Dilo's Projects: DRAGON BALL RESPARKED

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie
Location: hehe dromaeosaurids,, (icon drawn by @/FeralWolf1234)

Dilo's Projects: DRAGON BALL RESPARKED

Post by DiloVortexx » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:50 am

hiya my name is dilo and I'm an aspiring artist who really likes dragon ball.. I've posted my art before in the fan works explosion thread but i thought it would maybe be a good idea to have my own thread to share content for my personal dragon ball rewrite, dragon ball resparked!! (or just general fanart too)
here i will share official artwork, stories, audio work and screenshot edits to show the colours and some design decisions for the au! (amongst other things if youre interested ^^")

dragon ball resparked is basically a project to make it a more consistently connected and interesting story while keeping many core elements of it. the alien races/species are redesigned in my style to make them more unique and not just humans with extra colours and features, may have extra lore, forms and other things, there may be plenty of ocs and original races as well! also since I'm an lgbtq+ fan of the series, that means many characters in the series will be rewritten in terms of things like that so if ya dont like that then deal with it lol (for example... goten and trunks in this au are both canonically trans (goten goes by he/him and trunks he/they).. goten is bi and trunks is both demiromantic and pansexual bc self indulgent au.. he doesnt get with mai at all in this au (bc that ship makes me uncomfortable for multiple reasons dwb) but they still dont mind women in romantic connotations when they feel like it.. but ofc their fav person is always going to be goten ♥ and yes, they are in love in this rewrite ala kaiserneko's "we're boyfriends!!! : D" video lol)

i will explain more in time but for now have some screenshot edits of the designs for the au! (only concepts so they arent perfectly obviously 👍 also I'm new to screenshot editing + dont have the episodes themselves on hand so if they look a bit weird and low quality in some thats why so i have to use pre-existing screenshots)
saiyan arc vegeta (humanoid form; yes saiyans have other forms than super, god, oozaru etc. in this au! saiyan is pronounced sigh - yen here bc i go mostly by sub terms/names) has dark reddish-brown hair and tail, yellowed eyes and sharp teeth, claws, freckles by the nose representing whisker follicles in their true forms etc. in this au as according to my plan for these guys,, (ignore the different skin tones i couldnt be bothered to fix them; also yes I'm using most of the manga colours for him)
edit of kid vegeta from dbz broli.. i gave him the bangs from his appearance in the bardock special because i thought they were cute.. maybe ill doodle some adult vegetas with those bangs bc i feel like they could still pop up from time to time
and lastly, an edit of the capsule corp outfitted blooma with the violet hair from the manga but she keeps the blue eyes from the anime because 1. i like the shade of blue they used 2. her design in the path to power film appeals a lot to me 3. iirc she does have appearances in the manga where she has blue eyes w/ violet hair 4. it contrasts well with the rest of her design and 5. gives more context and reason as to why trunks looks the way they do (tho in the au i may make trunks's hair a bit more red to coincide with vegeta's genes.. tho he still has mostly lavender hair like blooma)

if you have any questions, ideas or just general things you wish to talk about, feel free to reply! I'm open to any suggestions from others who may know more obscure facts about the franchise that could help me out a lot with the rewrite!! ^^ thank you,,
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

goten and trunks are gay and trans ♥

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dilo's Projects: DRAGON BALL RESPARKED

Post by DiloVortexx » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 am

oopsie yall boutta get lore and art dumped... so beware of long post and explanations regarding whats going on in my universe and also resparked as a whole 😳 (theres reposts also from fan works explosion too with some of these bc might as well expand on some of those concepts in this thread!)

artwork of goten and trunks in their monky non-oozaru forms!! they are in love : 3 (i dont have a name for this form yet but kinda imagine it as ss4 mixed w/ oozaru but you dont need bruitz waves to activate it and they primarily use this form when they're comfy around someone.. this is their base forms actually and the humanoid forms are only used to fit in with humans or when they feel less comfy showing their true forms around someone.. if anyone would like to suggest names i would appreciate! ^^)
these two have markings descending from somewhere in their familial bloodlines.. trunks has spots and stripes from taable and vegeta respectively (..but!! the snow leopard rosettes and markings are a rare mutation that may have come from ancestors way in the past.. unsure of who... also trunks has painted claws lol they think it looks cool and pretty on themself LOL) and goten has heart markings and stripes from gokû, and therefore they also come from bardock and gine... (the stripes come from bardock and the heart-esque markings are from gine! youll also be able to see these reflected on gohan and raditz too)

young gokû (humanoid form) concepts showing off what happens with saiyan tails after they're cut off in resparked! (also this artwork shows what gokû's markings look like! they're similar to those when hes in his monky form too,, like i said before, the stripes on him come from bardock and the heart markings are from gine!)
i never liked how they just dropped the idea of the tails coming back when under extreme stress or hell being able to grow back randomly upon seeing something that produces bruitz waves.. so that concept is back in full force and expanded upon in my rewrite ^^

so when saiyan tails are cut off in resparked, instead of creating a weird fleshy hole where the tail was, the tail fur sprouts out and creates a fluffy lil bobbed tail that is still capable of movement but its hard for it to help the saiyan obtain bruitz waves.. the tail does grow back normally over time and this does happen to the saiyan cast of resparked every time their tail is cut off (hence why goten and trunks have their tails in this au bc i dont like how the human hybrids just stopped having tails and never grew them back), but it can immediately sprout out into a full fledged tail when the saiyan is under extreme stress, excitement, experiences a zenkai boost or just having any over the top emotions in general. unlike in original dragon ball canon, the tails are coloured like the rest of the hair on their body so that means vegeta for example has a dark red tail, goten and trunks have dark blue-ish black and violet tails respectively.. etc etc.

and yes a saiyans tail does aid with obtaining bruitz waves, the tail stores said leftover energy for future use, even when in the bobbed state.. its related to ki (or its in-universe term, kyrai (key - RYE), which is used universally to describe unique life energy that can be used for combat, healing, casual etc. purposes) energy stuff thats for sure (which i still need to figure out how that works btw its gonna be a VERY complicated magic system for my universe; especially with how many elements i already have planned lol)

main species concepts!
in order: saiyans (non oozaru monky forms), freeza race (i have a name planned for them in my au but i have to revise it as it was originally taken from another au someone made; freeza has spikes around his head gem thing kinda like a royal prince's crown in all forms.. they may be the least changed designs besides the majins but.. there are still some key differences), majins (can have black, white or multi colour scleras bc thats not consistent in the franchise so I'm just like.. fuck it its a natural species mutation.. they also all have tails, which are usually very short as their head tentacles act more as a prehensile tail.. but the few majins out there who have elongated tails (majin 21 counts even tho shes a hybrid.. also can have long ear hole things too) use their tail as an extra limb and to help with balance) mr popo but cat (they're called potopo (named for the strange way they laugh) and are distantly related to neko majins! also mr popo has been renamed to pokonako due to his laugh sounding like "po-ko-ko-ko" and theres some of the japanese words for mysterious genie in there too)

and finally headshots of the main species of the project!!
in order: saiyan, namekian (they take more inspiration from real life mollusks and reptiles, reproducing asexually (and also being intersex to boot) and also soaking up liquids like water into their skin and organs freely bc.. weird alien shenanigans.. the elongated tapered appendages can sharpen like their claws and also are capable of regenerating if lost like any part on their bodies! also they have more shelled armour plating for more defense in battle, even if they're a more neutral species than the saiyans, freeza race, majins etc. different creature based variants are capable of existing for nameks as well, hence why we got demon clan namekians like piano, tambourine, cymbal, drum etc.), buramutan (one of many original species for the project! buramutans are a race of reptilian mammals with bat like qualities that have expertise in defensive kyrai magic.. expect to see quite a few of them pop up over the course of the story for resparked,, there is a buramutan character called ramu on the universe 7 team and multiple show up related to events with mr ice planet real estate agent bastard as well...), freeza race, majin and potopo!
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:26 am

Not that I need any real justification to see Goten and Trunks reimagined as gay furries, but what exactly is this? A comic? A fanfic? When you say "a project to make it a more consistently connected and interesting story", what does that refer to?

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:45 am

Shaddy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:26 am Not that I need any real justification to see Goten and Trunks reimagined as gay furries, but what exactly is this? A comic? A fanfic? When you say "a project to make it a more consistently connected and interesting story", what does that refer to?
gay furry goten and trunks will be real in 10 seconds /hj...

ill most likely write it out as fanfic first (i have done some test chapters and this project is still very much in an alpha phase but i do have the basics down particularly regarding the origins of saiyans, gokû's origins, the beginning of the pilaf arc and a few other misc scenes from other arcs (currently the arc with the most planned out for it is the saiyan arc)) and possibly?? turn the fanfic into a comic/manga? its a huge undertaking to be doing a personal rewrite of the series, especially with how i have a lot of ideas in mind for redesigns, lore and overall character rewriting + considering what I'm doing w/ this design and characterization wise this isnt going to appeal to everyone but i thought id make a thread for it anyway as its a good place for me to write down ideas besides private discord servers lmao

also could be a thread for me to half post about this rewrite's relevance to my main universe?? bc it does have some mainly with the ki/kyrai and magic/element systems, alternate universes and timelines and how they work... amongst other things like how some characters in my mainverse have canonically interacted with or have relation to resparked characters and/or events
so working on resparked also helps me to figure out worldbuilding for my other personal projects as well

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:45 pm

a lil quickie post because me and one of my friends were talking about these two the other night..
beerus and champa when they were younger! inspired by an au video i saw that delved into their origins i have ideas... abt where these two came from, how they became the way they are now and uhhh.. angst. lots of angst. because i like to torture comfort characters of mine /joke (i mean we dont know much about their origins anyway so rolling with it)

before the incident that separates them and has them have to leave their planet, their relationship was what you could call the definition of brotherly love..
champa used to be super upbeat and kind, cheering on his friends and brother with all of his heart! meanwhile beerus was a bit more mellow and shy as a kid but still very polite and well-mannered.. but then when the incident happens, it changes most of their personalities and to say these kids end up getting traumatized by it is an understatement (and this isnt even delving into the whole becoming hakaishin/destroyer gods thing either)
and this is also the incident that makes champas tail look the way it does because i like the headcanon that it got kinda injured from battle or something.. before that it actually tipped off properly like beerus's but a bit chubbier : 3

AbelCat

Post by AbelCat » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 pm

DiloVortexx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:45 am
Shaddy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:26 am Not that I need any real justification to see Goten and Trunks reimagined as gay furries, but what exactly is this? A comic? A fanfic? When you say "a project to make it a more consistently connected and interesting story", what does that refer to?
gay furry goten and trunks will be real in 10 seconds /hj...

ill most likely write it out as fanfic first (i have done some test chapters and this project is still very much in an alpha phase but i do have the basics down particularly regarding the origins of saiyans, gokû's origins, the beginning of the pilaf arc and a few other misc scenes from other arcs (currently the arc with the most planned out for it is the saiyan arc)) and possibly?? turn the fanfic into a comic/manga? its a huge undertaking to be doing a personal rewrite of the series, especially with how i have a lot of ideas in mind for redesigns, lore and overall character rewriting + considering what I'm doing w/ this design and characterization wise this isnt going to appeal to everyone but i thought id make a thread for it anyway as its a good place for me to write down ideas besides <Self-Advertising Link Removed> lmao

also could be a thread for me to half post about this rewrite's relevance to my main universe?? bc it does have some mainly with the ki/kyrai and magic/element systems, alternate universes and timelines and how they work... amongst other things like how some characters in my mainverse have canonically interacted with or have relation to resparked characters and/or events
so working on resparked also helps me to figure out worldbuilding for my other personal projects as well
Thats a lot of information. Thanks

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:19 pm

AbelCat wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 pm Thats a lot of information. Thanks
huh? i mean yea youre welcome for info on the au but whats with the link? /genuine question

anyways this gives me an opportunity to post here again..
already posted this in fan works thread but.. gamma 1 and 2 in dragon ball resparked are pretty similar design-wise to their canon counterparts.. but! have sharper teeth, some differently hued skin tones to be able to tell them apart even more and some more shark like aspects (shark tail being the most prominent) bc their designs just made me think "hehe.. shark cyborgs.."
also working on a new screenshot edit that does a lot of changing with skin tones and everything so ill post that once its done .w."

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:58 pm

DiloVortexx wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:19 pm
huh? i mean yea youre welcome for info on the au but whats with the link? /genuine question
Sorry bro, I think he's a spambot.

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:58 pm Sorry bro, I think he's a spambot.
yeah thats what i thought when i saw that lol
they got these mfs coming all the way to kanzenshuu just to post on my thread tho? i am honoured 😳 /joking

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:31 pm

That's a LOT of changes, in every conceivable way. I'm looking forward to how you'll put it all together, be it comic or fanfic

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:11 pm

EGonzo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:31 pm That's a LOT of changes, in every conceivable way. I'm looking forward to how you'll put it all together, be it comic or fanfic
YEAH thank you! just already from the beginning of the series its changed up a lot for how the scenes are, like.. how gokû meets blooma and how that whole episode is is similar to the original in resparked but also has its own changes to follow the new lore i have in mind where yea this is definitely dragon ball but more of a twist to it

for example, the first scene where we see young gokû leaping around and gathering materials and all that takes place at sunset instead of broad daylight and that goes to a timeskip where we see him wake up in the morning and talking to the four star dragon ball.. and well then we get the scene where he meets blooma and that does play out somewhat different (more cues from the manga and 10th anniversary/path to power movie 👀)

i just gotta get the motivation to actually do the fanfic for it eventually :thumbup:

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 pm

wow its been a while huh

got a bit distracted with life stuff for a bit but i do have something i've been working on for a while now..
the front view refs for young son gokû (humanoid form) in resparked!! the colours are a mix of his manga and anime colours (mainly manga) and of course i decided to go with his first ever gi here ^^
but wait, theres more.. because theres also his pre-memory loss design from when he was on planet vegeta all the way to him meeting grandpa gohan and soon hitting his head.. used the colours of the saiyan armour from that one saiyan arc flashback scene for him bc i thought those fit him a lot better than his dbs broly colours (tho i still used the blue from dbs broly design)
and ofc a clothless version to show all of the markings and fur/hair on his body! makes it a lot more obvious hes not a human like this..
so yeah, try to imagine him adventuring around with blooma like this lol.. his design was pretty fun to figure out in my style!!