Little Miss Savage [Yabanverse Slice of Life story]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Little Miss Savage [Yabanverse Slice of Life story]

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:10 am

Drawn by Salvamakoto

The Yabanverse thread is bloated and filled with a lot of fluff, so I figured I'd use this thread specifically for Little Miss Savage

LMS is an upcoming short story cycle/serial following the life and times of a Yaban named Sol Yulaan when she's exiled to Planet Earth
Yabans are, as mentioned in the Yabanverse and Strongest Under Heaven threads, "Legally-Not-Saiyans." Wild-haired superhuman kung fu space monkeys

Setting: Planet Earth, late 1990s into the early 2000s
Fairly small town named Cypress Hill near a big city

General overarching story, at least for the first arc: Yulaan comes under the ownership of an eccentric man named Vicente Xaxalpa, and befriends the man's kid cousin named Chale. She has to navigate Earthling life during the 19-2000s under the sole condition that she is not allowed to kill except if mortally threatened. For what basically amounts to a Thermonuclear Monkey Klingon like herself, this is easier said than done.

From what I've currently written, it's a fairly laid back story, not at all intense or action-oriented, which goes without saying. For the most part, it's an excuse to indulge in the grossest excesses of whitebread middle-class Zillennial nostalgia

But this is only meant to be a comfy launch pad for future endeavors, far from representative of how the rest of the Yabanverse is going to play out. Also, I get to answer some old questions I've had on the brain for years:
• If a superhuman actually existed on Earth, how would we react, even if they lived in the shadows? Could they ever be held accountable for anything?
• How would a warlike alien respond to our generally docile norms? On that note, how would a female warlike alien respond to our norms and vice versa?
• How surreal would it be for a Saiyan to actually see Dragon Ball Z? (Though in this case it's not a Saiyan but something very similar)

Stay tuned! I'll post the short stories in this specific thread as they come.

For right now, I do have artwork to share, human and machine-made:

Sol Yulaan and Chale Jr.
(Drawn by Salvamakoto)

The first time Yulaan meets Chale Jr, the main human character of LMS at this point.

Yulaan, bored in class
(Generated with Stable Diffusion)

Sol Yulaan, going by Ares Yulan, has finished some school work and is reflecting on how she got here, her tail coiling in lethargic frustration

She's a Yaban! A kung fu space monkey of war and bloody combat. Why is she sitting in some whitebread school room taking a depressingly easy busywork quiz while hormonal preteen boys obsess over the mysterious-looking monkey-tailed girl infesting their class? What she would give to be back on Planet Kollidor, getting into constant fistfights at the tarus or in an Action Gamemaster's Blood Ring in honorable gladiatorial combat!

At least she likes reading about humanity's bloodsoaked history and imagining herself fighting alongside legendary warriors like Leonidas or conquering new lands for the Vikings and Mongols. What fascinates her especially has to be the 19th and 20th century and that era of machismo where men were raised to fight and be tough, reminding her quite a bit of vroda kvltvr on Kollidor.

Yulaan in Blockbuster, 2000
(Generated with Stable Diffusion)

Takes place during the short story "Blockbuster Party"
This is getting into what I mean by "raw, disgusting, and vulgar indulgence in Zillennial nostalgia", where after school one Friday, Yulaan and the boys decide rent some movies and games from Blockbuster and have a jolly good time over the weekend.

You can't even begin to fathom how gross the nostalgia pandering is in this particular short. It gets grody, and I don't want to spoil it!

A Yaban Watches Saiyans
(Drawn by Salvamakoto)

Everyone told her she needed to watch Dragon Ball Z, referencing it the moment she arrived on Earth Prime. So here she is, watching the original Japanese airing on a plasma-screen TV (remember those?)

Vicente Xaxalpa
(Generated with NovelAI)

The Mexican American Shinra Kishitani, this dork is an exceptionally weird young man who obsesses with the paranormal and supernatural, and his luck goes supernova when he wins an exotic alien monkey girl in a card game with an interdimensional flamboyant man.

Normally, Vicente is an underground doctor who helps people operating outside the law, and his hobby is to hunt for the supernatural, which has led to him interacting with plenty of high-strangeness, cryptids, and unusual entities, including a succubus, a vampire, and even a dullahan.

But a Yaban? That's a new one...

Ramona Xaxalpa
(Generated with NovelAI)

Ramona, the second oldest daughter of Ramon and Johanna Xaxalpa

Chale calls her Kurt Cobain's wife, reflecting how she's an alternative girl

14-year-old in 1999 when Yulaan first arrives

Sol Yuta
(Generated with NovelAI)

Yulaan's white-haired little brother is the cutest thing out there when he's a child, but he is nevertheless a member of a brutal warrior race. He's still incredibly strong and has a fighter's spirit, but his time on Earth Prime fosters his docility and righteousness for when he grows up.

Chale Jr
(Generated with NovelAI)

Chale in his family's living room, simple enough

Either 1999 or 2000, to be determined when Little Miss Savage begins serialization

Maybe he's watching TV, perhaps catching Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon or maybe watching an R-rated movie like Alien or Total Recall. What were you doing in 1999?

Ura Kevelnege
(Generated with NovelAI)

Sol Yulaan's best friend and fellow bolloi who follows Yulaan to Earth a few months after she's exiled there, getting permission to cross universes so long as she doesn't cause havoc.
Kevelnege is very close to a Saiyan Classic, with a very strong conqueror streak— she wants to conquer Earth Prime. However, she's docile like Yulaan and is able to be reasoned with to instead join in on the whitebread sugary blandness.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.