Yamamoto ban over?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB1984
Banned

Yamamoto ban over?

Post by DB1984 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:57 pm

A new album called Complete Song Collection Box, Vol. 1 came out this year, and it includes Yamamoto's songs, including Battle Color of the Warriors.

I was under the impression that all future Yamamoto music was banned from appearing again, after he got the boot from Toei.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Yamamoto ban over?

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:18 pm

I'm not aware of any new Dragon Ball music releases from this year beyond the Super Hero soundtrack.

Indeed, Columbia lists nothing and there's nothing showing up in Amazon Japan searches.

What release exactly are you referring to here?

Yamamoto was let go from his work on Dragon Ball Kai, and his work from that and other in-print products (namely Raging Blast 2) was scrubbed. This then extended to reissue-type works (namely Budokai HD Collection and the Super Butoden 1 & 2 digital releases).

That said, there's no "ban" on his music. We have no public statement saying his music "can't be used". After the press release regarding Kai, there has never been a public statement about it. They're just... not... releasing it or using it. Because of course they wouldn't.

But again, I'm not aware of any "new" release or re-release of music, so it's impossible to comment on whatever scenario you're referring to here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:17 pm

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm

Ah-hah. That's not a new release -- that's just a digital version of 2008's 13-disc release (documented on our "CD Sets" page).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:47 pm

Okay, I guess that makes sense.

I do think it's interesting, though, that this comes as Yamamoto has gone back to music composing.