Continuity #1 The Main Animation Continuity
This continuity involves the entire DB anime,the two DB Safety specials, the Z anime but only Saiyans, Freeza, Cell, Other World Tournament and Boo, The Bardock and Trunks specials, and Z Movies 8, 9 and 13. GT and A hero's legacy as well. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after the end of GT and A Hero's Legacy.
- In GT, the Grand Kaio-Sama Planet appears, which was a filler material exclusive from the Z anime, that leads to GT being canon to the Z anime.
- Movie 8 definitely can happen during the 10 Days before the Cell Games, I know that Goku and Gohan aren't in their SSJ FP form in the whole movie, but honestly, Goku was going to a Interview, and both staying in their base forms won't change much.
- Definitely nothing prevents Movie 9 from being part of this continuity, it can happen after Mirai Trunks is ressurected and before the Other World Tournament.
- Definitely nothing prevents Movie 13 from being part of this continuity, it can happen in between Boo's defeat and the End of Z time skip.
- Since Movies 10 and 11 can't happen in this continuity, we can assume that Broly died permanently here.
In this continuity, we have The First 3 DB Movies, all of them are retellings, with the third one containing the biggest differences. Even though Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle doesn't mentions the events of the Legend of Shenlong, and Great Mystical Adventure doesn't mention the events from both of the previous two movies, we can pretty much all agree that both of the 3 belong to the same continuity. No Sign of Suno, Chichi, Gyumao, Uranai Baba, no TB, Red Ribbon is replaced by the Mifan Empire, and Pilaf just appears in Movie 3. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after Movie 3.
- Since in Movie 3, Goku already meets Karin, he didn't fought Tenshinhan, but he and Chiaotzu turn into Z Warriors in the end, and Bora is resurrected, there's pretty much no reason to Uranai Baba arc happen in this continuity, so everything leads directly to the Piccolo arc, except if Pilaf and his Gang weren't killed by Tao Pai Pai.
- There's a chance that the events in Mt. Frypan happened in off-screen.
Continuity of the movie "Dead Zone" and the Garlic Jr. Arc, this continuity definitely involves a alternate version of the Z anime continuity. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after the Garlic Jr. Arc ended.
- Since it's impossible for this movie to happen after Raditz, and Kuririn already knows Gohan, It's easy to assume that in this continuity, Raditz came to earth later.
- The Garlic Jr. Arc implies that the events of Dead Zone, were exactly the same as the ones in the movie, and there's absolutely no chance that the Movie could have happened off-screen in Continuity #1.
- Even though Maron appears in Z episode 128, she doesn't mentions any of the events of the Garlic Jr. Arc, it's totally possible of Maron existing in Continuity #1 without the events of Dead Zone and the Garlic Jr. Arc.
- Due to several factors, such as Uranai Baba, the Movie and the Arc also can't happen in Continuity #2.
- The Garlic Jr. Arc is the only arc in the Z anime that is contradictory to the anime itself.
Continuity of Z Movies 2 and 3, this continuity involves another alternate version of the Z anime continuity. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after Movie 3.
- Since Goku in these two movies, uses the Kaioken and the Genki Dama, they need obligatory to take place after the fight against Nappa and Vegeta, but Piccolo, Chiaotzu, Tenshinhan and Yamcha are alive, this implies that in this continuity, all of them survived in the battle.
- Tree of Might implies that the travel to Namek never happened, which makes sense, the movie takes place in Earth, Piccolo definitely isn't fused with Nail, Goku is still wearing the Kaio-Sama gi. The Only thing related to the Freeza arc in this movie, is a line said by Lakasei (or Rasin, can't remember which of the two said it) mentioning Freeza's name, but that doesn't mean anything.
- The events of this continuity can't happen in Continuity #3 as well, The Garlic Jr. Arc implies that after Raditz and Dead Zone, everything went normal as in Continuity #1.
- It's also impossible to happen in Continuity #2 due to obvious reasons.
- The Flashback of Piccolo dying show in Movie 2, doesn't mean much, that could be just a artistic choice.
- It's hard to think about what happened after Tree of Might, the characters would never have a good reason to travel to Namek, we can pretty much say that the Cell arc happened, and that due to the inexistence of the power ups from Namek, everyone was killed in the end.
Continuity of Z Movies 4 and 5. this continuity also involves other alternate version of the Z anime continuity. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after Movie 5.
- Kaio-Sama says that Slug can be stronger than Freeza, that implies that the Freeza arc happaned, but since Goku is in Earth, doesn't know how to transform into SSJ, Kuririn is alive, Piccolo seems much stronger, Cooler says that Freeza was killed, and the fight against Final Form Cooler implies that it was the first time Goku turned into SSJ, it's easy to believe that in the continuity of these two movies, Freeza actually died to the Genkidama and that Namek never exploded.
- These two movies can't happen in Continuity #4 because that continuity implies that the Travel to Namek never happened.
- Goku never went to Yadorat.
- They also can't happen in Continuity #3, because during the Garlic Jr. Arc, Goku isn't in Earth.
- Can't happen in Continuity #2 as well.
- This one is harder to tell what happened later, we don't even know if Vegeta was resurrected, and if Freeza was really killed, if so, then everyone would die in the end again just as in Continuity #4 due to obvious reasons.
Continuity of Z Movies 6 and 7. This, obviously, involves another alternate version of Z anime continuity, and a alternate version of the events from Movie 5. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after Movie 7.
- Movie 6 can't be canon to the Movie 5 as we know, due to the simple fact that Goku uses Shunkanido against Metal Cooler, but since we're talking about THE RETURN of Cooler, I'll assume that in this continuity, Movie 5 happened, but not as like as it was in Continuity #5, here, Cooler probably arrived during the training for the Androids, resulting into him being defeated easier.
- This continuity is the hardest one to tell what's going on, Since in this Movie 6, and in Movie 7, Piccolo is already fused with Kami, Dende is already the Kami-Sama, Goku isn't SSJ Full FP yet, Vegeta isn't SSJ Dai Ni Dankai, there's no Trunks in Namek, and Gohan can't even go regular SSJ yet. I can assume that both of them happen before Piccolo goes to fight #17, but, Goku used the virus medicine, was defeated by #18 and #17, and still took a while for the Saiyans to go to the Room of Spirit and Time, but for some reason, they decided to go to Namek while Cell and the Androids were around, Movie 7 shows 18 and 17 killing Gero, maybe here, they let Gero escape? So they went to Namek without even knowing about the two? Then Movie 7 happened somehow? This can't be before Cell games, Cell would've killed everyone just in his second form or even in his stronger imperfect state. The Only good theory I could find for this was the one in the DB Wiki, which says that Trunks deactivated 17,18 and 16, which makes sense.
- These movies can't happen in Continuities #1,#2,#3 and #4 due to obvious reasons
- Can't tell if Slug happened.
- As it was already hard to tell what's going on in this continuity, it's also hard to tell what happened with it later, but going by the theory in DB Wiki, we can pretty much say that Cell in his stronger imperfect state, or Dabura, or Majin Boo, killed everyone.
Continuity of, daaah, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, this again, involves another alternate version of the Z anime continuity. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after the events of this OVA.
- This one is worse, While we have the appareance of Slug, Cooler and Turles, and Goku mentioning Broly, we definitely can't say that this OVA belongs to Continuities #1 to #6, first of all, everyone is already like as they are in Cell Games (not gonna mention Trunks' haircurt), Turles being in there is already totally contradictory, as in the continuity of his movie everyone was killed before Cell could even show up, Vegeta and Trunks, makes everything even more confusing, as the Slug and Cooler movies doesn't let us know if Vegeta was resurrected and Freeza survived. All i can say is that in this continuity, Movies 3, 4 and 5 happened somehow, but not in the way as we know, I can't think about how these events could have happened in this continuity without just saying "Turles, Slug and Cooler all showed up during the training for the Androids and all of them were killed too easy", DB wiki doesn't even say anything about this, they just say that it can be inferred that this OVA can take place in the same continuity as Movies 3, 4 and 5, which makes them contradict themselves.
- Can't tell if Movies 6 and 7 happened, probably not.
Continuity of Z Movies 10, 11 and 12. For the last time, this one includes just one more another alternate version of the Z anime continuity. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after the events of Movie 12.
- It's also pretty hard to tell what's going on in this one, but not as the previous ones, firstly, Movie 10 can't take place in the regular continuity (which is the same as Movie 8 ), because the dragon balls are used, the whole Boo arc happens in 2 days and a half, the Dragon balls are used in the Boo arc, and they take some months to be used again, so using them two times in less than a month? Also, many people says that this movie happens before the 25th TB, but Goten already knows Goku when his "spirit" or something shows up, sooo...
- In Movie 11, we can all understand that it takes place after the TB ends, and that Movie 10 is canon to it, but Goten and Trunks should be in desert, Kuririn should be a stone, and Goku alongside Vegeta,Gohan and Kaioshin inside Babidi's ship. With all of that in mind and with the fact that Gohan and Vegeta aren't around, I can pretty much say that in this continuity, Goten, Trunks ahd Kuririn arrived in the desert much later, okay but what about Goku in the end? Easy, nothing implies that the last scene of the movie happens right after the death of Bio Broly, like, wow, Goku receives the news that Broly returned when he was already dead lol, that scene could have happened in any moment, as when Goku returned to the Other World, nothing prevents it.
- In Movie 12, Goku mentions Majin Boo, implying that his fight against him already happened, Gotenks already exists, Gohan can't go Ultimate, Shenlong is summoned, the world doesn't seem to be afraid of Majin Boo, Goku and Vegeta both are dead, so, it's really easy to say that in this continuity, Gotenks killed Super Boo, leading to Gohan having no reason to complete his training, and Goku not being ressurected, same for Vegeta.
- But what about the Dragon balls? Movie 12 could be months after Movie 10 and 11, that's why they could summon Shenlong again.
- Can't belong to any of the previous Continuities due to obvious reasons, but since several characters of past movies show up here, we can pretty much say that at least Movies 1-5 happened in this continuity somehow, but diferrent from what we know.
- What happens later? Well, GT or Super, but completelly different from what has actually happened, as everyone needing to Fight Beerus without the help of Goku and Vegeta, leading to Earth's destruction, and Goku never meeting Uub and never becoming a kid.
This one is the Continuity from the 10th Anniversary Movie "Path to Power", the purpose of the movie is to retell the beginning of DB once again, so obviously, it can't belong to any of the previous continuities. The Battle against Red Ribbon happens before the events with the Pilaf Gang, Frypan, Kuririn and the 21th TB, and Android 8 dies. This continuity to this day hasn't progressed after the movie.