Maybe an explanation for Beerus seemingly being "stronger" by each new arc?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Maybe an explanation for Beerus seemingly being "stronger" by each new arc?

Post by peterx » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:42 pm

We all used to see each arc Beerus always seems unreachable no matter how strong the Z warriors get.. I've an explanation for this:

So when he JUST woke up at the beginning of Super he really was using 70% at the time.. but all of you if you look at yourself when you wake up at the morning there needs to be some time to get into full gear. If you would sleep for 40 years straight maybe this time will be exponentally longer.. so there needs some months or even a year to be able to use your real MAX power.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Maybe an explanation for Beerus seemingly being "stronger" by each new arc?

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:43 am

peterx wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:42 pm We all used to see each arc Beerus always seems unreachable no matter how strong the Z warriors get.. I've an explanation for this:

So when he JUST woke up at the beginning of Super he really was using 70% at the time.. but all of you if you look at yourself when you wake up at the morning there needs to be some time to get into full gear. If you would sleep for 40 years straight maybe this time will be exponentally longer.. so there needs some months or even a year to be able to use your real MAX power.
70% was retconned anyway but yeah his wakey time being long too is a fun theory but it's contradicted by him having an amazing showing Vs all the other gods as at least a few of them would have been on different sleep cycles and awake.

The opposite would have been interesting. They wake up fresh and gradually drop in power till they sleep again.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:16 pm

There is this interesting quotation from Beerus in the most recent arc which I can't help but think might have some correlation to Vegeta's own condition when he achieved Ultra Ego. Yes Beerus isn't a Saiyan but he is an otherworldly entity with an unknown wellspring strength and likely potential as well. It's a long shot but maybe an internal explanation to justify the obvious of Toriyama wanting to keep Beerus as the goalpost is that destruction somehow enhances the power of the user. Seems out there but what else can be said besides the obvious of Toriyama not having a clear cut limitation in mind for the Hakaishin after BOG?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:15 pm

Lionel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:16 pm
There is this interesting quotation from Beerus in the most recent arc which I can't help but think might have some correlation to Vegeta's own condition when he achieved Ultra Ego. Yes Beerus isn't a Saiyan but he is an otherworldly entity with an unknown wellspring strength and likely potential as well. It's a long shot but maybe an internal explanation to justify the obvious of Toriyama wanting to keep Beerus as the goalpost is that destruction somehow enhances the power of the user. Seems out there but what else can be said besides the obvious of Toriyama not having a clear cut limitation in mind for the Hakaishin after BOG?
This is exactly my interpretation as well. I think that since Beerus is permanently and passively in Ultra Ego, he has the capability to constantly get stronger with no end. His line when he says he is always thinking about destruction, I interpret that as him constantly pushing himself and improving passively. This would mean that he would be able to keep up with the strongest of each arc via this method.

BoG: Beerus was anticipating fighting the Super Saiyan God for many years so he is able to fight on par with SSJG Goku.
RoF: Beerus has witnessed Goku and Vegeta training and achieving SSJB hence why Whis states that SSJB Goku + Vegeta working together would actually challenge Beerus.
U6 Tournament: Beerus expects SSJB Kaioken x10 Goku to be a proper challenge at this point in time based on his reaction.
Goku Black: In the manga, SSJB Vegito's power is directly compared to his although in the anime we can also assert that he doesn't seem too threatened by the presence of Infinite Zamasu so I think we can say is likely comparable to Vegito Blue at this point in time.
ToP: Jiren and Goku are the only ones seemingly above Beerus at this point by the end of the tournament.
Broly: Broly might be on par with Beerus according to Goku.
Moro: Beerus seems to have no issue with destroying Planet Moro who should be above Jiren and Broly by this point.
Granolah: Beerus is definitely above Granolah and Gas even after their wish.

With this, you could argue Beerus could be adjusting his power accordingly depending on whoever is the strongest so far. Perhaps he is image training as he sleeps? Maybe that's part of him always thinking about destruction.

Beerus (Granolah) > Gas > Beerus (Moro) > Moro > Beerus (Broly) > Gogeta Blue > UI Goku (ToP) > Beerus (ToP) > Beerus (Goku Black) > Vegito Blue > Beerus (U6) > Hit (U6) > Beerus (RoF) > Golden Freeza (RoF) > Beerus (BoG) > SSJG Goku (BoG) > Kid Buu > Beerus (when he sealed Old Kaioshin)

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am

Nah, it's just bad and lazy writing on Toriyama's part. He's stronger "just because", there's no point in explaining that.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:38 pm

I think they should make something like that: Beerus has several levels as a god of destruction. He used only his first level at max power vs SSjin God Goku. That would solve everything.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:06 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am Nah, it's just bad and lazy writing on Toriyama's part. He's stronger "just because", there's no point in explaining that.
Why is it "bad and lazy writing"? Is there some rule in Dragon Ball that says you're only allowed to be but so strong and then you mustn't be strong anymore?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:43 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:15 pm This is exactly my interpretation as well. I think that since Beerus is permanently and passively in Ultra Ego, he has the capability to constantly get stronger with no end. His line when he says he is always thinking about destruction, I interpret that as him constantly pushing himself and improving passively. This would mean that he would be able to keep up with the strongest of each arc via this method.

BoG: Beerus was anticipating fighting the Super Saiyan God for many years so he is able to fight on par with SSJG Goku.
RoF: Beerus has witnessed Goku and Vegeta training and achieving SSJB hence why Whis states that SSJB Goku + Vegeta working together would actually challenge Beerus.
U6 Tournament: Beerus expects SSJB Kaioken x10 Goku to be a proper challenge at this point in time based on his reaction.
Goku Black: In the manga, SSJB Vegito's power is directly compared to his although in the anime we can also assert that he doesn't seem too threatened by the presence of Infinite Zamasu so I think we can say is likely comparable to Vegito Blue at this point in time.
ToP: Jiren and Goku are the only ones seemingly above Beerus at this point by the end of the tournament.
Broly: Broly might be on par with Beerus according to Goku.
Moro: Beerus seems to have no issue with destroying Planet Moro who should be above Jiren and Broly by this point.
Granolah: Beerus is definitely above Granolah and Gas even after their wish.

With this, you could argue Beerus could be adjusting his power accordingly depending on whoever is the strongest so far. Perhaps he is image training as he sleeps? Maybe that's part of him always thinking about destruction.

Beerus (Granolah) > Gas > Beerus (Moro) > Moro > Beerus (Broly) > Gogeta Blue > UI Goku (ToP) > Beerus (ToP) > Beerus (Goku Black) > Vegito Blue > Beerus (U6) > Hit (U6) > Beerus (RoF) > Golden Freeza (RoF) > Beerus (BoG) > SSJG Goku (BoG) > Kid Buu > Beerus (when he sealed Old Kaioshin)
Didn't Beerus seem very worried after Infinite Zamasu was affecting the present? It even made Whis skin tingle as well.

But yes, him having Ultra Ego is a perfect solution to being surpassed by Jiren by the ToP but then still being the strongest after it.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:24 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:43 pm Didn't Beerus seem very worried after Infinite Zamasu was affecting the present? It even made Whis skin tingle as well.

But yes, him having Ultra Ego is a perfect solution to being surpassed by Jiren by the ToP but then still being the strongest after it.
I re-watched the scene in question and you are correct. Whis did feel a bit unsettled by Zamasu's presence and Beerus makes the comment about him affecting the present timeline with concern in his voice. Not really sure now if Beerus would have been able to destroy Infinite Zamasu although he did seem only concerned, but not wholly afraid or terrified. However if Beerus in this arc is >= Vegetto Blue and if Infinite Zamasu is indeed above Vegetto Blue, then perhaps Beerus really can't defeat him.

Going back to Ultra Ego, it explains Beerus going from being weaker than Buu to rivaling SSJG to rivaling 2 SSJBs to rivaling Vegetto Blue to being above Jiren and so on.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:02 am

Almighty Majin wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:24 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:43 pm Didn't Beerus seem very worried after Infinite Zamasu was affecting the present? It even made Whis skin tingle as well.

I re-watched the scene in question and you are correct. Whis did feel a bit unsettled by Zamasu's presence and Beerus makes the comment about him affecting the present timeline with concern in his voice. Not really sure now if Beerus would have been able to destroy Infinite Zamasu although he did seem only concerned, but not wholly afraid or terrified. However if Beerus in this arc is >= Vegetto Blue and if Infinite Zamasu is indeed above Vegetto Blue, then perhaps Beerus really can't defeat him.

Going back to Ultra Ego, it explains Beerus going from being weaker than Buu to rivaling SSJG to rivaling 2 SSJBs to rivaling Vegetto Blue to being above Jiren and so on.
It's heavily implied in the anime and outright confirmed in the manga that Beerus can't kill immortal Zamasu.