Anyone see this job listing for a new Manga Fighting game a while back?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Anyone see this job listing for a new Manga Fighting game a while back?

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:14 am

https://freelance-hub.jp/project/detail/33161/ Seems like its using UE 4 and is being Developed on the PS5. What's the chance of this being a Dragonball game?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Anyone see this job listing for a new Manga Fighting game a while back?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:14 am

It could be another famous battle shonen such as Naruto, One Piece, Demon Slayer, or even the recent Jujutsu Kaisen.

Dragon Ball is a safe bet given how successful Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ have been on top of the strength of the IP.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:36 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:14 am It could be another famous battle shonen such as Naruto, One Piece, Demon Slayer, or even the recent Jujutsu Kaisen.

Dragon Ball is a safe bet given how successful Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ have been on top of the strength of the IP.
Man I just hope it’s a refresh on the Budokai series, now is the perfect time because by 2023/2024 most people will have a PS5.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:56 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:36 am
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:14 am It could be another famous battle shonen such as Naruto, One Piece, Demon Slayer, or even the recent Jujutsu Kaisen.

Man I just hope it’s a refresh on the Budokai series, now is the perfect time because by 2023/2024 most people will have a PS5.
Xenoverse 3 or FighterZ 2 are more likely but I would personally prefer Budokai 4.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:09 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:56 am

Xenoverse 3 or FighterZ 2 are more likely but I would personally prefer Budokai 4.
Is the Xenoverse series running on Unreal Engine 4?? I know FighterZ does.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:12 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:09 pm

Yes. XV2 runs on Unreal Engine 4. Same as FighterZ.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:33 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:12 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:09 pm
Yes. XV2 runs on Unreal Engine 4. Same as FighterZ.
I see. At this point I don't see Bandai Namco doing a Xenoverse 3, its been almost 6 years and it would be a waste of money to develop a XV3. Maybe this is why they have been giving us DLC over the past few years.