definitely sounds like a external edit done by the music director, myself could replicate it, it doesn't sound very natural for me, but about the rest you're definitely right, thanks for that, now, just if Movie 2 had the suitable audio channels for a good rip :/
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.