Any naming ideas for Goten's children?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Any naming ideas for Goten's children?

Post by Ashur » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:22 pm

Ok, so i am at a loss, i'm writing a DB fancomic that happens after GT, and through the magic of retcons and timeskips i decided that it was time to establish that Goten and Pares/Palace/Valese had gotten married and give Pan cousins, two twin brothers, 10 years younger than her, but still, i thought it was the best narrative decision to have some young blood in the Son family and to keep the sense of progression of the series now that i've gotten to the point where Pan is already an adult.

But i have no idea how to call them, i am good at coming up with names for my new characters with their own naming conventions and/or puns, but those are characters that have no relation with the Son family and it's naming conventions or other characters that are based on japanese puns like Bulma's family, i have no idea what to call the two boys, i was thinking taking Pares' naming convention, and use the japanese engrish pronunciation for "house" for one of them (giving his mom is named after "palace") and call him "Son Hasu", but i'm unsure what the other would be called in that case, or if it is a good idea at all, since i can't read or speak japanese.

If any of you have any suggestions or directions to understanding the naming convention to come up with fitting names for the kids i would highly appreciate it :D .

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Any naming ideas for Goten's children?

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Ashur wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:22 pm Ok, so i am at a loss, i'm writing a DB fancomic that happens after GT, and through the magic of retcons and timeskips i decided that it was time to establish that Goten and Pares/Palace/Valese had gotten married and give Pan cousins, two twin brothers, 10 years younger than her, but still, i thought it was the best narrative decision to have some young blood in the Son family and to keep the sense of progression of the series now that i've gotten to the point where Pan is already an adult.

But i have no idea how to call them, i am good at coming up with names for my new characters with their own naming conventions and/or puns, but those are characters that have no relation with the Son family and it's naming conventions or other characters that are based on japanese puns like Bulma's family, i have no idea what to call the two boys, i was thinking taking Pares' naming convention, and use the japanese engrish pronunciation for "house" for one of them (giving his mom is named after "palace") and call him "Son Hasu", but i'm unsure what the other would be called in that case, or if it is a good idea at all, since i can't read or speak japanese.

If any of you have any suggestions or directions to understanding the naming convention to come up with fitting names for the kids i would highly appreciate it :D .
If I may suggest, maybe you can give 'royal-sounding' names (tying into Palace's name and all).

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Maybe try Gochū. "ku" in Goku was meant to be "sky". "ten" in Goten was meant to be "heaven". "chū" is coming from "uchū" which means "universe" or "world" if I'm not mistaken.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am

dragonballhero wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 pm
Ashur wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:22 pm Ok, so i am at a loss, i'm writing a DB fancomic that happens after GT, and through the magic of retcons and timeskips i decided that it was time to establish that Goten and Pares/Palace/Valese had gotten married and give Pan cousins, two twin brothers, 10 years younger than her, but still, i thought it was the best narrative decision to have some young blood in the Son family and to keep the sense of progression of the series now that i've gotten to the point where Pan is already an adult.

If I may suggest, maybe you can give 'royal-sounding' names (tying into Palace's name and all).
Trouser wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:52 pm Maybe try Gochū. "ku" in Goku was meant to be "sky". "ten" in Goten was meant to be "heaven". "chū" is coming from "uchū" which means "universe" or "world" if I'm not mistaken.
Both Good ideas, thank you! I can go with the royal theme for one and 'Gochu' for the other one, or maybe other words for 'world', I'm leaning more with the royal aspect as to maje it more ''realistic'' and less obviously author mandated.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 am

Goeleven and gotwelve, obviously.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:43 am

Ashur wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am

Trouser wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:52 pm Maybe try Gochū. "ku" in Goku was meant to be "sky". "ten" in Goten was meant to be "heaven". "chū" is coming from "uchū" which means "universe" or "world" if I'm not mistaken.
Both Good ideas, thank you! I can go with the royal theme for one and 'Gochu' for the other one, or maybe other words for 'world', I'm leaning more with the royal aspect as to maje it more ''realistic'' and less obviously author mandated.
Thank you! If I may ask, I don't suppose you have a preview of this fancomic, do you?

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:51 am

dragonballhero wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:43 am
Ashur wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am

Thank you! If I may ask, I don't suppose you have a preview of this fancomic, do you?
Well, its only in physical media for now (all horribly hand drawn by me), so no i don't have a preview, but i hope to get it to a presentable form and digitalized (or at least scanned) one day, so maybe in the future i will have something to show.

I should warn you though: It barely makes any sense :lol:

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:35 am

nineko wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 am Goeleven and gotwelve, obviously.
Piggybacking on your comment.
Using the japanese romanizations ( I don't really know japanese, used translators online) their names could be Juichiten and Juniten or Gojuichi or Gojuten.